The Patriots are going to win the Superbowl!!!!

PFSIKH

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think the immediate future of the Pats is gonna be like? Brady said he'd quit when he sucked, do you see him admitting as much anytime soon? Think Belichick will really bench (or, next year, cut) him if he doesn't? Think Beli sticks once Brady hangs it up, or does he call it quits, too?

Honestly curious what your take is.

I'll play, the Pats will turn it around to win 10 or 11 games while easily wining the AFC East by a 2-3 game margin. As for the rest, no way B.B. hangs it up after Brady, if that was his thinking he never would have drafted a QB in the second round last year.

I'll play, the Pats will turn it around to win 10 or 11 games while easily wining the AFC East by a 2-3 game margin. As for the rest, no way B.B. hangs it up after Brady, if that was his thinking he never would have drafted a QB in the second round last year.

If I valued your opinion, I would've asked you.

I'd be interested in what PFSIKH or Gainzo had to say, though.

What do you think the immediate future of the Pats is gonna be like? Brady said he'd quit when he sucked, do you see him admitting as much anytime soon? Think Belichick will really bench (or, next year, cut) him if he doesn't? Think Beli sticks once Brady hangs it up, or does he call it quits, too?

Great question, and here's my take:

You really can't give up on a HOF QB after 4 games, even though Brady's performance has been very poor.

In my eyes, Sunday's game against a very good Bengals team is huge for Brady. If he can't move the offense and score points, the Pats are looking at another result like Monday night.

I also feel that however poorly Brady plays into the season, BB will never make a QB change just out of respect. The only reason the Pats make a change this year is if Brady gets injured.

I also feel very strongly that BB will continue to coach when Brady hangs them up. This goes more toward BB's ego and arrogance where the only thing left for him to prove is he can still win consistently without Brady.

Great question, and here's my take:

You really can't give up on a HOF QB after 4 games, even though Brady's performance has been very poor.

In my eyes, Sunday's game against a very good Bengals team is huge for Brady. If he can't move the offense and score points, the Pats are looking at another result like Monday night.

I also feel that however poorly Brady plays into the season, BB will never make a QB change just out of respect. The only reason the Pats make a change this year is if Brady gets injured.

I also feel very strongly that BB will continue to coach when Brady hangs them up. This goes more toward BB's ego and arrogance where the only thing left for him to prove is he can still win consistently without Brady.

Good thoughts.

I've always thought Beli would hang 'em up, largely because he's gonna be 63 next April, and any years without a top performing Brady might do more to tarnish his record than improve upon it. But the ego works in it's own way, and I certainly agree that Bill has a strong one.

Brady is supposed to be an elite QB, and elite QBs are supposed to elevate the level of play of those around him, but the players around him this year are crap. He's probably past his prime, but he's also in a bad spot this season.

Good thoughts.

I've always thought Beli would hang 'em up, largely because he's gonna be 63 next April, and any years without a top performing Brady might do more to tarnish his record than improve upon it. But the ego works in it's own way, and I certainly agree that Bill has a strong one.

Brady is supposed to be an elite QB, and elite QBs are supposed to elevate the level of play of those around him, but the players around him this year are crap. He's probably past his prime, but he's also in a bad spot this season.

Couldn't agree more.

You're a great poster Slats.

We just got off on the wrong foot.

I value your opinion.

Immediate future will be determined this weekend.

If they come to play versus Cincy, not a win mind you, but at least hang with them like they did last year (13-6) loss.   I think they could win a very flawed division and do absolutely nothing in the playoffs.

If they $hit all over themselves like this past Monday, they could literally lose out.  There is no one on their schedule that you can say is a sure fire win and most of them have a guy (or two) that can give that OL problems.  The ones that do not, GB & Indy, have great QBs that will cause problems.  It will be a struggle.

As far as 2015 and beyond, if the testiness of Brady is a little more deeper rooted, yeah I could see Belichick trading him sooner rather than later.  Economically, it does not make sense until after 2015 due to cap hit.  However, cutting Revis' saves them 20 million and makes absorbing Brady's 5 million cap hit a little easier.  Trading Brady & Solder and cutting ties with Amendola, Browner and Revis will save the Patriots about 30 million. 

I think Belichick might want to try having success outside of the Brady years.  30 million in cap space.  A haul of draft picks and/or players for Solder and Brady.  Jimmy G could have a nice foundation to grow into.

Good thoughts.

I thought I remembered BB saying on his Football Life episode that he doesnt plan on coaching into his 70's like Marv Leavy.  And he was very adamant about it.  

The end is near for him and, my will it be a glorious day.

I thought I remembered BB saying on his Football Life episode that he doesnt plan on coaching into his 70's like Marv Leavy.  And he was very adamant about it.  

The end is near for him and, my will it be a glorious day.

I saw that to.  However, I will believe it when I see it.  The 50,000 foot looks like he is engrossed with it.  I do not see him being like Jimmy Johnson and going away and staying away.

Archived