2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

Carlos Beltran is 10-for-32 (.313) with four doubles, the homer, two walks, and two strike outs in May.

Boy do the Yankees need him to continue to do this. Words can't describe what his bat means to the Yankees lineup if they can get him going.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right-hander and top pitching prospect Luis Severino was forced to exit Sunday afternoon’s start with Double-A Trenton after only two innings due to a blister, Brian Cashman confirmed to Dan Martin. There’s no word on whether he will make his next start. We’ll find out soon enough.

Tonight

LHP CC Sabathia (0-5, 5.45)

vs.

RHP Alex Colome (2-0, 1.80)

7:10 p.m., YES Network

Tuesday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (3-0, 3.97)

vs.

RHP Chris Archer (3-4, 2.59)

Wednesday

RHP Adam Warren (2-1, 4.65)

vs.

RHP Nathan Karns (2-1, 3.79)

Thursday

RHP Chase Whitley (1-1, 3.06)

vs.

TBA

7:10 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

Michael Pineda was named American League Player of the Week after going 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA in two starts against the Blue Jays and Orioles. His 16 strikeouts last night were the highest single-game total in the Majors since Detroit’s Anibal Sanchez had 17 on April 26, 2013 against Atlanta.

“I’m encouraged,” Joe Girardi said. “They said that playing catch has looked really good, and I know it’s playing catch, but when you get 120 feet away, you have to air it out, and you have to use your arm strength. And that has been good so far, so I’m excited about his bullpen tomorrow.”

I remember being uneasy about the trade because of how hyped Montero was, but anytime that you can get a top of the rotation guy, you do it.  Prospects are so hard to judge, I remember when Austin Jackson and Jose Tabata were supposed to be the future. 

I didn't like moving MOntero, but obviously the trade has worked out as Montero has done nothing.

Never liked Jackson, too many strikeouts with too little power.

“Didn’t feel anything,” Tanaka said. “But just want to see how I feel tomorrow and make sure I’m OK. … I don’t feel I need to go back to what I’ve been doing in spring training. When I was on the mound, I felt good on there so I shouldn’t be too far from me coming back.”

This morning, Joe Girardi went to the minor league complex to watch Ivan Nova pitch three innings of an extended spring training game. This afternoon, Masahiro Tanaka threw a 30-pitch bullpen at Tropicana Field. Tonight, Chris Capuano is scheduled for 85-90 pitches in what could be his final rehab start with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

LHP Chris Capuano: 6 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 7/3 GB/FB — 55 of 76 pitches were strikes (72%) and he picked a runner off first … he was scheduled for six innings or 90 pitches in what was probably his final rehab start.

Archived