A Study in contrast- Bowles vs Ryan

Jetster

Rex has done a phenomenal job with the Bills. He's revived that franchise and they're going to compete for a wildcard this season. He should be in the running for coach of the year.

Wow, OK. I don't understand how even the strongest Rex supporters can say he has done a phenomenal job so far? This was a team that was 9-7 last year, and made some personnel improvements.

Rex has beaten a horrid Dolphins team twice, a below average Colts team, and got very lucky beating an awful Titans team.

On the other hand, he got his ass handed to him against the Pats at home, lost to an average at best Giants team, lost to a bad Jaguar team, and got crushed at home by a very good Bengals team.

That is phenomenal? Most of the Bills media and fan base is at the very least questioning him, some have already turned on him as they see right through him. 

Last year Buf was 5-5 after 10 games and lost a game badly to Miami.  this year they are 4-4 and have crushed Miami twice.

Last year we had very little talent, this year we are one of the most talented teams in the league.

Explain how we are one of the most talented teams in the league when you think our QB, the most important position on the field, sucks?

We don't have one single unit that you can look at and say its the best in the league, not our Dline, not our secondary, not our Oline, not our WR's, nothing. This is a ludicrous statement.

We have more talent than last year, but lets not be ridiculous.

Explain how we are one of the most talented teams in the league when you think our QB, the most important position on the field, sucks?

We don't have one single unit that you can look at and say its the best in the league, not our Dline, not our secondary, not our Oline, not our WR's, nothing. This is a ludicrous statement.

We do have a better QB with Fitz(Who doesn't suck) and a true number 1 W/R with Brandon..

I don't think the QB sucks, he has been mediocre throughout his career but has played better than mediocre this year.

Our DL is the most talented DL in the league and not playing like it, our secondary the most talented unit in the league and not playing like it.

The WRs are really, really good

the Rbs are very good

the OL is good

we are very talented.  I didn't say most talented but one of the most talented.

In today's NFL you're going to give up yardage.  A lot of it.  As bad as we've been lately in the pass yardage department we've overall been a lot better than most of the league.  Football Outsiders ranks us 6th in pass defense.  It also ranks us 1st against the run, while Rex's Bills that you tout as being better at run-stuffing are ranked 26th against the run (12th against the pass).  We've allowed the fewest rushing yards, just 2 rushing TD's, and forced 5 fumbles (4 of which we recovered).  We're doing quite well against the run.

All you can really do is try to get after the QB and force turnovers, then score points off those turnovers.  To date we've done pretty well at that, which is why we're 5-3 and + 38 in net points.  And as you said, hopefully our recent difficulties will improve as we get healthier.

I think there is a direct correlation to our injuries to Pryor, Bailey & Skrine vs some pretty good QBs, Brady, Carr and Bortles to our sudden penchant of giving up big plays. Carr went to Pittburgh & tore it up, his defense couldn't stop Antonio Brown. Brady has been unstoppable, Bortles got more downs to play with than he should of but we only ran for 29 yards.

We just need all of our starters healthy at the same time. I'd be ecstatic if we get to 6-3. We've been as beat up as any team, starting in training camp. We lost Amaro, Sudfeld , Antonio Allen for the year before the season, we had to play a game without a FG kicker (now he's on IR), Bilal Powell has been out, we didn't have Sheldon for 4 games, we've had Pryor, Skrine, Decker, Marshall, Mauldin, Ivory, Fitz, Colon, Mangold,Cumberland, miss a game or games or they had to play with injuries. 

Kudos to our Jets if we get to 6-3 with the adversity & a new QB & coaching staff!

My point was that you cannot claim we have one of the most talented teams in the league, which he did, and also say our QB sucks, which he has said many, many times.

where have I said the QB sucks? he had some bad games early in the season, that doesn't mean he sucks.

Wow, OK. I don't understand how even the strongest Rex supporters can say he has done a phenomenal job so far? This was a team that was 9-7 last year, and made some personnel improvements.

Rex has beaten a horrid Dolphins team twice, a below average Colts team, and got very lucky beating an awful Titans team.

On the other hand, he got his ass handed to him against the Pats at home, lost to an average at best Giants team, lost to a bad Jaguar team, and got crushed at home by a very good Bengals team.

That is phenomenal? Most of the Bills media and fan base is at the very least questioning him, some have already turned on him as they see right through him. 

They're 4-2 with Tyrod Taylor, despite having been really banged up.

EJ Manuel is probably worse than Geno, too.  They'd probably have a winning record if Taylor hadn't gone down.

They're 4-2 with Tyrod Taylor, despite having been really banged up.

EJ Manuel is probably worse than Geno, too.  They'd probably have a winning record if Taylor hadn't gone down.

Sun, Sep 13
vs
-m-03wnh__56x42.pngColts
W 14 - 27
Final

Sun, Sep 20
vs
-m-05g3b__56x42.pngPatriots
L 40 - 32
Final

Sun, Sep 27
@
-m-04vn5__56x42.pngDolphins
W 41 - 14
Final

Sun, Oct 4
vs
-m-05gg4__56x42.pngGiants
L 24 - 10
Final

Sun, Oct 11
@
-m-07l2m__56x42.pngTitans
W 14 - 13
Final

Sun, Oct 18
vs
-m-01y49__56x42.pngBengals
L 34 - 21
Final

Sun, Oct 25
@
-m-043vc__56x42.pngJaguars
L 31 - 34
Final

Sun, Nov 8 vs 38UxSiyXdCMMQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Dolphins W 17 - 33 Final

They beat Indy, Tennessee and the Dolphins twice. So 3 of their wins came against 2 of the worst 5 teams in the league, and the Colts might end up bottom 12. All of the teams they've beaten have fired their HC or coordinators. 

They lost to Pats, Giants, Bengals and Jags - all teams that probably make the playoffs. Yes, I think the Jags end up winning the AFC South. 

We're a playoff team. 

I expect them to play us close, but I expect us to beat them in our house. I get that our secondary is a mess, but on offense losing Willie Colon should not keeps us from dropping 30 on Rex's defense. 

I think there is a direct correlation to our injuries to Pryor, Bailey & Skrine vs some pretty good QBs, Brady, Carr and Bortles to our sudden penchant of giving up big plays. Carr went to Pittburgh & tore it up, his defense couldn't stop Antonio Brown. Brady has been unstoppable, Bortles got more downs to play with than he should of but we only ran for 29 yards.

We just need all of our starters healthy at the same time. I'd be ecstatic if we get to 6-3. We've been as beat up as any team, starting in training camp. We lost Amaro, Sudfeld , Antonio Allen for the year before the season, we had to play a game without a FG kicker (now he's on IR), Bilal Powell has been out, we didn't have Sheldon for 4 games, we've had Pryor, Skrine, Decker, Marshall, Mauldin, Ivory, Fitz, Colon, Mangold,Cumberland, miss a game or games or they had to play with injuries. 

Kudos to our Jets if we get to 6-3 with the adversity & a new QB & coaching staff!

But people now think that a team that barely won 4 games last year is now supposed to be a powerhouse without a lights out QB...

It doesn't work that way...

Sun, Sep 13
vs
-m-03wnh__56x42.pngColts
W 14 - 27
Final

Sun, Sep 20
vs
-m-05g3b__56x42.pngPatriots
L 40 - 32
Final

Sun, Sep 27
@
-m-04vn5__56x42.pngDolphins
W 41 - 14
Final

Sun, Oct 4
vs
-m-05gg4__56x42.pngGiants
L 24 - 10
Final

Sun, Oct 11
@
-m-07l2m__56x42.pngTitans
W 14 - 13
Final

Sun, Oct 18
vs
-m-01y49__56x42.pngBengals
L 34 - 21
Final

Sun, Oct 25
@
-m-043vc__56x42.pngJaguars
L 31 - 34
Final

Sun, Nov 8 vs 38UxSiyXdCMMQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Dolphins W 17 - 33 Final

They beat Indy, Tennessee and the Dolphins twice. So 3 of their wins came against 2 of the worst 5 teams in the league, and the Colts might end up bottom 12. All of the teams they've beaten have fired their HC or coordinators. 

They lost to Pats, Giants, Bengals and Jags - all teams that probably make the playoffs. Yes, I think the Jags end up winning the AFC South. 

We're a playoff team. 

I expect them to play us close, but I expect us to beat them in our house. I get that our secondary is a mess, but on offense losing Willie Colon should not keeps us from dropping 30 on Rex's defense. 

You realize the Jets have beaten Indy, the Dolphins, the Browns, Jaguars, and Redskins, right?  Those are all teams with losing records.  The Bills lost to the Jags and Bengals (no shame there) with Taylor, McCoy, Williams, Watkins, and/or Harvin out.  

And the Jets are going to drop 30 on the Bills based on what?  The Jets couldn't even drop 30 on the Jaguars, who had given up 34, 31, and 38 points to the Bills, Texans and Buccaneers (not exactly good offenses).  And Ryan Fitzpatrick has had a hell of a time with Rex Ryan.  If Taylor takes care of the ball and the Bills offense doesn't put that defense in a bad spot, this is going to be a low scoring affair. 

You realize the Jets have beaten Indy, the Dolphins, the Browns, Jaguars, and Redskins, right?  Those are all teams with losing records.  The Bills lost to the Jags and Bengals (no shame there) with Taylor, McCoy, Williams, Watkins, and/or Harvin out.  

And the Jets are going to drop 30 on the Bills based on what?  The Jets couldn't even drop 30 on the Jaguars, who had given up 34, 31, and 38 points to the Bills, Texans and Buccaneers (not exactly good offenses).  And Ryan Fitzpatrick has had a hell of a time with Rex Ryan.  If Taylor takes care of the ball and the Bills offense doesn't put that defense in a bad spot, this is going to be a low scoring affair. 

I wasn't commenting on the Jets. I was commenting on the Bills. I know who the Jets have beaten, and while they aren't world-beaters, they have been tougher matchups than beating Tennessee and the Dolphins twice.

Dropping 30 is aspirational thinking. I should have to explain that.

I wasn't commenting on the Jets. I was commenting on the Bills. I know who the Jets have beaten, and while they aren't world-beaters, they have been tougher matchups than beating Tennessee and the Dolphins twice.

Dropping 30 is aspirational thinking. I should have to explain that.

The Jets have played two teams that are .500 or over (Raiders and Patriots).  The Raiders destroyed the Jets and the only reason the Patriots game was close is because the receivers dropped more passes in a game than I have ever seen. 

The Jets have not been more impressive than the Bills.  They're about as evenly matched as it gets.  

I'm shocked by the wimpy Jets fans mentality here.  I expect us to crush BUF.  I expect us to humiliate them and shame them from being able to go back home to their wives.  I expect Bowles to cut Rex's dick off after the game and feed it to his wolves.  That's what I expect. 

I'm shocked by the wimpy Jets fans mentality here.  I expect us to crush BUF.  I expect us to humiliate them and shame them from being able to go back home to their wives.  I expect Bowles to cut Rex's dick off after the game and feed it to his wolves.  That's what I expect. 

Woah woah woah...woah....woah...........Wolves?  Shouldnt he be feeding it to some bison?

Woah woah woah...woah....woah...........Wolves?  Shouldnt he be feeding it to some bison?

Bowles has wolves.  Rex has Bison.  Bison are vegetarians, which goes along with Rex's newfound pussy philosophy of losing weight and looking good for the camera.  Real men eat meat.  Real men feed the cocks of their enemies to their pet wolves.  Look it up, it's 100% totally true!

Bowles has wolves.  Rex has Bison.  Bison are vegetarians, which goes along with Rex's newfound pussy philosophy of losing weight and looking good for the camera.  Real men eat meat.  Real men feed the cocks of their enemies to their pet wolves.  Look it up, it's 100% totally true!

Does this mean, I'm not a real man?  

What about my beard? 

but is "was" New England. 

And?  That's the one team Rex was hired by Buffalo to beat, and in his first crack at the Pats, at home, the team was completely non-competitive.  I'm sure most Bills fans had that pencilled as a loss, but no one thought they'd be down by as many as 24 points in the game.

Will Rex be allowed to do his amazing stunt at the end of warmups where he and his entire 12 man coaching staff cram into a VW Beetle and drive off the field to the cheers of boys and girls and all other circus fans everywhere???

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

And?  That's the one team Rex was hired by Buffalo to beat, and in his first crack at the Pats, at home, the team was completely non-competitive.  I'm sure most Bills fans had that pencilled as a loss, but no one thought they'd be down by as many as 24 points in the game.

Just sayin' 

When a team beats a bad team people say but it was "a bad" team. If they lose to an elite team then no one says that it was "a great" team. I dont really care what game Rex had circled. I was simply saying....it was the Patriots. 

Just sayin' 

When a team beats a bad team people say but it was "a bad" team. If they lose to an elite team then no one says that it was "a great" team. I dont really care what game Rex had circled. I was simply saying....it was the Patriots. 

I get what you're saying.  Its easy to chalk up any win or loss to the strength of the opponent.  However, its always worth a closer look at HOW the team lost.  For years that was the problem with Rex here; it wasn't just that we lost, it was the WAY we lost.  It definitely matters.

I get what you're saying.  Its easy to chalk up any win or loss to the strength of the opponent.  However, its always worth a closer look at HOW the team lost.  For years that was the problem with Rex here; it wasn't just that we lost, it was the WAY we lost.  It definitely matters.

It does, but its still the Patriots. They make alot of teams look like sh*t more often than not. I dont look at that game and feel that it should give the Jets any more confidence. 

Archived