Internal Candidates

drsamuel84

I know it's a tough sell when a team is coming off a disastrous 4-12 season but any chance of either Rod Graves or Anthony Lynn to get the job?  Graves was considered a great hire when we brought him in under Idzik and I assume was probably handcuffed by some of the rumors coming out about how Idzik was running the org.  On the other side Lynn is considered a highly regarded up and coming coach in the league who let's be honest, hasn't had top talent at the RB position.  As I said, I realize it's a tough sell after last season but the more I read about these guys the more I think they should at least be given some real consideration.

I know it's a tough sell when a team is coming off a disastrous 4-12 season but any chance of either Rod Graves or Anthony Lynn to get the job? Graves was considered a great hire when we brought him in under Idzik and I assume was probably handcuffed by some of the rumors coming out about how Idzik was running the org. On the other side Lynn is considered a highly regarded up and coming coach in the league who let's be honest, hasn't had top talent at the RB position. As I said, I realize it's a tough sell after last season but the more I read about these guys the more I think they should at least be given some real consideration.

A waste is a terrible thing to mind.

Anthony Lynn was a Rooney Rule interview.  Nothing more.

Not to be too cynical, but so was Graves, IMHO. A lot of teams circumvent the spirit of the rule by interviewing internal candidates that they have no real interest in.

Not to be too cynical, but so was Graves, IMHO. A lot of teams circumvent the spirit of the rule by interviewing internal candidates that they have no real interest in.

Yes, agreed.  IMHO the spirit of the rule is a good one but in practice I can't imagine how it's helping anyone - other than wasting people like Lynn and Graves's time.

I've actually heard good things about Lynn recently and I liked the little we saw of him on Hard Knocks years ago, but I assume his interview was just the Jets covering the Rooney Rule before they interviewed the candidates they were truly interested in.

Gives Lynn expirience when it comes to HC interviews at least.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived