Rex Ryan fires back at Herman Edwards.

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Rex's undoing came from his own actions first. 

The NY media has been relatively soft on him, and actually been harder on Idzik. That happens when you are a good quote (and not one, such as Idzik).

Joe Walton (deservedly) got much worse than Rex has gotten.

Pretty sure I said Rex didnt do himself any favors.

They're being relatively soft because he's proven he can win and the truth behind the Jets is that they're one of least talented teams (if not the least) in the NFL, with the worst QB for 6 years straight.  And typically, you attribute that to the GM.  Then when you look at the GM's body of work, (albeit a small sample size) and notice that its been nothing short of pathetic, its kind of natural to point at the guy calling the shots.  Especially when that person has done nothing to prove worthy of his position as opposed to the guy who has at least has shown that he can be success with this team and in the league. 

But this is just the beginning. Rex will be smeared on his way out in typical NY Media/Jets fashion.  The fun has just begun.  The juicy stuff will start when they have 1 win at the bye.  The buzzards are swarming, pretty soon they'll be picking away at his dead carcass. 

Didn't know you were a closeted Herm fan. I am sure you will root for Herm to take over the Pats when Beli retires.

I was never a huge Herm fan (country club atmosphere, worst clock management ever, mediocre in-game adjustments), but he was a much better HC than the train wreck the Jets have now.

Don't you mean your two AFCCG losses???

You need to make the appearance in order to lose, no?

Are all Pats fans this stupid?

aka "the golden years." man i miss those days

Me too.

2010 was by far my favorite season in my 35 years of rooting for this team.  Between Hard Knocks and the performance, beating Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs and being so damn close to the SB...****!  That sh*t was awesome.  Most exciting year by far as fan for me.  98 was great...but 2010 was just special. 

so? you have to win that game to win a Super Bowl. Herm didn't even get that far.

Comparing Rex Ryan and Herm Edwards is akin to comparing Matt Robinson and Richard Todd as QB's.

There are meh at best, although they had brief shots at going for the brass ring.

All considered though, not in the pantheons of excellence

Pretty sure I said Rex didnt do himself any favors.

They're being relatively soft because he's proven he can win and the truth behind the Jets is that they're one of least talented teams (if not the least) in the NFL, with the worst QB for 6 years straight.  And typically, you attribute that to the GM.  Then when you look at the GM's body of work, (albeit a small sample size) and notice that its been nothing short of pathetic, its kind of natural to point at the guy calling the shots.  Especially when that person has done nothing to prove worthy of his position as opposed to the guy who has at least has shown that he can be success with this team and in the league. 

But this is just the beginning. Rex will be smeared on his way out in typical NY Media/Jets fashion.  The fun has just begun.  The juicy stuff will start when they have 1 win at the bye.  The buzzards are swarming, pretty soon they'll be picking away at his dead carcass. 

Odd though, but sop many fans, who had the knowledge of the roster, knew what the players were, predicted success for this team this year. They were on board with the roster moves.

There is no doubt, this team is UNDER achieving so far. The talent is BETTER than last year. For that, Rex is culpable.

Me too.

2010 was by far my favorite season in my 35 years of rooting for this team.  Between Hard Knocks and the performance, beating Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs and being so damn close to the SB...****!  That sh*t was awesome.  Most exciting year by far as fan for me.  98 was great...but 2010 was just special. 

yeah those are the 3 best years. 98 was more special for me because i was young and naive and thought destiny had chosen us to win and there was no way we could lose. knew it would be tough to beat indy and pitt, but agree those were magical years.

lol brainic kay gee neg repped me for saying those were golden years that i miss.

I was never a huge Herm fan (country club atmosphere, worst clock management ever, mediocre in-game adjustments), but he was a much better HC than the train wreck the Jets have now.

Herm had many, many, many shortcomings, but those teams were disciplined.

Always among league leaders in fewest penalties and did not turn the ball over.

That is as much as I will give him. But he has that over Rex.

Odd though, but sop many fans, who had the knowledge of the roster, knew what the players were, predicted success for this team this year. They were on board with the roster moves.

There is no doubt, this team is UNDER achieving so far. The talent is BETTER than last year. For that, Rex is culpable.

Most fans who arent miserable pricks like 90% of this board, get excited and are optimistic about the season when its August.  Comparing rosters, loving draft picks, FA's, etc.  Its pretty common and understandable...we're fans.

But this is the exact same team as last year.  Identical.  The only difference is, they have Decker who cant stay healthy and a worse secondary.

So tell me how the talent is BETTER than last year.  lol

You do realize that the Jets are the Buffalo Bills of AFCCG's?

0-4

You just might want to have a few of them at home to increase your odds of winning.

you're missing the point. I'd rather be the AFCCG than not. it's not that complicated.

yeah those are the 3 best years. 98 was more special for me because i was young and naive and thought destiny had chosen us to win and there was no way we could lose. knew it would be tough to beat indy and pitt, but agree those were magical years.

lol brainic kay gee neg repped me for saying those were golden years that i miss.

98 was great...dont get me wrong.  I remember me and my brothers feeling like we were a team of destiny that year too. 

I think for me though, I was 18, the NFL ticket wasnt prevalent, I lived in Florida, didnt get to see all the games.  Its not like I was going to the bar drinking and celebrating the wins, etc.  So I wasnt able to follow the team the way you can nowadways.  And plus, the 98 team has such a short window.  Vinny was old, Parcells was destined to leave.  Just knew it was now or never with that team.  And then 99.  haha

But having the behind the scenes build up for the season with Hard Knocks...I just felt like a strange deep connection to that 2010 team...and then there were so many exciting games, last minute victories, Sanchez looked like he actually might have a future.  Rex looked like the best coach in the game.  The future was so damn bright.  lol

98 was great...dont get me wrong.  I remember me and my brothers feeling like we were a team of destiny that year too. 

I think for me though, I was 18, the NFL ticket wasnt prevalent, I lived in Florida, didnt get to see all the games.  Its not like I was going to the bar drinking and celebrating the wins, etc.  So I wasnt able to follow the team the way you can nowadways.  And plus, the 98 team has such a short window.  Vinny was old, Parcells was destined to leave.  Just knew it was now or never with that team.  And then 99.  haha

But having the behind the scenes build up for the season with Hard Knocks...I just felt like a strange deep connection to that 2010 team...and then there were so many exciting games, last minute victories, Sanchez looked like he actually might have a future.  Rex looked like the best coach in the game.  The future was so damn bright.  lol

I hear ya man. I was 19 and i was at bars drinking and did see every game with my old man haha

Herm had many, many, many shortcomings, but those teams were disciplined.

Always among league leaders in fewest penalties and did not turn the ball over.

That is as much as I will give him. But he has that over Rex.

Haha.  That was a vet team with Mr. Dink and Dunk at QB and Curtis Martin.  Do you think the QBs might have a slight bit to do with the turnovers?  Rex took over a vet team and they were fine with penalties.  Even last year with a young team they were mid-pack. I'm not sure where they sit now, but it is certainly frustrating.  

James Reed and Vilma assaulting each other on the sideline is a disciplined team?  Rex lets them talk to the press.  That is the big difference in your perceived discipline.  

And Rex has done exactly what from a coaching perspective?

Serious question, love to hear your response.

Rex has earned his stripes as a top notch Defensive coach in the NFL.

Herm never earned a single stripe for anything as it relates to coaching Football.

Rex took over sh*t and made them great.

Herm took over great and made them sh*t.

Rex is a good coach in a bad place.  Nobody is winning with this sh*t hole team.  He'll go somewhere else and be a successful coach, unlike Herman Edwards.

Damn, you were much better 5 years ago before I got banned.

BTW, Marone beat the Bears and Lions on the road, something Rex couldn't do at home.

Sorry to let you down. I'm still the same guy.  I promise!

Marone has a better team.  Herm had a better team.  This isnt rocket science.

Hence my stupid response to a stupid post. 

The joke is comparing Rex to Herm.

Herm sucked.  At everything.  There was not one thing he did well from a coaching perspective. 

Rex's 5 years (not counting this year -Jets-44 in turnover edge

Herm's 5 years-Jets +30 in turnovers.

I hate giving credit to Herm like this, but he did preach discipline.

MINUS 44. Holy sh*t. Even Parcells with freaking Ray Lucas was able to control the idiocy.

Not Rex.

1). Rex has earned his stripes as a top notch Defensive coach in the NFL.

2). Herm never earned a single stripe for anything as it relates to coaching Football.

3). Rex took over sh*t and made them great.

4). Herm took over great and made them sh*t.

5). Rex is a good coach in a bad place.

1). Rex's defenses have gone totally downhill since the day he got to the Jets. Keep thinking a good defense gives up the fewest yards. How many turnovers has that vaunted, elite defense created in the last 2 years?

2). Won the last division title that the Jets have ever won and embarrassed the Pats on National TV to do so. How has Rex performed on National TV?

3). Rex's success was Mangini's team, and also the Colts and Bengals sitting all their starters. Biggest back-in-to -the -playoffs in NFL history.

4). He developed Pennington into a very good NFL QB. What has Rex done with Sanchez and Geno?

5). Why do you think the Ravens and Ozzie passed on him? He does not have the skills to be a NFL HC.

Rex's 5 years (not counting this year -Jets-44 in turnover edge

Herm's 5 years-Jets +30 in turnovers.

I hate giving credit to Herm like this, but he did preach discipline.

Herm had check down Charlie, most accurate pass in NFL history.

Rex Ryan has Geno Smith and had Mark Sanchez.

Their teams, arent comparable, so neither are any of the stats you want to display.

Parts of one year-You del that is comparable?

Yes because that's who stupid your comparisons have been.  No offense. 

Herm had check down Charlie, most accurate pass in NFL history.

Rex Ryan has Geno Smith and had Mark Sanchez.

Their teams, arent comparable, so neither are any of the stats you want to display.

Yes because that's who stupid your comparisons have been.  No offense. 

YTour blind faith knows no bounds. Good for you. You will be a good marriage for someone some day. Look past all foibles

Archived