The Captain is a Viking

Gastineau Lives

Maybe the Vikings just got a bargain, but I don't think the 3 years, $15M Munnerlyn got should lead us to believe Munnerlyn would have been the outside CB across from Milliner.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wilson perfectly suited to be our slot corner?

I think it's time we all get familiar with Bradley Roby, CB Ohio St. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Jets draft him at 18, or try, and trade back into the 20's, and draft him there. The Jets were all over him at Ohio ST's pro day, and he is an ideal man cover CB for Rex's system, off field issues is the only reason he isn't being talked about in the same breath as Gilbert, Dennard, and the other top tier CB's.

I'm actually thinking the same.  All of the FA CB's are coming off the board.  Unless they sign Rodgers-Cromartie, Thurmond, or Tillman, I think we might be looking CB in the 1st round.

I'm actually thinking the same.  All of the FA CB's are coming off the board.  Unless they sign Rodgers-Cromartie, Thurmond, or Tillman, I think we might be looking CB in the 1st round.

Ughhhhh no

Are we going to spend any more at all? We STILL have about $33M under the cap, and that's going up even higher if we cut Sanchez.

This is a great point and to add to what AVM said, finding a serious pass rusher would help the secondary.

Well then we're still going to have to draft that guy, because most of the decent ones have already been signed elsewhere. So much for using our money as a resource to improve the team.

he is actually a good actor though

tumblr_mig8fygn7I1ql20kxo6_250.gif

I just keep thinking of that old guy on Deadwood that referred to his barely functional member as "the captain".

Kyle Wilson sucks at CB and I'll always lament the pick we wasted on him - but at least his name doesn't hurt. 

Archived