NFL wants the Steelers in

BowlesMovement

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was last week. they only needed week 17. in fact this dragged out the drama and bolsters the argument pro, not con 

oy

no NFL game has ever been decided by a ref

every single one is decided by blocking and tackling, ball handling and heart and effort and will to win

the jets weren't good enough today, no excuses, paranoid theories or bullsh*t

the sooner you all accept that the better off you will be

oy

every single one is decided by blocking and tackling, ball handling and heart and effort and will to win

yeah, I disagree. The NFL games are games of inches, refs have a huge influence on many games

oy

I Have to disagree. While  i dont think the league has some vast conspiracy, the referees are very bad at what they do. They will throw a flag because a QB or some diva receiver whines hard enough. The PI calls are made up. Fake. Imaginary. And that minimizes the defensive side of the ball. And I do not buy into the argument that if they are sh*tty to both teams it's all good in the end. I don't buy it because it's not true. 

Again, there is no conspiracy, but the league has a huge officiating problem. Making the refs full time employees instead of the weekend warriors that they literally are would be a start. 

I think it's more to do with owners than anyone else.  Yes I honestly think they have an idea of who they want to win.  Wasn't always that way but with the power that Pitt, NE, and the NYG are the most powerful owners in the game and have been for the past 15 years.  How many teams other than NE, Pitt, and the NYG have won SBs the past 15 years?  These teams are not any where near as dominant as the 49ers of the 80s and Cowboys in the 90s.  

Aside from "giving" a SB to the city of New Orleans, and a one time win by Seattle, who else wins other than the Power Group of Owners??

i know Woody has been an admirable owner but he is not part of the power triangle of NYG/NE/PItt.

I think it's more to do with owners than anyone else.  Yes I honestly think they have an idea of who they want to win.  Wasn't always that way but with the power that Pitt, NE, and the NYG are the most powerful owners in the game and have been for the past 15 years.  How many teams other than NE, Pitt, and the NYG have won SBs the past 15 years?  These teams are not any where near as dominant as the 49ers of the 80s and Cowboys in the 90s.  

Aside from "giving" a SB to the city of New Orleans, and a one time win by Seattle, who else wins other than the Power Group of Owners??

i know Woody has been an admirable owner but he is not part of the power triangle of NYG/NE/PItt.

So the other 26-28 (business) owners just lay down and take it? They're clueless? What?

Do those teams win because they have powerful owners or are those owners powerful because they know how to win?

I Have to disagree. While  i dont think the league has some vast conspiracy, the referees are very bad at what they do. They will throw a flag because a QB or some diva receiver whines hard enough. The PI calls are made up. Fake. Imaginary. And that minimizes the defensive side of the ball. And I do not buy into the argument that if they are sh*tty to both teams it's all good in the end. I don't buy it because it's not true. 

Again, there is no conspiracy, but the league has a huge officiating problem. Making the refs full time employees instead of the weekend warriors that they literally are would be a start. 

I think you've hit it. People have been calling refs "blind" (or worse) since the beginning of sport. It isn't evidence of a conspiracy, it's evidence that human beings are fallible, especially in a fast paced game struggling with reversing perceptions of safety issues like the NFL. There is also some memory bias at play. Everyone remembers the time it rained on an important day or they caught that long red light when running late to a big meeting, because the consequences (not the event itself) were memorable. No one remembers all the green lights they hit. Similarly, because we remember the "bad" calls that hurt the Jets more vividly, we believe those events are more common than the Jets getting "good" calls. Especially since as fans we are inclined to believe that calls that help the Jets are earned or legitimate and calls that hurt the Jets are "bad" or missed calls.

I think you've hit it. People have been calling refs "blind" (or worse) since the beginning of sport. It isn't evidence of a conspiracy, it's evidence that human beings are fallible, especially in a fast paced game struggling with reversing perceptions of safety issues like the NFL. There is also some memory bias at play. Everyone remembers the time it rained on an important day or they caught that long red light when running late to a big meeting, because the consequences (not the event itself) were memorable. No one remembers all the green lights they hit. Similarly, because we remember the "bad" calls that hurt the Jets more vividly, we believe those events are more common than the Jets getting "good" calls. Especially since as fans we are inclined to believe that calls that help the Jets are earned or legitimate and calls that hurt the Jets are "bad" or missed calls.

Youre rright, human beings at work here. Mistakes will happen. I just have a huge issue with phantom calls. Some calls I see and I can only conclude the ref is either incompetent or on the take. Incompetent is more likely. Although let's not pretend that that Tim Doneghey thing didn't happen. 

Also, the media is complicite in this.  The holding or PI call on Revis today to start the 2nd half was made up and the ball was 20 feet over his head. Yet I have Asshat Dan Fouts saying 'yep, yeah right there he grabbed him'. No, he didn't. You're a liar covering for a liar, Dan.

I guess what i want is some sort of vetting and  some consequences for poor officiating. None of us should know any refs names but we do. Theres a very bad reason why we do. 

Youre rright, human beings at work here. Mistakes will happen. I just have a huge issue with phantom calls. Some calls I see and I can only conclude the ref is either incompetent or on the take. Incompetent is more likely. Although let's not pretend that that Tim Doneghey thing didn't happen. 

Also, the media is complicite in this.  The holding or PI call on Revis today to start the 2nd half was made up and the ball was 20 feet over his head. Yet I have Asshat Dan Fouts saying 'yep, yeah right there he grabbed him'. No, he didn't. You're a liar covering for a liar, Dan.

I guess what i want is some sort of vetting and  some consequences for poor officiating. None of us should know any refs names but we do. Theres a very bad reason why we do. 

I agree that the "subjective" calls are frustrating. By definition they depend on a human being's gut reaction to something that happens for a fraction of a second. It is pretty clear refs are under general guidance to "throw the flag when in doubt" due to aforementioned safety issues and probably also a perception that people like to see scoreboards blinking like pinball games in an era of fantasy football.

This all makes sense now. The NFL was behind 9/11. They were testing super thermite for the super bowl halftime fireworks shows. They figure if super thermite could melt steel beams, what a friggin fireworks display it must be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure human beings at work, but if you really watch the games, it goes deeper than that. Many times when the refs blow a call, they will have a make up call, a holding at a key spot the other way, a questionable PI or roughing the passer, etc. The NFL has a major flaw however in how they "chose" to call holding, or not to call holding in a particular game. Or how they "chose" to let the DB's play, or not play in a particular game.

If people want to chalk it up to incompetence, knock yourselves out, hey, there probably is a lot of incompetence. But when I see 2 blatant hold after blatant hold in key spots being ignored, when they led to a big play, and then I see ticky tack penalties going the other way, its more than just incompetence to me. If the NFL wanted to fix this "problem" they would, for a league that has as much money as they do, this would be an easy fix, they "chose" not to fix it. 

Sure human beings at work, but if you really watch the games, it goes deeper than that. Many times when the refs blow a call, they will have a make up call, a holding at a key spot the other way, a questionable PI or roughing the passer, etc. The NFL has a major flaw however in how they "chose" to call holding, or not to call holding in a particular game. Or how they "chose" to let the DB's play, or not play in a particular game.

If people want to chalk it up to incompetence, knock yourselves out, hey, there probably is a lot of incompetence. But when I see 2 blatant hold after blatant hold in key spots being ignored, when they led to a big play, and then I see ticky tack penalties going the other way, its more than just incompetence to me. If the NFL wanted to fix this "problem" they would, for a league that has as much money as they do, this would be an easy fix, they "chose" not to fix it. 

Who can argue with your feelings and an unassailable position based solely upon anecdotal evidence and justifiable disappointment at a painful loss?

Out of curiosity, who was in on the Jets side of this fix?  

Was Fitz the conspirator with the NFL to throw the game?  Is that why he had 3 straight INT's?

BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodell planted a bomb on Harvard yard radioed into his headset: throw picks or else 200 know-it-alls get it!

Was Fitz the conspirator with the NFL to throw the game?  Is that why he had 3 straight INT's?

how do you explain the obviously horrible defemsive gameplan and no adjustments to it even tjough every fan wass screaming the same thing

how do you explain the obviously horrible defemsive gameplan and no adjustments to it even tjough every fan wass screaming the same thing

Rookie HC lacking the experience and self confidence to tear up a carefully constructed game plan in favour of a spontaneous adjustment with the season on the line

Who can argue with your feelings and an unassailable position based solely upon anecdotal evidence and justifiable disappointment at a painful loss?

Bills fans?

How is that message board cred today yo? Riding high?

You go home and tell your wife and kid about it? "Yo Baby, my Jets message board cred is so high baby, you should be so proud!"

Keeps your ego up? LOL, painful loss, disappointment, sure, over a Jets game. Painful losses are reserved for loved ones, and important things in life, not the Jets, but I bet yo cred is way up high, to the sky, yo, ask the Bills fans.

It was not a fix, it was Karma, because of all the meany mean Rex threads everyone posted here. God and the universe love Rex, so this was our payback.

Bills fans?

How is that message board cred today yo? Riding high?

You go home and tell your wife and kid about it? "Yo Baby, my Jets message board cred is so high baby, you should be so proud!"

Keeps your ego up? LOL, painful loss, disappointment, sure, over a Jets game. Painful losses are reserved for loved ones, and important things in life, not the Jets, but I bet yo cred is way up high, to the sky, yo, ask the Bills fans.

Can you translate this into human, please?

Can you translate this into human, please?

Sorry, I thought people who are really into message board credibility spoke Ebonics, so I was trying to speak your language.

Different question for you. I have been thinking about spending less time on work and with my family to pursue more Jets message board credibility and Bills fan post approval.

Before I do this, can you give me some of the big advantages and rewards you get for achieving that status? 

And finally, would you recommend I follow in your footsteps?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I thought people who are really into message board credibility spoke Ebonics, so I was trying to speak your language.

Different question for you. I have been thinking about spending less time on work and with my family to pursue more Jets message board credibility and Bills fan post approval.

Before I do this, can you give me some of the big advantages and rewards you get for achieving that status? 

And finally, would you recommend I follow in your footsteps?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for confirming you're devoid of substance. Have you made good on your threat (that concerned no one, much to your bitter disappointment) to quit the forum yet?

Archived