Stop telling me to get an iPhone

Maxman

Get a oneplus one. Same size as the 6+ with a better processor and memory.

Their invite system was terrible but I think in October they are opening it up to the masses. I've heard some good and bad things about the OPO definitely something to think about if you're looking for a Android phone.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their invite system was terrible but I think in October they are opening it up to the masses. I've heard some good and bad things about the OPO definitely something to think about if you're looking for a Android phone.

I have the opo it's really good. The touchscreen is the only downside and it's not even bad. It's just not great.

Apple is twice as expensive? 16gb apple is twice the price of a 64gb opo.

I think that's really all we're talking about now. And given the length of time that you use the devices for the price difference spread out over time really isn't that huge. Samsung, Google, Apple, they all put out great stuff, I have a very difficult time understanding why people take this stuff so personally nowadays. Especially since the difference in devices really isn't that big anymore for casual users. I have friends who shove their Samsungs in my face and start showing me why it's better, I'll be honest it all looks the same to me. Apps, email, internet, social media...etc, there's not much advancement happening anymore. For most buyers, the casual user, at this point all we're talking about is can you give me a phone that can load up xvideos fast enough? Because I'm too lazy to get out of bed to go get my laptop. You can? Great. Sold.

I think that's really all we're talking about now. And given the length of time that you use the devices for the price difference spread out over time really isn't that huge. Samsung, Google, Apple, they all put out great stuff, I have a very difficult time understanding why people take this stuff so personally nowadays. Especially since the difference in devices really isn't that big anymore for casual users. I have friends who shove their Samsungs in my face and start showing me why it's better, I'll be honest it all looks the same to me. Apps, email, internet, social media...etc, there's not much advancement happening anymore. For most buyers, the casual user, at this point all we're talking about is can you give me a phone that can load up xvideos fast enough? Because I'm too lazy to get out of bed to go get my laptop. You can? Great. Sold.

So why pay double for something slightly less uset friendly that shoves apple everything down your throat? Why pay double for Samsung nonsense?

I want to go on record as saying, I don't care what kind of phone everyone else uses.  I have been an Android user for a long time.  Why? Because Apple had an exclusive with AT&T and I was in a Verizon contract.  So many years ago, I waited for the first Android phone and have been really happy ever since.

I am glad that everyone is also happy with their iPhones.

But I am getting tired of people telling me to switch to an iPhone.  I always ask why.  They say, "because it is better".

LOL - okay got it.  Let me go right out and do that.  I am happy with my phone, if the iPhone crowd can leave me alone that would be great haha.  I just read the newest release info and there were announcements about things that I have been doing for years on my Droid.  Like texting from my desktop and battery apps.

Again to everyone on an iPhone, I am happy for you. But I am also happy for myself, not being on an iPhone.  The world is a big place, I think there is room for more than one phone O\S.   :)

Agree. 

It's like JI and TGG always begging me and JGBs to come back to them. We love JetNation and are comfy and cozy here :)

if you can sleep at night, things are usually going right. I am happy for Max and his Phone.

Here is my current phone:

phonebooth_4a.jpg

I have the opo it's really good. The touchscreen is the only downside and it's not even bad. It's just not great.

Some people were reporting lags and bugs with the OS. A yellow tint on the screen and crappy nonexistent customer service but that seems like the minority. I still might grab one and give my N5 to my GF.

So why pay double for something slightly less uset friendly that shoves apple everything down your throat? Why pay double for Samsung nonsense?

I can only speak for myself, but for me it's entrenchment. I started using Apple products when the iPhone first came out, there was nothing really like it at the time. Then I switched to a Mac for my computer, which I wound up liking because of the absence of nonsense that I didn't get with owning a PC. Everything just worked, which is really all I wanted. Then they streamlined all their stuff so everything worked in conjunction with each other, same software and hardware. Loved it then and I still like it. There are definitely trade offs, in particular with the limitations of AppleTV apps, which is bullsh*t, but it is what it is, end of the day my iTunes gets streamed into it, so it balances out.

To switch now? Why bother? These are devices I switch out once every 2-5 years. So sure it's a higher cost, but that cost gets spread out over time. Plus I rely heavily on these things, so it's most certainly worth the extra coin. Who cares if it costs me an extra $5 a month on average to have a Mac if I use it for 8 hours a day for 5 years and it does what I want? Not to mention that it would take me weeks to switch everything over to different platforms and devices. Blech. No thanks.

Fwiw, I hate the way they freeze out people with older devices with the new operating systems. I got forced into buying a 5S when I didn't want one, my 4 worked just fine, but like I said, it's a trade off.

Some people were reporting lags and bugs with the OS. A yellow tint on the screen and crappy nonexistent customer service but that seems like the minority. I still might grab one and give my N5 to my GF.

I'm good with all that I haven't seen anything like that at all. Honestly the touchscreen isn't amazing. That's the only thing I can say about it. It's not bad it's just not amazing.

Archived