Fitz's final two drives

AFJF

This is where we differ. 

We do indeed.  If the defense was as good as advertised, this team could start Petty in week 17 to get a look at what he can do.  As it stands, they've faltered so it's not the case.

We do agree on Glennon though, so I forgive you :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do indeed.  If the defense was as good as advertised, this team could start Petty in week 17 to get a look at what he can do.  As it stands, they've faltered so it's not the case.

Well the defense is currently 8th in points allowed and 5th in yards given up, so you must have been expecting top 5.

Well the defense is currently 8th in points allowed and 5th in yards given up, so you must have been expecting top 5.

I was expecting top-3 with top-5 being worst-case scenario.  If they dominate the Eagles and Texans as they should have, they'd be right there.

Before u put Fitz in the hall of fame let him beat the Pats , I thought he play a terrible game in Dallas ,he throws into double coverage all the time with a weak arm.

Exactly why he'll never win more than six games!  Preach on, brother!

Well, since you're trying to be a smarty pants....no, it doesnt matter since we need help to get into the playoffs though we've had the easiest Jets schedule I've ever seen. Instead of getting a signature win or even beating teams we're better than we need to settle for a "signature loss" by Pittsburgh and/or Kansas City. 

This is similar to it not mattering when Fitz was in Buffalo with the ranked 7th best defense in the league because to you they "couldnt stop a nosebleed". :P

It seems like you favor stats depending on whether they benefit Fitz or not, so your words cant be trusted when it comes to "ranked" talk. 

We have 1 good team next week, another who's been wiping the floor with us the past 2 seasons along with a good Pittsburgh team that is literally standing in the way of our playoff run. Let Fitz get us into the playoffs and stop worrying about Geno given that this playoff run really shouldnt have been this complicated to begin with given the lack of talent we've faced all year. Maybe we should worry about our upcoming match-ups given that these are the games that have been our problem all year and is the reason we need "signature losses" by other teams to get into the playoffs. 

So no, it doesnt matter when you beat (some, not all) 4 win teams (Cowboys) and 5 win teams (Giants) yet even struggle while doing so. Enjoy the win, but no need to make it more than what it is with this "4th ranked" mess when just a couple days ago a 7th ranked overall defense didnt count. 

With that said though, Fitz had a really good 4th quarter from what I've seen. 

Dude, just STFU already.

The Cowboys happen to have a very good over all defense and a great pass rush ...they lose a lot of games late because they simply can't do anything on offense. They do this with just about everyone they face including Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers .... You can say the same for the Tennessee Defense yet Fitz gets the "we haven't played any winning teams" label ? Sorry but that's bullsh*t since the Cowboys have played just about everyone tough this year . Keep in mind there are only 10 winning teams in the NFL this year and a lot of teams that are good or have been good at one point or another right in the middle of the pack. NOBODY is playing a plethora of winning teams and neither are the Patriots.

Not only Did Fitz lead yet another 4th quarter comeback he did it when the Running game stunk and he did it under intense pressure WTF else do people want from this guy ???

I don't have a label for Fitz he is playing well . I'm just saying barely beating a 4-7 Cowboys team isn't any thing to get crazy about .  A Signature Moment is beating Brady . The Giants game is def a Signature moment . 

Cowboys are terrible and we struggled to win that game even tho our Defense Created 4 Turnovers ... Lmaoooo at signature win  vs a 4-9 team ? I'm just happy we won please stop the overreacting . With Tom Brady up next  beat him that would be considered a signature win 

cowboys have a top 4 pass defense and a ferocious pass rush and the jets had 2 nice drives late in the game to win.  its ok to be happy with that. 

Glennon is a beast, Fitz is having a better year than even his supporters expected. I got to say, im surprised. I really want to see Fitz put it to the Pats and Buffalo. Even if we dont make the playoffs, if Fitz can win the rest of these games and end the season with 11 wins no one in the world could criticize what he's done even with this schedule. Looking back at our history this has been the best season offensively I've seen in 15 years. 

I don't have a label for Fitz . I'm just saying barely beating a 4-7 team isn't any thing to get crazy about .  A Signature Moment is beating Brady . The Giants game is def a Signature moment . 

I've always felt like football is made up of three phases.  Offense, defense and special teams.  With that being the case, I don't see it as Fitz vs. Brady, but Jets vs. Pats.  When they played earlier this season, Fitz was fantastic.  Because the defense couldn't hold Brady and two easy TD passes were missed by his receivers, are we supposed to pretend he hasn't already played great against New England this season?

Glennon is a beast, Fitz is having a better year than even his supporters expected. I got to say, im surprised. I really want to see Fitz put it to the Pats and Buffalo. Even if we dont make the playoffs, if Fitz can win the rest of these games and end the season with 11 wins no one in the world could criticize what he's done even with this schedule. Looking back at our history this has been the best season offensively I've seen in 15 years. 

I think that guy with the paintball mask in his avatar would be quick to disagree.

Hard to knock Fitz play in the fourth quarter. He has now played pretty well in 4 consecutive games, and importantly he made plays to WR othe than Decker and Brandon when it really mattered. Super sloppy and uninspired first three quarters but played good enough for us to win when it mattered. Everything rides on the Pats game next week. Win that and I think we beat Buffalo too and make the playoffs. All three contenders going 3-0 is super unlikely and I think TV is messing up a little because I think we get in in a three way tie at 11-5 if Denver loses 1 in addition to Pitt, or if Cincy loses 3. We were in MUCH worse shape in 2009 and made it. Weird things happen at this time of the year and we won our game first which is big in my opinion.

I've always felt like football is made up of three phases.  Offense, defense and special teams.  With that being the case, I don't see it as Fitz vs. Brady, but Jets vs. Pats.  When they played earlier this season, Fitz was fantastic.  Because the defense couldn't hold Brady and two easy TD passes were missed by his receivers, are we supposed to pretend he hasn't already played great against New England this season?

this is the biggest game of the season right here. Your idea of Fitz being great wasn't good enough they lost. Since your most likely not gonna stop Brady . So your gonna have to score with him . He win this it will be the biggest moment of his career.  I.E.: Signature Moment I'm ready and I'm  Not labeling Fitz anything he has had a solid season . I'm looking at him as the new Rich Gannon 

then you would have no problem giving a good QB $15M a yr for 4 yrs, this is what good Qbs command in today's NFL. So pay him mon

Dude when did you revert back to assmop? I feel like there was a couple years of normalcy from you but now you're back full fledge assmop. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the biggest game of the season right here. Your idea of Fitz being great wasn't good enough they lost. Since your most likely not gonna stop Brady . So your gonna have to score with him . He win this it will be the biggest moment of his career.  I.E.: Signature Moment I'm ready and I'm  Not labeling Fitz anything he has had a solid season . I'm looking at him as the new Rich Gannon 

I know they lost.  I watched the game. My point was that the Jets did not lose because Fitz didn't play well.  He did everything possible to win that game.  Dropping and missing TD passes is something he has no control over.

Dude when did you revert back to assmop? I feel like there was a couple years of normalcy from you but now you're back full fledge assmop. What gives?

Ummm The average salary for an NFL QB is $13M per, tannythrill is getting $20m, give him $15m per and stop it. If fitz has a decent agent he will ask for tanny $$. The felating over this journeyman QB is unreal. Pay him or Shut up.  

I think that guy with the paintball mask in his avatar would be quick to disagree.

The reason why I could respect it is because it would mean that Fitz did enough to beat not only the reigning world champions but one of the best teams this year (Something we have yet to do). And this Buffalo team have been the type of team that we've lost to every time this year (Buffalo, Oakland etc).  They're not the best teams in the league but they're middle of the pack or inconsistent teams. They have the talent but just havent put it together consistently. The Jets need to rise above that, and if Fitz is the leader like everyone says he is then its on him to make it happen. If we end the season 9-7 or 10-6 with this schedule this year I will not be happy with that at all. 

Im giving Fitz his well deserved credit, but the Jets inconsistency is also something that I cant ignore. Some would like to ignore the obvious because we've been so QB deprived. I dont feel like doing that lol. 

To lose these type of games early in the season yet when push came to shove Fitz responds and makes sure that the Jets do everything they can in order to put themselves in position to make the playoffs, then everyone should respect that because he's pushing us through the wall we always tend to hit. 

If we lose these games then I really dont care how many records he break, its about wins. The goal is to first make the playoffs. And with this schedule we had it would be hard to justify not making it. 

The reason why I could respect it is because it would mean that Fitz did enough to beat not only the reigning world champions but one of the best teams this year (Something we have yet to do). And this Buffalo team have been the type of team that we've lost to every time this year (Buffalo, Oakland etc).  They're not the best teams in the league but they're middle of the pack or inconsistent teams. They have the talent but just havent put it together consistently. The Jets need to rise above that, and if Fitz is the leader like everyone says he is then its on him to make it happen. If we end the season 9-7 or 10-6 with this schedule this year I will not be happy with that at all. 

Im giving Fitz his well deserved credit, but the Jets inconsistency is also something that I cant ignore. Some would like to ignore the obvious because we've been so QB deprived. I dont feel like doing that lol. 

To lose these type of games early in the season yet when push came to shove Fitz responds and makes sure that the Jets do everything they can in order to put themselves in position to make the playoffs, then everyone should respect that because he's pushing us through the wall we always tend to hit. 

If we lose these games then I really dont care how many records he break, its about wins. The goal is to first make the playoffs. And with this schedule we had it would be hard to justify not making it. 

More than half of the teams in the NFL are at or below .500, which means the vast majority of teams have played weak schedules.  Why should the Jets be discredited for falling in to the same category as almost every other team in the NFL in terms of SOS?

Who have the 13-0 Panthers beaten?  Seattle who was in the midst of a 2-4 start after clearly missing a beat w/o Chancellor, and the Packers who lost to the Detroit Lions at home the following week?

It's easy to nitpick every schedule in the NFL and spin it in such a way that nobody's wins really mean anything.

They love fitz because he is a gamer, hustles like Pete Rose, hits likes Bud Harrelson. There were 6 throws last nite, he had no business throwing. That's his game vs good teams it comes crashing down to reality. Again If i was his agent, i say give me Tannyhill $$ right now, i am still young and have 4 -5 yrs to give..

More than half of the teams in the NFL are at or below .500, which means the vast majority of teams have played weak schedules.  Why should the Jets be discredited for falling in to the same category as almost every other team in the NFL in terms of SOS?

This is not about the Jets being discredited because other teams played weak schedules, this is about the Jets not beating these teams period. More than half of the league is under .500 yet we havent beaten any of the .500 or better teams we faced and lost to a few below .500 teams. We can only play our schedule right? We have to beat those teams. 

We just had a poster earlier trying to discredit the Panthers 13-0 record by saying that they arguably had a weaker schedule. How can you discredit a team that BEAT the teams they were supposed to beat? Thats the difference here. Its great that we're in the mix, but to not face the fact is ignoring the fact. 

We should be beating these teams bro. We shouldnt be playing down to their level, we shouldnt need Tom Coughlin to make a boneheaded mistake in order to win. We're either better than those teams or we're not. No matter what anyone wants to say about the Panthers or Cam, one thing that they cant say is that any of those 13 teams were better than them on that particular Sunday. 

Who have the 13-0 Panthers beaten?  Seattle who was in the midst of a 2-4 start after clearly missing a beat w/o Chancellor, and the Packers who lost to the Detroit Lions at home the following week?

It's easy to nitpick every schedule in the NFL and spin it in such a way that nobody's wins really mean anything.

If its easy to do then its easy to understand. The point (again) that you're missing is that the Panthers won. So there is nothing to nitpick. 

This is not about the Jets being discredited because other teams played weak schedules, this is about the Jets not beating these teams period. More than half of the league is under .500 yet we havent beaten any of the .500 or better teams we faced. We can only play our schedule right? We have to beat those teams. 

We just had a poster earlier trying to discredit the Panthers 13-0 record by saying that they arguably had a weaker schedule. How can you discredit a team that BEAT the teams they were supposed to beat? Thats the difference here. Its great that we're in the mix, but to not face the fact is ignoring the fact. 

We should be beating these teams bro. We shouldnt be playing down to their level, we shouldnt need Tom Coughlin to make a boneheaded mistake in order to win. We're either better than those teams or we're not. No matter what anyone wants to say about the Panthers or Cam, one thing that they cant say is that any of those 13 teams were better than them on that particular Sunday. 

It is absolutely discrediting them.  They were down by double digits to the G-men and came back to tie it  in regulation and win it in overtime.  They were not awarded an automatic 10 points for Coughlin's decision so I'll give the credit to them instead of the Giants.

Not to you. Thats the way you want to see it. Why argue with you. I'd rather let you have it. 

LOL..."let me have it"

It's like you're Coughlin and I"m the Jets....you just gave it to me.

This is not about the Jets being discredited because other teams played weak schedules, this is about the Jets not beating these teams period. More than half of the league is under .500 yet we havent beaten any of the .500 or better teams we faced and lost to a few below .500 teams. We can only play our schedule right? We have to beat those teams. 

We've only played one winning team. So by your logic we should be 13-1 in order to be legit?

Archived