SEAHAWKS WON'T GIVE RUSSELL WILSON $20 MILLION A YEAR -

jeaniec

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes cromartie can be dumped after this season with no cap hit. It's a 7M one year deal if he stinks/is injured/clashes with Bowles/whatever. It is an extraordinarily team friendly deal and we are lucky he wanted to be back with Revis and took it.

Yes cromartie can be dumped after this season with no cap hit. It's a 7M one year deal if he stinks/is injured/clashes with Bowles/whatever. It is an extraordinarily team friendly deal and we are lucky he wanted to be back with Revis and took it.

I think that's overstating the marvelousness of Cro's deal. A year younger he signed a deal for 1 year $3.5M or something. A speed guy more than a smart guy, he's not going to get better with age. It's a pricey deal on a yearly basis. It may not have a lot of guaranteed money, but that's because he isn't worth it (and why no one gave it to him).

I think that's overstating the marvelousness of Cro's deal. A year younger he signed a deal for 1 year $3.5M or something. A speed guy more than a smart guy, he's not going to get better with age. It's a pricey deal on a yearly basis. It may not have a lot of guaranteed money, but that's because he isn't worth it (and why no one gave it to him).

Yes but there were well publicized serious concerns with his hip last offseason so he took a one year show me deal to show he is still healthy and now he gets paid. And besides, he was offered more elsewhere and came back to jets according to several reports. Even if assuming his is "overpaid" by a few million bucks, what's the big deal? No dead money if cut after the year. It is at worst a small inconvenience with no fallout in further years if he plays like a 3.5 million dollar player. Even if he plays like a $0 player, this wouldn't even move the needle in the history of bad deals because there is no cap repercussions beyond this year. This is why the level of outrage over the signing doesn't make much sense to me. It is a very fine balance of risk versus reward in the Jets favor, that is why I believe it to be a team friendly deal.

Yes but there were well publicized serious concerns with his hip last offseason so he took a one year show me deal to show he is still healthy and now he gets paid. And besides, he was offered more elsewhere and came back to jets according to several reports. Even if assuming his is "overpaid" by a few million bucks, what's the big deal? No dead money if cut after the year. It is at worst a small inconvenience with no fallout in further years if he plays like a 3.5 million dollar player. Even if he plays like a $0 player, this wouldn't even move the needle in the history of bad deals because there is no cap repercussions beyond this year. This is why the level of outrage over the signing doesn't make much sense to me. It is a very fine balance of risk versus reward in the Jets favor, that is why I believe it to be a team friendly deal.

Was I expressing "outrage" without my own knowledge?

I just don't think it was any bargain.

Was I expressing "outrage" without my own knowledge?

I just don't think it was any bargain.

Wasn't referring to you with that observation. There is a chasm between "overpaying" and "bargain." I merely said it wasn't anywhere close to overpaying, primarily because of its cap-friendly nature. I did not say it was a bargain; I said it was team friendly because of that flexibility. Very big difference.

Of course not. But why is that relevant to what we're discussing? They're long gone and didn't affect us financially.

You did not seem having any problem responding to the other half of it.

So who cares if we overpaid him this season?

That essentially settles the debate. I say we overpaid him even if it's for one season and now you are finally saying the same. Nice talks.

Cro was a stupid signing at the price we paid. It felt like the JETS competed against themselves to overpay Cro. Saying we are paying him way over his worth for ONLY a year is not a very bright way to look at it. Why that's bad i have already expressed that.

You can believe all the reports that someone was willing to pay him more AFTER the had the deal finalized with the JETS. Hmmmmmm...window dressing OR reality ? I will let you make your conclusions.

But to think someone out there was STUPID to pay Cro more than 32 mill for 4 years is beyond crazy. And even if there really was someone willing to give him that deal than i would gladly let them sign Cro away.

Cro was a stupid signing at the price we paid. It felt like the JETS competed against themselves to overpay Cro. Saying we are paying him way over his worth for ONLY a year is not a very bright way to look at it. Why that's bad i have already expressed that.

You can believe all the reports that someone was willing to pay him more AFTER the had the deal finalized with the JETS. Hmmmmmm...window dressing OR reality ? I will let you make your conclusions.

But to think someone out there was STUPID to pay Cro more than 32 mill for 4 years is beyond crazy. And even if there really was someone willing to give him that deal than i would gladly let them sign Cro away.

It's essentially a 1 year deal. He's got a 5 mil. salary and a 2 mil. roster bonus this year. That's fair for a proven Pro Bowl corner who might still be in his prime (probably his last year if that's the case). Next year he has an 8 mil. salary. So unless he plays at a Pro Bowl level this year he's gone next year. If he doesn't restructure. He's essentially on a 1 year, maybe on a 2 year deal for 10-15 mil. with only 7 mil. guaranteed. We are NOT overpaying. The total amount, 4 years, close to 40 mil...just forget it, it's a myth. It's a nice number for the agent to be able to throw out there to maybe get some more clients. Cro will be gone by the 2nd or 3rd year unless he restructures.

It's essentially a 1 year deal. He's got a 5 mil. salary and a 2 mil. roster bonus this year. That's fair for a proven Pro Bowl corner who might still be in his prime (probably his last year if that's the case). Next year he has an 8 mil. salary. So unless he plays at a Pro Bowl level this year he's gone next year. If he doesn't restructure. He's essentially on a 1 year, maybe on a 2 year deal for 10-15 mil. with only 7 mil. guaranteed. We are NOT overpaying. The total amount, 4 years, close to 40 mil...just forget it, it's a myth. It's a nice number for the agent to be able to throw out there to maybe get some more clients. Cro will be gone by the 2nd or 3rd year unless he restructures.

Exactly; these things have all be explained but JFID is committed to her opinion now and is too proud to relent

So do you like the signing or not? Stop beating around the bush

That essentially settles the debate. I say we overpaid him even if it's for one season and now you are finally saying the same. Nice talks.

LOL.  But you made a big deal out of it for no reason.  You don't get to carry over cap space from one season to the next.  It's use it or lose it.  The only way someone should be mad about using cap space on, essentially, a 1 year deal is if we missed out on another player by getting him.  We didn't.  And we still have some cap space to spare to boot.  Approximately $10.2M, according to this source:  http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

LOL.  But you made a big deal out of it for no reason.  You don't get to carry over cap space from one season to the next.  It's use it or lose it.  The only way someone should be mad about using cap space on, essentially, a 1 year deal is if we missed out on another player by getting him.  We didn't.  And we still have some cap space to spare to boot.  Approximately $10.2M, according to this source:  http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Actually that's not true. You can carry space over. It's part of how we ended up with so much space this past March.

Wisdom of his contract aside, what he's getting paid could have been pushed to 2016 quite easily.

Paying a guy like Wilson 20 mil per year is a double edge sword. You don't want to lose him, but he is in no way a type of QB who is going to carry a team by himself, he needs a lot of talent around him. His best asset is he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Take away a dominating defense and running game, and not making mistakes is not going to win games. You pay him 20 mil, and that forces you to lose a lot of the talent around him, and you are not a SB team any longer, he is just not THAT good.

Apparently youre not interested in a respecful conversation that is twice youve lashed out at me.

Here is why it's difficult to treat you like an adult. Stupid posts like the one below.

Exactly; these things have all be explained but JFID is committed to her opinion now and is too proud to relent

You do not pay 7 mill to a guy who MIGHT be still in his prime. You do it for a player you are sure can contribute at a VERY HIGH level.

Now even if it is a ONE year deal it means you overpaid him for ONE year. Period.

You do not pay 7 mill to a guy who MIGHT be still in his prime. You do it for a player you are sure can contribute at a VERY HIGH level.

Now even if it is a ONE year deal it means you overpaid him for ONE year. Period.

Now that we've clearly established it wasn't an overpay because:  1) It didn't cost us someone else, and 2) It isn't going to affect our cap beyond 2015 unless we want it to..... you've now settled on the "He wasn't who I wanted to pick up" phase of the argument.

Which player did you want instead.  That would be helpful to the discussion. 

You did not seem having any problem responding to the other half of it.

No, what he is saying is that even assuming you are correct, the level of criticsm you have expressed over it doesnt make a lot of sense. So you are either wrong, or hyperventilating over something that is not a big deal even if your view of it is correct.

Dude tries to reach out to you and you slap his hand away.  Ice cold.  You really hate being wrong, don't you?

Thats what i get for trying to be a nice guy. Lesson learned back to butthole mode lol

Now that we've clearly established it wasn't an overpay because:  1) It didn't cost us someone else, and 2) It isn't going to affect our cap beyond 2015 unless we want it to..... you've now settled on the "He wasn't who I wanted to pick up" phase of the argument.

Which player did you want instead.  That would be helpful to the discussion. 

Only in your dreams. But if you repeat it 1000 times in quick succession and than rub  goat testicles it might just come true.

Only in your dreams. But if you repeat it 1000 times in quick succession and than rub goat testicles it might just come true.

Does that work? I have heard that dwarf penis is lucky but if goat balls are too that is great news. It is very hard to find a c*ck merchant these days.

You're obviously just trying to be controversial at this point.

Archived