Green Bay 16 32 50% 176 1 1 24
Bears 26 43 60% 316 1 2 19
Totals (1-2) 65 103 63% 713 3 4 62

Fitz 2015 Comp Att % Yards TD INT Points
Browns 15 24 63% 179 2 1 31
Colts 22 34 65% 244 2 1 20
Eagles 35 58 60% 283 2 3 17
Totals (2-1) 72 116 62% 706 6 5 68

If I didn't already know your opinions on this matter, I'd be hard pressed to figure out what you are trying to say. That Fitz.. a vet.. has slightly better #s in the first 3 games than Geno in his first two years in the league? I would guess Geno would even have 68 points if the defense had 11 turnovers in his first 3 games.

If I didn't already know your opinions on this matter, I'd be hard pressed to figure out what you are trying to say. That Fitz.. a vet.. has slightly better #s in the first 3 games than Geno in his first two years in the league? I would guess Geno would even have 68 points if the defense had 11 turnovers in his first 3 games.

I'm refraining so the numbers can speak for themselves, and the forum can view and analyze them.  My opinion is irrelevant, the numbers are the numbers.

I don't know how you can compare a player's rookie and second year stats with weak offensive skill players, with a 10 year veteran with a talented offensive cast around him...

You can compare by doing just that.

Looking at them, and performing an analysis of them.

Dear lord, some of you did graduate high school, right?

I'm refraining so the numbers can speak for themselves, and the forum can view and analyze them.  My opinion is irrelevant, the numbers are the numbers.

That's why I'm slightly confused. You are not a Geno fan, yet Fitz's #s aren't exactly distinguishing himself from Geno. If your point is that the Jets QBs suck, well, yes, they do. But considering your position on the Fitz train, I'm not sure that these #s support your cause.

That's why I'm slightly confused. You are not a Geno fan, yet Fitz's #s aren't exactly distinguishing himself from Geno. If your point is that the Jets QBs suck, well, yes, they do. But considering your position on the Fitz train, I'm not sure that these #s support your cause.

Which is exactly why I would post them, unlike some round here, even if I hold a position/opinion, I respect facts and think that the facts should rule the day.

And the facts say Fitz, with a better cast and coach, has only put up VERY slightly better performance, if that, numerically.

Which is exactly why I would post them, unlike some round here, even if I hold a position/opinion, I respect facts and think that the facts should rule the day.

And the facts say Fitz, with a better cast and coach, has only put up VERY slightly better performance, if that, numerically.

I hope the Jets destroy Miami 52-0. But if the Fitz who showed up today shows up in London,  and you're Bowles, what do you do?

I hope the Jets destroy Miami 52-0. But if the Fitz who showed up today shows up in London,  and you're Bowles, what do you do?

If you're asking me, I play Fitz till the end, and if he's repeated today's performance, I consider making the switch to Geno after the Bye, and I kiss 2015 goodbye as a competitive season.

Which is exactly what I think Bowles will do, well, apart from that kissing goodbye part, that's just my opinion.

If you're asking me, I play Fitz till the end, and if he's repeated today's performance, I consider making the switch to Geno after the Bye, and I kiss 2015 goodbye as a competitive season.

Which is exactly what I think Bowles will do, well, apart from that kissing goodbye part, that's just my opinion.

Fair enough. I do the same. But if the Fitz we saw today is the Fitz we get most of the season, I don't see Geno as any significant downgrade.

The funny thing is that I'm not a Geno guy. Yet on this board I feel like I've become one by default.

2013 starting receivers: Santonio Holmes & Jeremy Kerley

2014 starting receivers: Decker and Kerley

2015 starting receivers: Marshall and Decker

What effect does that have on your analysis?

2013: Santonio Holmes was a shell of himself and missed a lot of time.  Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates played a lot and they picked David Nelson off the street

2014: Decker and Nelson were actually the starters.  Decker was in and out with the hamstring issue.

The fact that Fitzpatrick only led the offense to 20 points against the Colts despite the fact that he got five turnovers from the defense is pathetic.

Fair enough. I do the same. But if the Fitz we saw today is the Fitz we get most of the season, I don't see Geno as any significant downgrade.

The funny thing is that I'm not a Geno guy. Yet on this board I feel like I've become one by default.

That's why you are posting on a messageboard and not coaching an NFL team

You show confidence in the guy you named starter going forward 5 days ago. Unless you are a child, then you make a reactionary decision and run back into the arms of the worst QB in the NFL for the prior two years cuz like fans and media n' stuff.

Geno wishes he could score 68 on an IQ test

Archived