The Plan For Sheldon

JetNation

NY Jets head coach Todd Bowles has a different approach than his predecessor when it comes to the media. Simply put, Bowles doesn’t say much. Case in point the return of Sheldon Richardson. Check out this exchange from the press conference on Wednesday after practice. On if he formulated a plan on how to integrate […]

Click here to read the full story...

Love it... The D-Line we'll see on Sunday is the D-Line we talked about since Williams was drafted....and alll summer long. We finally get to see the product on the field-no more talking about it!!! I'm excited to see what Bowles has planned and I love that he's not tipping his hand here. Rex woulda talked about his brilliant plan for Sheldon for 30 minutes. 

Sheldon is a jackass that can no longer be trusted, but, on Sunday, I'll forget all that and hope the DLine wrecks havoc.

....and puts the league on notice. 

Callahans gotta be a little worried. I would think just the urgency put for by the Skins offensive coaches will have their Oline a little trigger happy when our guys start moving around. This is a BAD AZZ Dline with a very active secondary behind it. I'm calling 3-4 false starts!

Suspect Richardson won't be getting to many reps, particularly with Williams playing so well.  Players off early season suspensions, or hold outs, often get injured when put in full blast right after they return.

Think it will be a nice balance though.  Williams  has a sprained ankle, and probably could use a light load, Richardson needs to be brought back in a bit slowly. 

Spelling one another will be good, and keep fresh legs in the game, which will probably pay dividends toward the end of the game.  

Suspect Richardson won't be getting to many reps, particularly with Williams playing so well.  Players off early season suspensions, or hold outs, often get injured when put in full blast right after they return.

Think it will be a nice balance though.  Williams  has a sprained ankle, and probably could use a light load, Richardson needs to be brought back in a bit slowly. 

Spelling one another will be good, and keep fresh legs in the game, which will probably pay dividends toward the end of the game.  

I'd say he gets in there for at least 2/3's of the defensive snaps. He's not coming off an injury. He's completely healthy, and has spent every day of his suspension at the facility. He hasn't been allowed to practice with the team during the suspension, but he's been allowed to work out. He'll be ready to go much like a cannon ball is ready to leave a cannon. He can spell guys to keep everyone fresh, and/or Bowles and Kacey can get creative with an extra, disruptive force available on the DL. 

He had a crappy, stupid, immature off season, but he's still arguably the best player on the team. Can't wait to see him on the field! 

I'd say he gets in there for at least 2/3's of the defensive snaps. He's not coming off an injury. He's completely healthy, and has spent every day of his suspension at the facility. He hasn't been allowed to practice with the team during the suspension, but he's been allowed to work out. He'll be ready to go much like a cannon ball is ready to leave a cannon. He can spell guys to keep everyone fresh, and/or Bowles and Kacey can get creative with an extra, disruptive force available on the DL. 

He had a crappy, stupid, immature off season, but he's still arguably the best player on the team. Can't wait to see him on the field! 

Think Greg Hardy.

Archived