Big Monday nighter for Bowles & the Jets

Jetster

The last 5 years have been nothing but an embarrassment for the NY Jets & their fans. The Circus, the Buttfumble, The punch, this is pretty much what fans in most parts of the country think about when the NY Jets are mentioned in the media.

Well this Monday night we get to change that perception. We get to take the field in Indianapolis and perform like a professional football team with a quiet coach who also acts like a professional on the sidelines. No more jumping up & down by the coaches after a TD like we've never seen the endzone. 

Nope, this Monday should look different, feel different. We finally have adults in charge. There won't be any bragging about how the best defense in the history of football is coming to Indy. There won't be any talk of playing in the parking lot. 

No, this team will quietly enter with a quiet confidence with more pieces to the puzzle than they have had in years. No one expects offense from the Jets. The 1st time the offense takes the field Monday night the country will get their 1st glimpse of our offense.

Personnally, those more familiar with pro football will probably say, "wow, that's a pretty good group of skill players". Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker & Chris Ivory? That's a pretty good trifecta. But wait until they get a load of Owusu & Smith, a little bit of Bilal & maybe a whole lot of Stacey in the 4th quarter. I can't wait to see my professional football team on MNF. I just have this strange feeling we're not going to embarrass ourselves. I'm thinking we could be the lead story on Tuesday morning. "How far can a journeyman QB take them?"

Who knows?

Couldn't ask for a better match up for Week 2. The team looks promising. We are on the road against one of the best QB's in the league. No pressure on us for winning. In fact, after the Tam Bay, we are the second in terms of spread. Nobody expects us to win and a loss will not be devastating. 

Will be thrilled if we win. Will still be thrilled if we perform well. Will not be crushed if we lose. 

Go Jets. Shock the world. 

Couldn't ask for a better match up for Week 2. The team looks promising. We are on the road against one of the best QB's in the league. No pressure on us for winning. In fact, after the Tam Bay, we are the second in terms of spread. Nobody expects us to win and a loss will not be devastating. 

Will be thrilled if we win. Will still be thrilled if we perform well. Will not be crushed if we lose. 

Go Jets. Shock the world. 

I like to play teams that cannot stop the run.  And the Colts really cannot stop the run

This is the type of game that the media talking heads love, if the colts win they can all praise Luck to the ends of the earth, if the Jets win they can suddenly start praising the jets as if they knew they were an under the radar team.  Our D still has trouble with some things in the short passing game.  If the colts are patient and more importantly of Luck runs a lot we will be hard pressed.

really interesting week for Bowles Jets and Rex's Bills.   The Jets beat a team they were supposed to beat and now go on the road in primetime to play a super bowl contender in their home opener.   This is a game that historically the Jets get blown out in.  Bowles seems to like staying under the radar and almost never hear anything from him outside of the x's and o's of football.       

Rex and the Bills beat a dome team (albeit a good one) outdoors in Buffalo.   the 'greatest defense ever' is already starting and rex is making all sorts of proclamations.   While with the Jets this is a game that Rex lost just about every time.   It will be interesting to see his transition to buffalo and what kind of performance the team has on sunday.   

I like the way the Jets matchup with the Colts.  OTOH, I think we play down the homefield advantage a little too much around here.  For a prime time game it is even worse.  If we give them any momentum at all it could get ugly.

I'm concerned this is going to do just that - get ugly.

I don't think this defense is ready to shut down Luck quite yet.  While they made some big plays against the Browns, the defense really didn't impress me. I can see giving up 30+ points this week...In fact, I would be surprised if they don't.

Give it a month and this defense will be very, very good - just doesn't seem like they're ready.

Archived