Non player draft observations

Anyone else find it interesting how much Goodell was booed and anyone else feel that Chris Mortenson looked like and talked like he may have had a stroke or something.  It was almost as if he was slurring his speech and talking very slowly...

And lastly, even though the draft was in Chicago it still seemed like Jets fans were the most vocal.  It actually gave me some pride.  Great job to those that were there.

Anyone else find it interesting how much Goodell was booed and anyone else feel that Chris Mortenson looked like and talked like he may have had a stroke or something.  It was almost as if he was slurring his speech and talking very slowly...

And lastly, even though the draft was in Chicago it still seemed like Jets fans were the most vocal.  It actually gave me some pride.  Great job to those that were there.

Goodell has been booed for years now. He sucks at his job, so it makes sense.

Mortenson I didn't see, but I've known people that have shown Bell's Palsy type symptoms from being overly stressed. Hopefully that's all you were picking up on is something like that. 

I think the next draft should be outside not in some tiny theater. They huge pavillion they have set up would be great for the draft. 100,000 people cheering each pick.

When I think about Williams, I think of a front with Williams Richardson Harrison and Mo, Coples as flex OLB, Harris in the middle., with the nickel secondary and I have a hard time seeing how teams will play against it. Would be strong against the run and pass, and hugely flexible on how to get pressure

It warmed my heart that Goodell got booed in Chicago. 

What city do you think will boo him next year? Los Angeles, perhaps?

NFLPA and agents will bring the draft back to NY, where they can market their young stars.

Going to Chicago was stupid for the players. You can tell by how much mentioning how great Chicago is scripted into the broadcasts.

NFLPA and agents will bring the draft back to NY, where they can market their young stars.

Going to Chicago was stupid for the players. You can tell by how much mentioning how great Chicago is scripted into the broadcasts.

If I hear the term "Chi-town" again, I'm punching somebody. 

1)  NFLPA has no say whatsoever where the draft is held.

2)  How would a player drafted by Indianapolis or Jacksonville be more marketable if the draft was held in New York?

1)  NFLPA has no say whatsoever where the draft is held.

2)  How would a player drafted by Indianapolis or Jacksonville be more marketable if the draft was held in New York?

If the union tells their members "nobody show up to the random city" then they have say.

I know your trolling, but this is one of the dumbest ******* questions I've ever seen you pretend to stand behind. LOL

If the union tells their members "nobody show up to the random city" then they have say.

I know your trolling, but this is one of the dumbest ******* questions I've ever seen you pretend to stand behind. LOL

I'm sure undrafted NFL players would listen to a union they don't even belong to.

And again, having the draft in New York has absolutley no bearing whatsoever on the marketabily of any player.

I'm sure Winston and Mariotta couldn't sleep last night because of all the millions they lost because the draft was in Chicago.

I'm sure undrafted NFL players would listen to a union they don't even belong to.

And again, having the draft in New York has absolutley no bearing whatsoever on the marketabily of any player.

I'm sure Winston and Mariotta couldn't sleep last night because of all the millions they lost because the draft was in Chicago.

It absolutely baffles me that no upcoming prospect has initiated a lawsuit against the NFLPA for colluding to artificially depressing their wages.

I don't have the energy to slap you around.

They don't need to be members, to do what's in the best interests of the players and the player union. According to agents interview over the past weeks, some players opted to stay home rather than be in Chicago, partially because Chicago didn't provide the week-long exposure to companies and endorsement opportunities that NYC does.

It's really not an argument. It's reality.

I don't have the energy to slap you around.

They don't need to be members, to do what's in the best interests of the players and the player union. According to agents interview over the past weeks, some players opted to stay home rather than be in Chicago, partially because Chicago didn't provide the week-long exposure to companies and endorsement opportunities that NYC does.

It's really not an argument. It's reality.

Pls stop explaining reality to Tx. He's too busy to do homework he has to wack off to posters of Matt Cassell.

I like all that was discussed here so far but to me the venue itself was just acceptable.

Radio City is ten times the venue.

Also New York City, despite the hate, is a much more vibrant than other cities.  It is the Western World's largest Megacity with a global reach that no other US city can match.  For some posters to act like that fact doesn't matter simply means they don't know where the NFL is headed.

The NFL has our dollars already they want to expand as a brand internationally and that requires global impact, which New York helps to provide.  Chicago is beautiful and a wonderful city, I love it, but I believe New York is a better venue. 

I noticed these guys were in the crowd again last night:

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, the Vaynerchuk brothers. 

Good guys, Gary is an industry hero for a lot of people. I'll admit he's got a great point of view on a number of subjects tied to the work I do.

Archived