NFL wants the Steelers in

BowlesMovement

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2014/01/30/super-bowl-nfl-revenue-denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks/5061197/

The future

The NFL declined to release financial data, but an estimate of its revenue can be pieced together through various sources by economists and market researchers. That $10 billion pie is roughly sliced four ways, according to Navigate Research, a Chicago-based firm that specializes in the evaluation of sports and entertainment marketing investments.

• About $5 billion from media and television rights to broadcast games.
  • About $1-2 billion in sponsorships, such as its long-running deal with PepsiCo, worth about $90 million to $100 million per year.
  • About $2 billion related to attendance and ticket sales.
  • About $1 billion in merchandise and licensing.

Growing to $25 billion annually will require compound annual growth of about 7 percent, around $1 billion per year.

CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN provide the NFL with a total of about $5 billion to $6 billion annually from contracts that run through 2021-22. By 2027, Navigate Research predicts such media rights revenues could reach $17 billion.

That ambitious projection assumes that live NFL games will continue to be a golden goose for networks and their advertisers for one major reason: NFL games are one of the few remaining programs that huge audiences want to watch live instead of recording to watch later – fast-forwarding through the commercials that companies pay millions to air.

"We are firm believers that there is nothing more valuable in the world of TV than the NFL – nothing," said Michael Nathanson, a media analyst at MoffettNathanson, a stock research firm that specializes in the media and telecommunications industries. "Their ability to get to $25 billion is kind of predicated on the staying power of the product. I think they're going to ask for whatever they need to from their broadcast partners, their cable partners."

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/09/14/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Fantasy-sports-NFL.aspx

Daily fantasy companies DraftKings and FanDuel have created the fastest-growing ad sales category in sports TV by far and one that has added more than $200 million in ad sales revenue for the NFL’s network partners: CBS, ESPN, Fox, NBC and NFL Network.

if you are planing on tripling a $10 billion dollar a year business $200 million is nice, but not going to get you to 25 billion

the NFL is an eyes business.  getting a NY area market team in is more eyes for them

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2014/01/30/super-bowl-nfl-revenue-denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks/5061197/

The future

The NFL declined to release financial data, but an estimate of its revenue can be pieced together through various sources by economists and market researchers. That $10 billion pie is roughly sliced four ways, according to Navigate Research, a Chicago-based firm that specializes in the evaluation of sports and entertainment marketing investments.

• About $5 billion from media and television rights to broadcast games.
  • About $1-2 billion in sponsorships, such as its long-running deal with PepsiCo, worth about $90 million to $100 million per year.
  • About $2 billion related to attendance and ticket sales.
  • About $1 billion in merchandise and licensing.

Growing to $25 billion annually will require compound annual growth of about 7 percent, around $1 billion per year.

CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN provide the NFL with a total of about $5 billion to $6 billion annually from contracts that run through 2021-22. By 2027, Navigate Research predicts such media rights revenues could reach $17 billion.

That ambitious projection assumes that live NFL games will continue to be a golden goose for networks and their advertisers for one major reason: NFL games are one of the few remaining programs that huge audiences want to watch live instead of recording to watch later – fast-forwarding through the commercials that companies pay millions to air.

"We are firm believers that there is nothing more valuable in the world of TV than the NFL – nothing," said Michael Nathanson, a media analyst at MoffettNathanson, a stock research firm that specializes in the media and telecommunications industries. "Their ability to get to $25 billion is kind of predicated on the staying power of the product. I think they're going to ask for whatever they need to from their broadcast partners, their cable partners."

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/09/14/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Fantasy-sports-NFL.aspx

Daily fantasy companies DraftKings and FanDuel have created the fastest-growing ad sales category in sports TV by far and one that has added more than $200 million in ad sales revenue for the NFL’s network partners: CBS, ESPN, Fox, NBC and NFL Network.

if you are planing on tripling a $10 billion dollar a year business $200 million is nice, but not going to get you to 25 billion

the NFL is an eyes business.  getting a NY area market team in is more eyes for them

you are completely missing the point, it has nothing to do with DFS revenue

you are completely missing the point, it has nothing to do with DFS revenue

if I'm playing a daily league I can literally win money with any team, any week, right ?

browns vs titans, I can get paid right ?

why the **** would I care if the player plays for an iconic franchise, and why the **** would the NFL fix it that way ?

if I'm playing a daily league I can literally win money with any team, any week, right ?

why the **** would I care if the player plays for an iconic franchise, and why the **** would the NFL fix it that way ?

ask Mike Pereira, I honestly don't care what anyone else wants to believe. I never wanted to believe it either, but what I saw this season plus the puzzle pieces have me convinced.

and if you thing people get jazzed up to play DFS Browns vs Titans this argument is not worth having

ask Mike Pereira, I honestly don't care what anyone else wants to believe. I never wanted to believe it either, but what I saw this season plus the puzzle pieces have me convinced.

and if you thing people get jazzed up to play DFS Browns vs Titans this argument is not worth having

Since when did Mike Pereira become god-like? Speaking of "puzzle pieces", would it not have been beneficial for the NFL to kick us out of the season by losing to Pats or Giants rather than OT victories? I heard Pereira was also selling a bridge. You might wanna check that out.

so with the giants out, the NFL decided to give the NYC area market nothing to cheer for ?

the NFL makes most of its money on advertising revenues

if they had the call it would be all the major tv markets in the playoffs

Yeah, I'm trying to see what the NFL gets out of all this. And I'd take a guess that the guy who owns Johnson and Johnson has some cheddar to throw Goodell's way.

soild analysis

Since when did Mike Pereira become god-like? Speaking of "puzzle pieces", would it not have been beneficial for the NFL to kick us out of the season by losing to Pats or Giants rather than OT victories? I heard Pereira was also selling a bridge. You might wanna check that out.

This is like arguing with your wife that you didn't mean anything when you hesitated after she asked whether you liked her new dress. It is pointless to attempt to argue logic against a hormonal angry emotional person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well then the NFL has big balls to have the steelers lose to the ravens lololololololololol

Manufactured drama! When Goodell called in "Red Zone Pick" to fitzpatrick's helmet I saw a tear in Ryan's eye. But since the NFL keeps players' loved ones in a room with a gun at their head to keep the players from refusing to carry out the conspiracy, he had no choice but to throw the pick and pray the defender didn't drop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its as simple as that. Its a fixed garbage league, not sure why I care so much anymore, its total BS

It's true. They show them in the Phila broadcast region which is 8 hours away! Because, ratings. We all know it's fixed garbage yet we can't tear ourselves away.

The gameplan sure looked like it was fixed to lose - but yet Bowles reaction (first time ever seen him angry) whenever Watkins made a YAC did not look fixed one bit! It's perplexing 

well then the NFL has big balls to have the steelers lose to the ravens lololololololololol

that was last week. they only needed week 17. in fact this dragged out the drama and bolsters the argument pro, not con 

that was last week. they only needed week 17. in fact this dragged out the drama and bolsters the argument pro, not con 

The CIA should hire the NFL. This is the biggest, most scandalous, most far reaching conspiracy EVER PERPETRATED and the NFL has somehow kept it quiet. 

ehhh, I'm not saying that this is all in every player and team fixed, I'm saying the refs do the best they can to steer certain games in the direction their told to. Players still paly, coaches still coach

lol, how about the millennials?

They are undoubtedly disavowing you as we speak. You are histrionic and hyper-emotional even by their standards. Although the fake-quit was a nice millennial move... as if anyone gives 2 turds on a summer day whether you take your ball and go home. Clearly you figured this out by our collective yawn. Because here you are.

now your boring me, I know you get your only thrills in life arguing with people in a jets message board, but your honestly boring the fk out of me now

Yeah it is boring to be reminded of what you really are. If you don't like it, just make good on your fake-quit threat. Although after last night's loss it's pretty obvious we won't be that lucky.

Yeah it is boring to be reminded of what you really are. If you don't like it, just make good on your fake-quit threat. Although after last night's loss it's pretty obvious we won't be that lucky.

dude, you really need to stop drinking, if u really have a 6 year old in the house, your not in a safe state

Archived