More work for Babin this week?

AFJF

He did a solid job of pressuring the QB and had a sack  and at least one pressure in 13 plays.  I think pressure on every QB over the  next few weeks is going to be crucial.  More Babin than Pace if the Pack comes out chucking it?  Still no word on Barnes yet appaerntly either.

Good question, good idea.

The Jets were sending a lot of blitzes up the middle vs. the Raiders...I cant remember the play anymore but I think Rex sent Babin and someone else (Harris or Pace) on a blitz up the middle or a stunt that freed him up in the middle of the line which resulted in the sack.

The Packers have a questionable rookie starting at Center.  I think we'll see a lot of the LB'ers trying to get to QB right up the gut of that OL.

He did a solid job of pressuring the QB and had a sack  and at least one pressure in 13 plays.  I think pressure on every QB over the  next few weeks is going to be crucial.  More Babin than Pace if the Pack comes out chucking it?  Still no word on Barnes yet appaerntly either.

I've given up on Barnes. I'd rather have Babin out there anyway.

Good point.  I guess we will be seeing more of Babin.  That is why he is here.  Based on @JiFs snap count thread Babin played 25 % of the snaps last week.  Couples played less than Pace - 76% to 82%.  I would expect more monkeying around with Hakim who is probably fast enough to cover deep zone or get there super quick on delayed blitzes.  Either that or they used him to force the Packers to think about it during practice this week.  I predict 5 defensive snaps for Hakim. 

I hope we see lots of babin. He will have 10+ sacks this year.

The packers run pretty effective screens ... That scares me against our rush, but Allen and co. looked very good coming up and not missing tackles last week.

I'm very psyched for our D to get better each week this year. If they could only work with a healthy lead.

Can't wait til Sunday!!!!!.....make a statement JETS!!!!!

The problem with Babin is he can't stop the run. Rex should keep him fresh for obvious situations.

If Lacy wasn't playing I'd say heck yes play base nickel but he sounds like he's gonna play.

Babin is a vet, more reps probably isn't necessarily going to equal more production, over 16 games.

The problem with Babin is he can't stop the run. Rex should keep him fresh for obvious situations.

If Lacy wasn't playing I'd say heck yes play base nickel but he sounds like he's gonna play.

Babin is a vet, more reps probably isn't necessarily going to equal more production, over 16 games.

This is what makes you a football guru.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Rex decides to attack Rogers. I'm not convinced that he's gonna do all that much blitzing. Sure, the Packers' OL has some issues, but that could be reason enough to just rush four guys and expect them to disrupt him without the help of additional blitzers. And then have seven other guys back in coverage. He's got Milliner and Lankster back this week, and some of his best work against Tom Brady has been when he's played coverage over blitzing.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Rex decides to attack Rogers. I'm not convinced that he's gonna do all that much blitzing. Sure, the Packers' OL has some issues, but that could be reason enough to just rush four guys and expect them to disrupt him without the help of additional blitzers. And then have seven other guys back in coverage. He's got Milliner and Lankster back this week, and some of his best work against Tom Brady has been when he's played coverage over blitzing.

Yeah, the injuries and blocking issues are on the OL itself, not necessarily the TE/RB/FB assigned to picking up the blitz.

Except for the other RB they drafted last year & benched half the year (Franklin) because he kept missing his blocking assignments. 

Good point... Pressure from mo, Sheldon et al is imperative.

Today is gonna be a loooong day waiting for tomorrow... I'm really really pumped..so jealous of JN members going to the game, but 60" of HD and slow cooker chili will ease that pain.

GO JETS!!!!!

Archived