Ragnarok Mafia Signups - Need 1 more

Doggin94it

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no dog in this fight

Here is a tissue.

It's always weird with you ... you seem to apply the wrong tone to my posts when you interpret them. I'm reveling in this. I have a sh*t-eating grin on my face... and you come up with "here's a tissue". I don't think you understand the way I'm wired. Maybe you're projecting... I dunno. Just not sure how you don't get it for what it is.

Actually. Not surprised at all.

You thought people would get that and laugh? Explains so, so much.

Smash did.

It's always weird with you ... you seem to apply the wrong tone to my posts when you interpret them. I'm reveling in this. I have a sh*t-eating grin on my face... and you come up with "here's a tissue". I don't think you understand the way I'm wired. Maybe you're projecting... I dunno. Just not sure how you don't get it for what it is.

How do you not see me smiling right now? So odd.

An inability to understand how people tick is not a good characteristic to have when it comes to playing this game, I've learned. 

I'm getting the biggest kick of the assumptions your making in your post here ...........nevermind

Smash did.

How do you not see me smiling right now? So odd.

Ugh... you're wired just like Pac, but nowhere near as smart. 

You do something super stupid, then you get sh*tty and go overboard trying to make it about everyone else. I had a couple friends like that when I was young... they were only-children, they just didn't know how to say sorry and/or not make it everyone else fault/problem when they got in trouble or uncomfortable.

I'm getting the biggest kick of the assumptions your making in your post here ...........nevermind

Interwebz defense mechanism #24: instead of sulking, pretend that there's something on a "higher level" that you get and others don't

Nevermind indeed.

You do something super stupid, then you get sh*tty and go overboard trying to make it about everyone else. I had a couple friends like that when I was young... they were only-children, they just didn't know how to say sorry and/or not make it everyone else fault/problem when they got in trouble or uncomfortable.

I had a friend when I was younger that use to scream "Kiss Radio" every time he heard music.  No matter what the song.  He grew up to be the Chief of Police.  True story.

Not always.

This setup was not balanced for town at all. The only events that made it balance out somewhat were JC's bad luck, me having had him as a scum mate last game which made him an easier read for me. If both cults are around and recruiting, the town gets decimated, especially with Leelou outed on D1. I'm not saying I am "town hero", what I'm saying is that some good luck and good play for town in the first 1/4 of this game made it winnable when it otherwise would have been impossible.

Still think you're highly exaggerating. It was a very swingy game but it was not impossible for town to win.

Game could have been over on D2 with a town victory. 

Correction, it's just stupid in premise, and even worse when executed with the grace of being awake during a colonoscopy

Eh, some players can manage fake claiming okay as town. For instance, Yates (not sure if you're familiar with him). One game I was vig... he was VT. He claimed vig and I almost shot him, thinking he was scum. Later on I sort of realized he was trying to draw the NK and I shot elsewhere. But yeah, his play style usually involves either fake claiming or claiming a role in his OP. He does weird stuff like that. Makes it really hard to read him as town... and really deadly as scum. Because we sort of expect him to lie.

Personally, I don't do that at all, nor do I like it when others do it. But..... ya know... I respect that kind of playstyle, as long as the person knows what he's doing.

Eh, some players can manage fake claiming okay as town. For instance, Yates (not sure if you're familiar with him). One game I was vig... he was VT. He claimed vig and I almost shot him, thinking he was scum. Later on I sort of realized he was trying to draw the NK and I shot elsewhere. But yeah, his play style usually involves either fake claiming or claiming a role in his OP. He does weird stuff like that. Makes it really hard to read him as town... and really deadly as scum. Because we sort of expect him to lie.

Personally, I don't do that at all, nor do I like it when others do it. But..... ya know... I respect that kind of playstyle, as long as the person knows what he's doing.

He is the dude with the snake avatar?

I lied as town once, I think. I said I had a 1-time BPV and didn't. It was when I first started playing and it was a totally dumb thing to do. 

Ever since, mods LOVE to give me the vanilla with a 1-time vest role. It's sort of a tongue-in-cheek thing that happens now. 

Still think you're highly exaggerating. It was a very swingy game but it was not impossible for town to win.

Luck can make a game look more balanced than it is. I'm not griping, I think you did a great job and it's one of my favorite games by you. I just don't think in premise that this game was really about town vs. 2 factions. I think it was 2 factions against each other, with town as the outlier. JC had bad luck. Town had good luck. It changed the complexion of the game.

If I didn't make Pac emo... and he really did shoot Hess, then that would have been GREAT luck by town and shifted balance to favor them. It was balanced enough for everyone to have a chance, I just think most of the typical scenarios would not have favored town. That's all. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Maybe I can off wrong with my prior comment.

Nope.  Nearly impossible for town to win, given 2 cults, no notice of that fact, 1 cop/recruiter hybrid and no doc.  Only way for town to win was really good luck (either in IDing the cult leaders early or having their recruitments fail over and over again).  Fun game, but when the town's only real path to victory is "catch solo scum D1 or D2", that's not well balanced

Remember that game where I was a double voter?  I just came out and said it xD   I don't do well with all that crap of fibbing.

People were like.... oh she could have tried to hide it and such... meh.

I lied as town once, I think. I said I had a 1-time BPV and didn't. It was when I first started playing and it was a totally dumb thing to do. 

Ever since, mods LOVE to give me the vanilla with a 1-time vest role. It's sort of a tongue-in-cheek thing that happens now. 

I remember that.  I dont even like to lie as Scum let alone town.  Mrs Crusher always tell people I only lied to her two times since we been together and both of those on our first date.  Told her I wasn't the jealous type and I really wasn't that into sports.  She said she didnt like jealousy and sports that much and I said, "Really. me too."  Just really wanted to see her naked really bad.  I apologized once I did.  LOL

Luck can make a game look more balanced than it is. I'm not griping, I think you did a great job and it's one of my favorite games by you. I just don't think in premise that this game was really about town vs. 2 factions. I think it was 2 factions against each other, with town as the outlier. JC had bad luck. Town had good luck. It changed the complexion of the game.

If I didn't make Pac emo... and he really did shoot Hess, then that would have been GREAT luck by town and shifted balance to favor them. It was balanced enough for everyone to have a chance, I just think most of the typical scenarios would not have favored town. That's all. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Maybe I can off wrong with my prior comment.

I agree with this on all points.  Town had maybe a 20% shot at winning this game unless and until the two cults decided to stop trying to recruit, started killing, and hit each other. 

Nope.  Nearly impossible for town to win, given 2 cults, no notice of that fact, 1 cop/recruiter hybrid and no doc.  Only way for town to win was really good luck (either in IDing the cult leaders early or having their recruitments fail over and over again).  Fun game, but when the town's only real path to victory is "catch solo scum D1 or D2", that's not well balanced

Yea, I mean, this is pretty much how I looked at it. Still a good game, but telling town how often conversions were happening would have helped.

Reality is, if the Pac mislynch ****ed the town into losing, with or without he killing me, then the town really had no shot in the first place. Town has to be able to sustain 2 losses.

He is the dude with the snake avatar?

He's been changing his avatar a lot lately, so I'm not sure. right now he's got an angry monkey. Before that I think he had death riding a unicorn. 

He's a very out of the box kind of player. 

Oldest of three actually....armchair psychiatry is not a good look for you Ape

c480x270_16.jpg

Interwebz defense mechanism #24: instead of sulking, pretend that there's something on a "higher level" that you get and others don't

Nevermind indeed.

Saying I don't understand you, while you're not understanding me at the same time - oy

Archived