You asked for it...

Gastineau Lives

...and so far Fitz is delivering on that 2-1 TD:Int ratio.

I don't even blame him for the one this week... and if you're going to throw interceptions, it's good to have your WR take the ball right back, or that the INT be the equivalent of a deep punt. The picks haven't been costly, like so, so many before have... I'm sure there'll be moments, but it's no longer routine to have back-breaking turnovers 2-3 times a game.

This is going to sound super dumb, but what's cool about Fitz is how it appears he handles adversity during these games. There's no panic, no deer in the headlights BS, no sulking on the bench. He's not intimidated by Marshall at all, which is nice. No offense looks smooth all the time, but it's nice to have a QB back there whose confidence doesn't collapse with every incompletion. 

Interception aside, when we needed that drive, Fitz delivered...would have been great if Decker could have made that last catch as well

I thought the team got way too conservative with just a ten point lead, and when Indy got to within three, I was legitimately concerned that the Jets might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - but Fitz responded very well there. It's often hard for a QB to turn it back on like that, but that TD drive was a back breaker for the Colts. 

Seemed like the coaching staff took the ball out of his hand for a good portion of the game.  He could of easily put up 400 yds last night.  Either way the calm demeanor after the game was very impressive.  You can tell he wasn't satisfied with his play.

Archived