2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how Bud Selig and the media have made Arod a sympathetic figure to the point we're cheering for him.

If Alex was hitting .180 with 1 home run and 8 RBI's you think Yankee fans would cheer him or feel bad for him? Of course not he would be booed after every out.

If people see Alex as some kind of sympathetic figure that says a lot more about them than it does about Yankee front office or MLB.

After throwing 50 pitches from 60 feet on Thursday, Tanaka threw 25 from 60 feet and another 25 from 90 on Friday. He spoke to the media after and said he’s “definitely going in the right direction,” and he seemed fairly unconcerned about any long-term effects from this forearm strain. He also reiterated that he doesn’t think that this relatively minor injury has anything to do with the elbow that caused problems for him last season.

Not flashy, but Gardner and Ellsbury really make this offense work, grade table-setters for the rest of the guys. I agree with Paulie O'Niel, that if you go down the numbers, besides Tex's slugging percentage, nothing really jumps out at you, but watching you just see how important slappy and ellsbury are. Just some very good baseball the last month or so.

Pineda is now 5-0 with a 2.72 ERA with 54 strike outs and only 3 walks. I'll repeat what I've said previously, when healthy he's as good as any pitcher in NY or MLB. 

Tied with David Cone for most strikeouts in a single game by a right-hander in Yankee history. This was the first time a pitcher has thrown 15+ strikeouts without a walk since Santana back in 2007. The kid's stuff is filthy, but when he has this type of command, I completely agree, he's as good as anyone in the American League. 

Big Mike with the best game that I've seen him pitch as a Yankee; his stuff is so filthy and his command was so incredible today that it wasn't even fair for Baltimore. Hell of a game. Lets hope the Rangers can follow suit tonight.

I was always surprised the Mariners dumped him for basically nothing. He has a great arm and as long as he can stay healthy, he's a top of the rotation guy.

I was always surprised the Mariners dumped him for basically nothing. He has a great arm and as long as he can stay healthy, he's a top of the rotation guy.

I remember being uneasy about the trade because of how hyped Montero was, but anytime that you can get a top of the rotation guy, you do it.  Prospects are so hard to judge, I remember when Austin Jackson and Jose Tabata were supposed to be the future. 

Archived