Thursday Night game actually coming at a good time

drsamuel84

Sure, injuries are a concern and you'd rather not have to play Buffalo without Mangold and Pryor but looking ahead this team is banged up and could really use this mini bye.  Don't forget B. Marsh is playing hurt, Decker's playing hurt and so is Skrine.  So looking ahead let's find a way to win at home and rest these guys up for the home stretch.

I dont think this team is good enough to have the luxury of looking ahead and conceding victories in the division/conference, especially at home.  They need these type of wins, especially with Buffalo a game behind in the WC race.  Buffalo is 4-3 in the conference, the Jets are 4-2.  Thursday Night is HUGE!

We need everyone ready to go.

I dont think this team is good enough to have the luxury of looking ahead and conceding victories in the division/conference, especially at home.  They need these type of wins, especially with Buffalo a game behind in the WC race.  Buffalo is 4-3 in the conference, the Jets are 4-2.  Thursday Night is HUGE!

We need everyone ready to go.

Agreed and I don't mean it to come out that way but with everyone talking about the short week and all the injuries I thought it could also be spun in the other direction.  With all the NFL injuries however, I don't agree with the divisional matchups on Thursday nights.  I know the NFL is trying to make those games more important but these games are just too important especially as the year goes on.  Football is a goldmine you don't have to put big games on Thursday nights to get ratings.

Agreed and I don't mean it to come out that way but with everyone talking about the short week and all the injuries I thought it could also be spun in the other direction.  With all the NFL injuries however, I don't agree with the divisional matchups on Thursday nights.  I know the NFL is trying to make those games more important but these games are just too important especially as the year goes on.  Football is a goldmine you don't have to put big games on Thursday nights to get ratings.

I was just having this conversation last night, the Thursday Night divisional games are ridiculous. 

I get what you're saying though, they do get an extra break after the game, which is good timing.  I was just more so saying, they need this win and cant be worried about injuries going into a huge match up.  Next man up! 

This will be a very difficult and emotional game, so yes, it will be nice to have a nice long break afterwards.  The fact that we got to play at home on Sunday and then host the Thursday night game is big as well.  But otherwise, nothing about playing a big divisional game on a Thursday night is good.

Cannot wait to see this game. I think this is going to be one of the most intense and toughest games of the overall season. Going to be a lot of blitzing and huge hits. Throwback Ravens/Steelers-esque.

This is a slugfest. We are a perfectly aligned matchup. It's gonna be a good one.

Archived