The last 1/4 of the season

Jetup

The remaining games will present different challenges, but because of either injury (Romo, Edelman) or because of record (Titans) or just a beatable but tough team like the Bills, the Jets can easily finish the year sweeping December. First things first, beat the Titans. We will have to  shut down the run as usual, and apply pressure up the middle while staying in our lanes and being disciplined.  MM is growing as a Qb and has had some very good games, but is still a one read Qb at this point and different coverages should confuse him. The scariest thing about him is his legs as he shown last week. On offense we need to establish the run, but also play a diversed game mixing up the run & pass. The Titans have been better on D since the coaching change but still can be run on and we must establish the line of scrimmage. If that is possible, BM, Decker and the crew should have a dominant home win.

The Cowboys game will present a different challenge on the road. It is a primetime game so there is no reason why we should be flat. Also I believe we will see the return of Revis and Williams. Dallas has proven since this past week to still be able to play defense and does still have Dez on offense. Any combination of Revis or Williams should help slowing him down. Also obviously the threat of Witten will be there, and anyone who knows the Jets knows we cannot stop any TE, let alone an ALL PRO. The deciding factor will be MC though, who I believe is an awful QB. We need to relentlessly put pressure on him all game. McFadden is having a good year, but the Redskins just showed how to stop the Cowboys running attack and I think our D is up to the challenge. On defense, we need a to slow Hardy and Lee down. Those are the only two that jump out at me. We can run on the Cowboys and if we can establish the run it will open lanes to unleash Decker and Marshall.

The Pats game will be an interesting home game finale. With Edelman out and Gronk definitely coming back( you know we couldn't be that lucky) this game is more winnable then fans believe. We played the Pats extremely well on the road earlier this year until we got outplayed by Tom & the boys in the 4th. Like all Jets/Pats games it will come down to execution and who plays better in the final quarter. I believe the Jets will be up for this game and we will win by a TD (yeah Im calling it).

The final game of the year ends where it should....against Rex! Man you cant make this sh*t up. This game may get flexed because of the magnitude if both teams are fighting for the last spot. Again, there should be no letdown in this game because of the hype surrounding this game and the awful loss we took earlier in the year. If memory serves me correctly the two things that standout why we lost the earlier matchup were McCoy giving us fits and Fitz having possibly worst game of the year. As far as McCoy we need to set the edge better and use Pryor up in the box. I am not scared at all of Sammy. Let Revis or Cro  play him with safety help deep and we will be fine. On offense I think Fitz has grown since that game and our Offense has been simplified. Rex will have his team ready, no doubt. This game will come down to the final minute like the first matchup and will probably will be won by the STs (we need to get our sh*t together)
There it is... All four winnable games
Jetup

Edelman should be back. His injury was the Sam as Dez. Six weeks puts him back in time for Jet game. Hope he doesn't male it though

I hope not, but no excuses. If he plays I rather beat them at full strength. If not, I'll take it...

That offense has not been the same without him

Hey I didn't think Julian would be out there, but I def see Gronk coming back. If it is only Amendola and Gronk we need to be concerned with, it makes the our lives a lot easier. The Pats offense have shown warts since Julian's injury in the Giants game. Meaningless for the Pats, but a huge game for the Jets.

Savage is right. If the Pats have clinched seeding for them by then, rest for them would be better. Of course I want a W, and hope Edelman and Gronk are both out, but I would love to beat them at full strength. We match up good against the Pats and if things ended today would play them in the first round.

Edelman should be back. His injury was the Sam as Dez. Six weeks puts him back in time for Jet game. Hope he doesn't male it though

Difference is Dallas needed to get Dez back on the field to try and make a playoff run.

Pats probably are playing for nothing so may sit him until the playoffs start.

Btw the only way the Pats clinch is if Denver & Bengals lose the next two games. Highly unlikely

Denver and Cincy play each other in a couple weeks, which works in the Pats' favor. Either team could win out, though. If Cincy wins out, Denver wins their other three games, and the Pats take a loss, the Pats don't have a bye. Teams with the best chance to beat the Pats have to be the Texans this week and the Jets. Unlikely that the Pats will be considering the Jets game to be meaningless, but Tex is a troll and I don't know why Max keeps letting him back. 

Denver and Cincy play each other in a couple weeks, which works in the Pats' favor. Either team could win out, though. If Cincy wins out, Denver wins their other three games, and the Pats take a loss, the Pats don't have a bye. Teams with the best chance to beat the Pats have to be the Texans this week and the Jets. Unlikely that the Pats will be considering the Jets game to be meaningless, but Tex is a troll and I don't know why Max keeps letting him back. 

There are Jet fans here that are bigger trolls then Tex plus I like Tex I gave him his Cowboy Avatar years ago..:)

I'm with John^^

What I say!!

We outplayed and dominated a team we should have. I thought the game would be closer, but the Jets played a complete game. This Saturday is the next most important game. Handle our business against  a MC led team. I will say it again, HE SUCKS!!!

Contain a disinterested Dez with Revis and shutdown Witten. This should be another dominant game and it is a nationally televised game, so we will be up for it. We are rolling right now. We have a short week, but so do they. Come out quick and establish the run with Ivory and take the game to them. We are the better team.

Archived