Worst Jets draft pick of all time?

Freemanm

I was no fan of Blair Thomas but to say the Jets drafted him over Emmitt Smith? Please consider the team Smith played on and tell me he would have been half as good if he had been selected by the Jets. He played behind a gigantic offensive line and opposing teams would pretty much only play dime or nickel against the Cowboys.

Not what I said. 

Has to be Gholston.  And next Ron Faurot.  Then Dave Cadigan.  Mike Haight.  Then Robertson (though he was productive, he cost two firsts and a fourth.  ouch).  Gholston was a Jet three years and never recorded a single sack.  Even Van Dyke had better production.  

Alex van Dyke? Think he was some type of record-holder when we drafted him, like the most yards in NCAA history or something like that. We got 200 yards out of him in 3 years. And I remember some awful play in the 2nd half of the championship game against Denver that I've blacked out the specifics of. Horrible player.

What made him even worse was that we took him with the top pick in round 2 (#31?). Worse still was that we had Chrebet returning after a super rookie season, had just paid big bucks for Graham, and then took Keyshawn #1 in the country. Oh yeah, and we burned the #9 overall pick on a TE the year before. Then with that locked in, this is what we did with the #31 pick in the country? Just ridiculous. Sure could have used a Milloy or Alstott in that championship game, and both were sitting right there.

ouch.  I remember the van dyke pick sucking the joy out of me after the meshawn pick

and I honestly can't remember a single thing about boose.  did he even play a game ?

Any time you draft a QB that gives you 3 decent seasons instead of taking one of the top 5 (at least) QB's of all time is the worst pick you ever make. I'll take 5 Blair Thomases, Vernon Gholstons and Lam Joneses if I can reverse that pick. Those guys at least only cost you a pick that season, one pick. The price of that blunder goes way way deeper.

ouch.  I remember the van dyke pick sucking the joy out of me after the meshawn pick

and I honestly can't remember a single thing about boose.  did he even play a game ?

Only thing I remember about him was that his teammate died right after Oakland drafted him.

Archived