Jets Report To OTA's

KRL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Brandon Marshall. Dude got here and really supported Geno. He got together with him during the offseason and then walks into OTA's with him. I can't wait for the preseason. 

I completely agree. I'm struggling with my hope of Geno being the guy, but it sure won't happen without the support of his WR's. I love that BM just got here and latched on to him. 

I completely agree. I'm struggling with my hope of Geno being the guy, but it sure won't happen without the support of his WR's. I love that BM just got here and latched on to him. 

I want the best for the team, which will supersede my specific wants. If Geno becomes the guy then my ultimate want will be answered. I think BM and Deck will be great for whomever the QB is. Cant wait to see what Chan does with Amaro. 

I want the best for the team, which will supersede my specific wants. If Geno becomes the guy then my ultimate want will be answered. I think BM and Deck will be great for whomever the QB is. Cant wait to see what Chan does with Amaro. 

That truly is the best case scenario If Geno can become the "guy" and then we won't have to waste a high draft pick on another quarterback....  If Oboushi continues to get better, Milliner comes back from his injury and stay healthy, Idziks first draft may not be so bad after all.  Of course those are all big "ifs" lol. 

I like Brandon Marshall. Dude got here and really supported Geno. He got together with him during the offseason and then walks into OTA's with him. I can't wait for the preseason. 

I was not the biggest fan of this trade when it happened.

But have to say so far his actions have been very impressive. He does seem to want to help his QB out.

You and I are identical in that thought process. I could seriously care less who it ends up being but it would sure be nice to have "the guy" for a little while at least. If it ends up being Geno the plus is he's still very young and may be here for some years.  Either way it's going to be a much clearer picture with having the likes of BM, Decker, Kerley, Amaro and a solid running game. If we can't be successful with that group then it's time to look for a new guy of sure. 

Damn how old is MacDougle; 15?  This dude must get carded constantly, lol. 

temp20150406-IMG_3040--nfl_mezz_1280_102

I met McDougle last year.

The kid is not big, but he has the attitude & confidence you want in your CB. Not the biggest frame, but neither were Ray Mickens nor Aaron Glenn. I actually think he will be a pleasant surprise if ever healthy and gets in the field.

I met McDougle last year.

The kid is not big, but he has the attitude & confidence you want in your CB. Not the biggest frame, but neither were Ray Mickens nor Aaron Glenn. I actually think he will be a pleasant surprise if ever healthy and gets in the field.

I am not doubting his ability. I thought he was nice pick up last year and was very disappointed when he got hurt. I think he will really excel under Bowles and playing with the likes of Revis and Cro.  My thing is he may have a hard time getting into the locker room because he looks like he just reached puberty, lol. 

I was not the biggest fan of this trade when it happened.

But have to say so far his actions have been very impressive. He does seem to want to help his QB out.

Still don't understand what wasn't to like about the trade... but glad to see you on board. 

Trevor Reilly looks like a Brooklyn Hipster. I wouldn't surprised if he lives in Williamsburg, lol.

Met him as well @ same function last year.

He's a 26 yo Mormon with a daughter fighting cancer.

He was ranked as 2nd-3rd rounder OLB from Utah, I thought he was a steal in the 7th round. Needs to add more weight but I think he'll develop nicely.

Still don't understand what wasn't to like about the trade... but glad to see you on board.

Really? Aside from on field production,

Everything about Marshall in his past stops indicates a locker room cancer & constant legal problems. Tack on $7M salary and you see why some would be skeptical, and rightly so..

Met him as well @ same function last year.

He's a 26 yo Mormon with a daughter fighting cancer.

He was ranked as 2nd-3rd rounder OLB from Utah, I thought he was a steal in the 7th round. Needs to add more weight but I think he'll develop nicely.

yeah I remember reading about his situation. That is really tough and hope she has full recovery.  He looked good last year in limited action and I think is one of those under the radar players, along with IK, who could have a nice impact this year. 

Everything about Marshall in his past stops indicates a locker room cancer & constant legal problems. Tack on $7M salary and you see why some would be skeptical, and rightly so..

He was fine in Chicago aside from a radio interview that was taken completely out of context.

And then there's this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414089/article/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-play-unacceptable

Jets need more of that since DeMario Davis was the only one I can remember last year actually getting pissed about losing.

No that was you jumping to conclusions.   If you had taken the time to read about his illness and how he has transformed his life over the last few years, you would have come to a different conclusion.   If you get the chance watch A Football Life - Brandon Marshall; it is on Youtube.  It is not some sugar coated pro marshall piece.  It tells his story the good, bad, ugly and how he took responsibility for his behavior and turned his life around.  How he came to accept his illness and used it to inspire others and bring attention to mental illness in general.   

The one thing not to like was that it was a trade to being with. I would have loved if the JETS pursued him after he was cut.

But as i said once he got here it's been so far so good.

If he was cut there would have been a bidding war for him.

The one thing not to like was that it was a trade to being with. I would have loved if the JETS pursued him after he was cut.

But as i said once he got here it's been  so far so good.

Why wait until he's cut? Any new deal would probably INCLUDE more guaranteed new money. That's the genius of the trade. We got a top WR for below 2015 FA market prices and NO GUARANTEED money AFTER THIS YEAR.

That's why it's one of the more lauded moves this offseason.

But as i said once he got here it's been  so far so good.

For a 5th rounder?  That was a no brainer. Why wait to see if he is cut and if signs with us when you can just go and get him. I like the decisiveness of the FO.  Waiting for him to get cut and hoping he signs would have been an Idzik move. 

Why wait until he's cut? Any new deal would probably INCLUDE more guaranteed new money. That's the genius of the trade. We got a top WR for below 2015 FA market prices and NO GUARANTEED money AFTER THIS YEAR.

That's why it's one of the more lauded moves this offseason.

Because the poster is still in Idzik mode.  That is the timid wait and see approach that failed miserably last year. 

You are right on all accounts.  That to me was the top move of our off-season so far.  Bringing back Revis was all about the benjamins but getting Marshall for a 5th rounder was genius for this team truly in need of a veteran # 1 receiver.  

I really enjoyed seeing the photos. It's funny how many look like average joes especially since it was early morning. Still I get the feeling that there is real talent here. I'd be excited with a Cooper pick but it may be that from a management perspective we have invested enough for now in the WR position and we are not going to spend a high pick there. I really think we might have something in Enunwa and possible in Evans. Our starter spots might be locked up but I'm still looking for KRL to report that these guys flashed more frequently than you might expect.

If he was cut there would have been a bidding war for him.

We do not know that. Most likely we still get him. It's not like teams were rushing to trade for him. The fact we got a 7th round pick back for him shows we were most likely the only option Bears had.

Now it was a veteran FA market with many choices in there. So for whatever reason we did not get him so be it. Go with the best available option. Don't lose the 5th round pick. Just my way of going about it.

Archived