If I were an actuary and retained by the Jets to fix this mess ...

NJ

My obvious first move is to get Terry Bradway as far away from this team as is possible. 

He's the only common denominator to the wonderful assortment teams put on the field for almost all of the New Millennium. 

Granted, in his tenure, we've come within a game of the SB twice and had other WC appearances.

But wouldn't you just say "why not try this - couldn't hurt"

I'm not thinking we should need to an actuary to figure that out. 

My obvious first move is to get Terry Bradway as far away from this team as is possible. 

He's the only common denominator to the wonderful assortment teams put on the field for almost all of the New Millennium. 

Granted, in his tenure, we've come within a game of the SB twice and had other WC appearances.

he pounded the table for russ wilson. POUNDED.

if you were hired as an actuary it would be way too late, team died no need for update to mortality tables lol

Bradway actually did not mind getting fired as GM.  I remember him talking about how his new job would involve so much less commuting.  Admirable ambition from a high ranking NFL executive, no?

Yeah - admirable as hell - and he's probably a great guy. He'd have to be to have survived almost a decade and a half here  - or have bestiality pictures with Woody in them.

But also in those years he's had his hooks through referral or decision in many abominable draft picks.

Despite POUNDING for Russel W. - he's at least partially involved in the schwanzing of many drafts.

When coupled with poor decisions in FA's it's easy to see how we field teams like what's currently on our roster.  

Yeah - admirable as hell - and he's probably a great guy. He'd have to be to have survived almost a decade and a half here  - or have bestiality pictures with Woody in them.

But also in those years he's had his hooks through referral or decision in many abominable draft picks.

Despite POUNDING for Russel W. - he's at least partially involved in the schwanzing of many drafts.

When coupled with poor decisions in FA's it's easy to see how we field teams like what's currently on our roster.  

So we keep this guy around for years as a consultant and ignore his strong suggestions that we draft certain guys?  No one talks about the ones they did listen to him on.  What self respecting NFL guy takes a demotion from top spot?

I think this team has had enough input from actuaries over the last 15 years to last it into the next millennium, but thanks anyway for the offer.

The case against Terry Broadway as presented almost 10 years ago!: http://www.nj.com/jets/stories/Sparago.pdf

Amazing how the case made here, in 2005, contains a lot of the problems we still deal with today when it comes to drafting.  Not enough emphasis on the offensive line.  Too much emphasis on the secondary.  Inability to properly evaluate talent in the middle rounds. 

Common denominator?  Woody and Bradway.  We can at least jettison one of those....

Amazing how the case made here, in 2005, contains a lot of the problems we still deal with today when it comes to drafting.  Not enough emphasis on the offensive line.  Too much emphasis on the secondary.  Inability to properly evaluate talent in the middle rounds. 

Common denominator?  Woody and Bradway.  We can at least jettison one of those....

Somebody needs to hunt down this author to do an update...

Archived