Percy Harvin could retire

GREENBEAN

WOW!   And I was kinda sorta upset when we let him walk initially. Seems like this his career just might be over. Too bad actually. He has all the talent in the world.

HERTFORDSHIRE, England -- Bills wideout Percy Harvin won't make it to London, and he might not make it back on the field again.

Harvin is not here with the Bills because he is contemplating retirement after another setback with his hip, the Buffalo News first reported. Throughout the week, Rex Ryan has been extremely cagey when it came to the dynamic wideout and upped the ante Thursday by saying "I don't know where he is right now."

Via NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, all options are on the table for Harvin but the lingering hip injury is frustrating and will not allow him to play any time soon. A team source confirmed to Around The NFL that retirement was certainly an option for Harvin.

The former first-round pick has not played a full 16-game season since 2011, then a member of the Minnesota Vikings. Since that time, he has made stops in Seattle, New York and now Buffalo, each a curious and frustrating chapter with flashes of brilliance in between.

Arguably one of the fastest receivers in the NFL, Harvin has been battling hip issues for a majority of his career. A labrum tear in Seattle stymied what appeared to be a blockbuster trade for general manager John Schneider and the perfect complement to their ground and pound offense.

In Buffalo, though, Harvin finally started to feel at home. The journeyman's life seemed to be over after Ryan brought Harvin from the Jets to the Bills. The chaos in Seattle also seemed behind him.

But the clamor surrounding him lives on for at least another day. More details should emerge once the Bills return home from their London trip.

I though about dredging up those multiple, long threads about Harvin. 

I am the guy that kept telling everyone he has been a useless POS since High School....   duck and hide  Harvin advocates.  I know you all remember.   That schmuck might even be AWOL according to some reports.

"OMG.... he is gonna sign with the Patriots...deep threat...whine, whine...!"

Obligatory- fkn Idzik!

It's close but Mac may have chosen right taking B.Marsh over Percy.

I don't even think it's close, Marshall has been 5 times the receiver Harvin is and was for us.

The only thing Harvin had over Marshall was speed and age, but what good is that when you can't stay healthy?

I wish Harvin nothing but the best, but trading for Marshall and letting him walk was absolutely the right decision.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Wasn't he a consolation price when they missed out on Marshall? I remember reading that. Not quite the consolation we got when losing out on Hoyer.

Good point, almost forgot we went after Hoyer and thankfully he chose Houston which led us to getting Fitz.....had a little luck fall our way with that one.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

It's not a health issue.  Like clockwork, Harvin went off the rails.  Again.

HERTFORDSHIRE, England -- Buffalo Bills wide receiver Percy Harvininformed the team last week that he "needed to take some time for personal reasons," general manager Doug Whaley said Friday.

Whaley has not been in contact with Harvin, and the team doesn't plan to reach out to him until it returns from London following Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Harvin has grown increasingly frustrated with hip and knee injuries that are expected to sideline him indefinitely, but he is not contemplating retirement, a source told ESPN.

Asked Friday about the severity of Harvin's injury, Whaley said, "We'll keep that in-house, but I know there's a lot of other things that are going on that it's just not strictly injury-related."

The Buffalo News reported Thursday that Harvin was considering retiring because of a lingering hip injury that has limited his practice time this season and kept him out of Sunday's 34-21 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Harvin did not travel with the Bills to London this week for what coach Rex Ryan called personal reasons and will not play in Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"I'm not going to say anything more than what we said yesterday about it," Ryan said Thursday. "I don't know where he is right now."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13952099/buffalo-bills-general-manager-says-percy-harvin-told-team-last-week-needed-take-some

Archived