2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Warren turned in his third consecutive strong start, allowing just two hits and no walks over 6 1/3 innings while striking out five. With Masahiro Tanaka getting closer to a return from his forearm strain, Warren has been making his case to remain in the rotation.

Bring out the brooms, yanks sweep KC. Another Tampa Bay loss as well.

I love baseball.

Lose 10 of 11?  Playing one of the top teams?  Why not sweep 'em?

Betances, 6 strikeouts in his last 2 innings.  ERA still 0.00

I love baseball.

Lose 10 of 11? Playing one of the top teams? Why not sweep 'em?

Betances, 6 strikeouts in his last 2 innings. ERA still 0.00

Fun series. Off topic but baseball related , how bout those Twins?? Almost everyone picked them to have the worst record in baseball, they're in first place in the AL Central and beat the BoSox again today!

Fun series. Off topic but baseball related , how bout those Twins?? Almost everyone picked them to have the worst record in baseball, they're in first place in the AL Central and beat the BoSox again today!

Every year, someone who should be crap gets good.  Someone who should be good goes to crap.  It's what makes sports fun, the whole "why not us?".

The Yankees have demoted 2B Gosuke Katoh from Low-A Charleston to Extended Spring Training, according to the league transactions log. Katoh had a huge pro debut in the rookie Gulf Coast League after being the team’s second round pick in 2013, but he hit .222/.345/.326 (96 wRC+) with a 30.5 K% with the River Dogs last year and dropped down to .161/.264/.202 (44 wRC+) with a 33.6 K% this year.

RHP Masahiro Tanaka: 3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 3/1 GB/FB — 44 of 62 pitches were strikes (71%) … apparently he had some sort of issue with the mound, but whatever … the most important thing is that he was able to up his pitch count (he was scheduled for 65 pitches) and felt fine … I have to think Tanaka will make another rehab start after this, maybe two to get all the way stretched out.

Tonight

LHP CC Sabathia (2-6, 5.47)

vs.

RHP Kendall Graveman (2-2, 6.04)

10:05 p.m., YES Network

Friday

LHP Chris Capuano (0-2, 7.36)

vs.

RHP Sonny Gray (5-2, 1.77)

10:05 p.m., YES Network

Saturday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (4-1, 4.27)

vs.

RHP Jesse Hahn (2-4, 3.69)

10:05 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

Sunday

RHP Adam Warren (3-3, 3.91)

vs.

RHP Jesse Chavez (1-5, 2.44)

4:05 p.m., YES Network

When Tanaka comes back I'd slide Capuano into the bullpen and release Esmil Rogers. Then the rotation would look like Tanaka, Pineda, Sabathia, Eovaldi, Warren. 

Not sure how many lefties the Yankees can carry in the pen though. Warrens really pitching well lately I'd like to see if he can keep this up. 

• Girardi was very clear that the Yankees will not go to a six-man rotation when Tanaka comes off the disabled list. Stands to reason that either Adam Warren or Chris Capuano will come out of the rotation to make room for him. Capuano is pitching tomorrow; Warren on Sunday.

Just as the Yankees have started getting big league returns on Slade Heathcottand Jacob Lindgren, it looks like it's only a matter of time before they see Luis Severino as well. More or less considered the organization's top prospect heading into the season, Severino has made short work of his Double-A competition this year and has been promoted to Triple-A Scranton.

Archived