Ragnarok Mafia Signups - Need 1 more

Doggin94it

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luck can make a game look more balanced than it is. I'm not griping, I think you did a great job and it's one of my favorite games by you. I just don't think in premise that this game was really about town vs. 2 factions. I think it was 2 factions against each other, with town as the outlier. JC had bad luck. Town had good luck. It changed the complexion of the game.

If I didn't make Pac emo... and he really did shoot Hess, then that would have been GREAT luck by town and shifted balance to favor them. It was balanced enough for everyone to have a chance, I just think most of the typical scenarios would not have favored town. That's all. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Maybe I can off wrong with my prior comment.

I liked the balance of the game and it could have turned out differently in many ways. Biggest problem for town was the fixation with Leelou and the lack of trust in her. Even as scum, I was pushing for the lynch of Crusher to vet leelou, (because that stance looked townie) yet town never seemed to latch on to it which made things ridiculously easy for us. That and all those recruited did a pretty good job of faking town.

What I felt might have been unbalanced was that if any of the sides got lucky at the beginning (like we did) they would have rolled to victory as well.

If JC gets lynched and Leelou investigates Hess or Pac Shoots Hess and we have a game that looks much different

I liked the balance of the game and it could have turned out differently in many ways. Biggest problem for town was the fixation with Leelou and the lack of trust in her. Even as scum, I was pushing for the lynch of Crusher to vet leelou, (because that stance looked townie) yet town never seemed to latch on to it which made things ridiculously easy for us. That and all those recruited did a pretty good job of faking town.

What I felt might have been unbalanced was that if any of the sides got lucky at the beginning (like we did) they would have rolled to victory as well.

If JC gets lynched and Leelou investigates Hess or Pac Shoots Hess and we have a game that looks much different

Yep.  

Biggest problem for town was the fixation with Leelou and the lack of trust in her.

Absolutely.  You got my vote when you pushed heavily for Leelou's lynch.  Though not because I thought you were scum, but because I was in a situation where I had to trust Leelou's claim implicitly.  If town had done the same I wonder how the game might have transpired.  Probably still a very low probability of a town win, but improved odds for sure.

the funny part is you literally have to go to the opposite end of the world to find someone who admires the Ape.

I tell Ape he played well in one game and now I'm like his #1 groupie? LOL

So btw where did the CTM is a hippie thing come from? I've never understood this. Is it an old reference?

Other than being filthy, smelly, and a flea magnet, he also enjoys Phish, Grateful Dead, and a slue of stoner bands who's average song is 17 minutes long. 

He's disgusting on multiple levels.

I think he once bragged about following around Phish for a couple months and not showering the whole time.  Lived on Tab, Ramon Noodles, and Nitrous Balloons.

Other than being filthy, smelly, and a flea magnet, he also enjoys Phish, Grateful Dead, and a slue of stoner bands who's average song is 17 minutes long. 

He's disgusting on multiple levels.

I think he once bragged about following around Phish for a couple months and not showering the whole time.  Lived on Tab, Ramon Noodles, and Nitrous Balloons.

more or less

Wasn't that 80?

him too

Absolutely.  You got my vote when you pushed heavily for Leelou's lynch.  Though not because I thought you were scum, but because I was in a situation where I had to trust Leelou's claim implicitly.  If town had done the same I wonder how the game might have transpired.  Probably still a very low probability of a town win, but improved odds for sure.

The reason I was pushing so hard for leelou was a numbers game . As scum, I told my teammates I was going to push hard for her and try to drive her crazy by acting crazy. My intention was to get Crusher lynched because at that time it was getting to the point any town lynch would put us that much closer to victory..... Then you march in Lizzie who basically derailed the entire plan, but in doing so, he left it on the back burner, it was like a freebie for us and it made the numbers 8-4. It was all about the math in my mind because none of us were suspected as scum. People bought my Reveal so I was not concerned at pushing anything I wanted.

The reason I was pushing so hard for leelou was a numbers game . As scum, I told my teammates I was going to push hard for her and try to drive her crazy by acting crazy. My intention was to get Crusher lynched because at that time it was getting to the point any town lynch would put us that much closer to victory..... Then you march in Lizzie who basically derailed the entire plan, but in doing so, he left it on the back burner, it was like a freebie for us and it made the numbers 8-4. It was all about the math in my mind because none of us were suspected as scum. People bought my Reveal so I was not concerned at pushing anything I wanted.

You owned us plain in simple.  Well played.  Now I will try to kill you every time we play.

@ Gaype

Good bluff on my part, poorly executed

I tell Ape he played well in one game and now I'm like his #1 groupie? LOL

Pac never misses an opportunity to scream about how insecure he is. It's a really, really big problem for him that he played poorly... 

Archived