Jets' Chris Johnson lied to police officer before being arrested

CobraVerde

in case u missed it..

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-12/chris-johnson-arrested-guns-new-york-jets-running-back-charges-trouble-contract-stats-highlights-career

Not only did Jets running back Chris Johnson get arrested Friday for openly carrying a firearm, he lied to police before being booked.

After Johnson was pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign in Orlando, the officer saw a handgun on the floor next to a backpack with "$100 bills on the outside for design," according to the police report obtained by the New York Post.

According to the report, the officer asked Johnson if he had any other weapons in the car.

"No, that is the only one," Johnson replied.

But after the officer asked Johnson and his passenger to exit the vehicle and gave the running back one more chance to tell him anything, Johnson said, "Yeah, there is actually a second gun in the bag on the floor."

Johnson was booked into Orange County Jail and later released on a $250 bond. 

Johnson signed a two-year, $4 million deal with the Jets in April, but after rushing for just 663 yards and one touchdown in 2014, it’s unlikely the team will bring him back. This incident surely won’t help his case.

Agreed

Not a big deal in FLA. NY or NJ? Huge problem.

Im a NJ native a current Brooklynite. That said, the northeast is probably the most hostile to freedom in the entire US. It's actually kind of sickening when you go out west or down south and see how they pretty much let most people be day in and day out. I also work in the bar/restaurant industry so that doesn't help. We get screwed big time by Big Brother. 

Im a NJ native a current Brooklynite. That said, the northeast is probably the most hostile to freedom in the entire US. It's actually kind of sickening when you go out west or down south and see how they pretty much let most people be day in and day out. I also work in the bar/restaurant industry so that doesn't help. We get screwed big time by Big Brother. 

Yep

I don't live in NE anymore and would never go back.

Yep

I don't live in NE anymore and would never go back.

I lived in Florida from 03-06, hated it. 

Still, ATL is most likely my next destination. I've been managing bars and restaurants in NYC for the past 8 years, I'll find work pretty easy I think. For whatever reason that "NYC Restaurant" thing on a resume goes a long way in the rest of the US. 

Where did it say automatic or assault weapon?

The story is bad enough, no need to make things up.

FN57 is a semi automatic , it' can blow through bullet proof vests unfortunately ....maybe I exagerated.....slightly.

I lived in Florida from 03-06, hated it. 

Probably because of the NYers that moved there. :winking0001:

I used to live there.

Lots of transplants there from all over the country. Some of the locals are still fighting the civil war. Youll be a hot commodity because North Easterners get things done.

Where did it say automatic or assault weapon?

The story is bad enough, no need to make things up.

It sounds bad but really not.

Johnson lied to Police and had a concealed weapon in the backpack. Any good Lawyer will get him with a fine and probation. In Missouri you can have a handgun in your car so long as its out in the open.

Handguns – must be either "securely encased" or not immediately available for use.[16] "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.[17] Carry of a Handgun on one's person inside a vehicle without a license is not permitted (except in the case of open carry in accordance with the law outlined above). Once a handgun is securely encased, it can be stored anywhere inside the vehicle and is not limited to just the glove compartment/center console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Florida

A guy driving around with automatic assault weapons on his passenger seat lied to the cops ?...no chance.

FN57 is a semi automatic , it' can blow through bullet proof vests unfortunately ....maybe I exagerated.....slightly.

Automatic and semi automatic are not the same thing.  At all.

The definition of "assault weapon" is as fluid as the definition of "boogeyman," sometimes depending on the state or county in which one is currently present, and usually depending on who is telling the story that includes the term.

It's a real nice weapon with a low kick back.  Very accurate.   As Mick said it's  just a lil  bigger then a 22.  224 I think.

In 46 states where open display of a fire arm is legal, no problem.   I'm surprised the cop even arrested him.  Probably a Fish fan

Archived