Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

Absurd push at you.  lol

Would it have been absurd if it was someone else?

There was zero twisting, I took it how I read it.  That's all.

Your reaction was interesting though.  You went to straight pissy attach mode.  Very omgus.

Sweetie, it was absurd enough that it garnered only confusion from the players that even bothered to comment on it *patpat*

Speaking of omgus... you turned on me the second I started suspecting you so..... sure... I omgused you. interesting story.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you ******* insane?

You only think I'm scum when we are both town, as if it's possible for you to think I'm scum when you are scum and I am town

+ You now think I'm scum  because you not thinking I'm scum means I have to be scum, yet now that you do think I'm scum logically you should revert too thinking I'm town (since I'm no longer scum for being too town) , but once you think I'm town, we revert to the first rule that I must be scum since you think I am town,  and then scum again, and town , etc etc )  ... in this insane illogical infinite loop you've created.

And you wonder why most of the game is ignoring you, get it together fruit loops

Every game in which I've spent days trying sew all your pings together to prove you are scum, you end up town. 

All the games in which I trust you, you end up ******* me, because you're scum.

I'm trying to get out ahead of the curve on it.

Sweetie, it was absurd enough that it garnered only confusion from the players that even bothered to comment on it *patpat*

Speaking of omgus... you turned on me the second I started suspecting you so..... sure... I omgused you. interesting story.

That's his scum m.o. Been saying it since D1.

you are sooooo thin skinned and insecure about what your internet friends perceive about you it's extremely pathetic and I actually feel compassion to the absolute tool you have become. 

Perhaps I should start playing from the delivery room. That would prove I'm not insecure and seeking approval.

Amiright?

I think the true issue here is that from one game, to the next, your thin skin hasn't allowed you to get over the insults I hurl at you. Now, you spend your game trying to prove to everyone else that you can burn me back... except, you're too stupid, have taken it too personal and have become too petty.

Sorry.

Perhaps I should start playing from the delivery room. That would prove I'm not insecure and seeking approval.

Amiright?

I think the true issue here is that from one game, to the next, your thin skin hasn't allowed you to get over the insults I hurl at you. Now, you spend your game trying to prove to everyone else that you can burn me back... except, you're too stupid, have taken it too personal and have become too petty.

Sorry.

thanks for proving my point. Mentioning my family proving that you can't distinguish the difference between a game and real life was a nice touch. Re read JiF's post and wake up and smell the roses. you're a douche. 

thanks for proving my point. Mentioning my family proving that you can't distinguish the difference between a game and real life was a nice touch. Re read JiF's post and wake up and smell the roses. you're a douche. 

LOL, good lord... I have no problem distinguishing between the games and real life... and I don't view this as "bringing your family into it". I didn't say anything disparaging about them, nor would I. Ever. I'm sure your child is a blessing and your wife a saint. I referenced something you did in a past game to illustrate your own insecurities and need for acceptance. Of course you it's lost on you... you can apply whatever meaning you're insecure about to it, I guess. 

Frankly, it's all I could think of, because you're so redundant and unmemorable.

There's no gamesmanship in the way you're attacking me. It's personal, and it's your issue with me. You aren't any different with me outside of games, so to me, there's nothing to distinguish between life/game when it comes to you. For a long while now, you seem to be trying hard to prove a point to someone... yourself? The other mafia players? I don't know, but it's quite clear "showing up the Ape" has become some weird exhibition you are putting on for acceptance.

I think it's become quite clear... I broke one of my rules. 

Some of us have learned over the years that going full doosh in these games needs to be reserved for those who can take it. You cannot. You came into your first game, tried to fit in by mimicking guys like Pac and CTM, without building mutual accord, and when it got dished back your way, you never let it go. I should have put you in the "can't take it" category right away, but didn't. I will going forward... you have thinner skin and hold bigger grudges than anyone in recent memory.

In the meantime, let's not completely ruin the game. I don't mind you fixating on me as part of your strategy, but make it about the game. All you're doing is making personal remarks, and apparently you aren't equipped for a similar retaliation. If you'd like to proceed insult-free, and just make it about the game, then I am up to the task. 

And in general, whatever I may have done to put the bug up your ass, I apologize for it.

Vote Count

JiF (4) - Ape, CTM, 80, Smash
80 (3) - Nyn , JiF, Verbal
Nol (1) - JC
Ape (1) - Lizzie
Lizzie (1) - Pac
No Lynch (1) - Nol

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

vote 80

Not sure what a policy lynch is but it seems suspect to me.  Why would scum vote themselves?

Unvote vote 80

Unvote, vote 80

Time to Hammer 80's ass I said I could do either him or JIF so 80 its is

Unvote Hammer 80 please

I was in favor of JC lynch, between his weird behavior and the fact that he was part of this poop. I just have a hard time believing that we had 4 people move that quickly move to 80 and it not being heavily scum influenced, so these 4 + jif is where i think we should look. I'm not sure what we can learn from JC's wagon cause he seemed to have a death wish, i'm still surprised he was town frankly.

Of the remaining

Smash has now hammered two townies.

Jif was the ultimate beneficiary of this run and made probably the most scummy post of the entire game (which is why i was voting him day 1 and intended to vote him day 2)

Lizzie I honestly don't have a clue, he's been basically obsessed with the ape which might be a way of hiding in plain site (lots of posts that people end up skimming cause who really reads in a detailed way the ape vs anyone slap fights)

Ballin it's hard to say as a noob, i don't have a good feel either way.

I retired Batman last season.  Maybe you forgot, just like you've apparently forgot my meta.

JC makes a ton of sense to me right now.  obvi

Smash for following that b.s.

Nyn for what I said earlier and her overall lack of participation.  

Liz was all over the place, came out swinging and has disappeared.  

Okay.

I'm assuming that if scum shot Crusher it was because he is impossible to get lynched, and because it would create a WIFOM around whether or not his death was to frame you... since everyone always says "Crusher got dead, he always reads JIF well, JIF must've done it".

Trust me too, I haven't forgotten your meta - I may be wrong - but I know your meta, you may just be town overlapping with your normal scum tells. It happens, and I won't apologize for catching it, or for when I do it myself. Which I do. 

unvote
vote JC

He's at the front end of my list, obviously. Game ain't going anywhere as long as he's allowed to coast, and with JIF and I drowning out everything else.

I don't love Ape quoting Jif, agreeing and then following him on to JC. This after making the post below saying he's never been more convinced Jif is scum. He also earlier had some idea that Jif was super rolled and scum was protecting him, I think that was smash. It would seem to me that Jif voting JC might have given him some pause in voting JC, if he was so convinced Jif is scum

Further he claims to be this big influential player but can't gain any traction on Jif. I'm beginning to think scum team might be Ape/Jif/Lizzie, flooding the thread with inane bickering, nobody can accuse them of not giving content, but everybody basically skimming the sh*t out of them.

Never lied. You just tried to make it look that way.

Connect the dots is something I used to do as a townie, and did on D1 to see how people reacted. JIF as a scum hunter can sense a reaction test.

You're spinning the "reeked" part of the 80 lynch. I said 80 was a good lynch, meaning a good death. The train reeked. Major spin from you here.

I haven't cased anyone on a joke vote. That's a lie.

I didn't ingore JC's play. I have several responses to it, the re-read posts were helping frame all of my suspicion in case JC's play was successful. In other words, that whole re-read was PROMPTED by JC's play. The complete oppostive of ignoring it. Again, spin from you.

I haven't based anything on false meta. You're doing that. Another lie from you.

My contradictions aren't a scum tell. This is false meta, from you.

No, I'm not using you changing position as guilt. That's got nothing to do with my case. Again, lies and spin.

I've never been so convinced you are scum. 

Oh, here is the kicker by the way... every time I am scum, and JIF is town, I use him to destroy the town with his horrific townie play. Why would I dedicate myself, if I'm scum, to going after just him for 2 straight day phases?

Vote for JIF, you dumb ****s.

Who are your top scum reads at current? Town reads?

i have no real town reads atm, although Pac would probably be most town to me

I'm null on you, nolderp, ballin, verbal

leery of Ape, Lizzie

scum lean on smash, jif

I've been away since Friday noonish and the game has been surprisingly active, so I need re read some of the folks I'm null on

LOL, good lord... I have no problem distinguishing between the games and real life... and I don't view this as "bringing your family into it". I didn't say anything disparaging about them, nor would I. Ever. I'm sure your child is a blessing and your wife a saint. I referenced something you did in a past game to illustrate your own insecurities and need for acceptance. Of course you it's lost on you... you can apply whatever meaning you're insecure about to it, I guess. 

Frankly, it's all I could think of, because you're so redundant and unmemorable.

There's no gamesmanship in the way you're attacking me. It's personal, and it's your issue with me. You aren't any different with me outside of games, so to me, there's nothing to distinguish between life/game when it comes to you. For a long while now, you seem to be trying hard to prove a point to someone... yourself? The other mafia players? I don't know, but it's quite clear "showing up the Ape" has become some weird exhibition you are putting on for acceptance.

I think it's become quite clear... I broke one of my rules. 

Some of us have learned over the years that going full doosh in these games needs to be reserved for those who can take it. You cannot. You came into your first game, tried to fit in by mimicking guys like Pac and CTM, without building mutual accord, and when it got dished back your way, you never let it go. I should have put you in the "can't take it" category right away, but didn't. I will going forward... you have thinner skin and hold bigger grudges than anyone in recent memory.

In the meantime, let's not completely ruin the game. I don't mind you fixating on me as part of your strategy, but make it about the game. All you're doing is making personal remarks, and apparently you aren't equipped for a similar retaliation. If you'd like to proceed insult-free, and just make it about the game, then I am up to the task. 

And in general, whatever I may have done to put the bug up your ass, I apologize for it.

haha my god it's like your a sociopath...you just lie with impunity..you can't point to a single instance in recent memory outside of Mafia that I interacted with you at all because I have barely been on the board all season.. Then you take aim at that imaginary scenario and just unload on it...you're a piece of work buddy. Go find those interactions Ace I'm waiting

And as for following who's following who around? Bringing up a couple pot shots I took at you three years ago... You sound sore 

anyway I still think you're scum so, in the absence of anyone else lifting a finger in this game, I'm sticking with you. Sorry to chap your ass, and gfy

Caught up, here are my thoughts.

Ok rereading the game and commenting as I go along to form some clearer thoughts on people.

A quick train formed on 80 which Jif promptly jumped off. Null for now because it could either be he wanted to jump off his teammate or was uncomfortable with such a fast train building. Verbal called it out so point to him. 

Bally says this is his first game but knows terms like meta. He explained this by saying he read up on how to play. Fair enough but in that case I think he doesn't get the newbie pass post D1, maybe D2. Trial by fire.

Ping on LK for backing off a D1 Ape lynch. Just didn't feel sincere.

Ape seems to have it out for Jetscode.

Quick train on Verbal.

Bally calls Verb out for burying his vote on me. Votes him putting him at L-3.

Nyn saying she likes some of LK's posts and didn't like some of 80's.

Ape giving me a "duh it's stupid, I just wanted to see who would follow me on it" response in regards to running up Jetscode. Don't think I buy it tbh.

Nyn taking criticisms sitting down. Just because they're fair doesn't mean these aren't scum out to get you Nyn. Treat them as sharks until you know they're dolphins. No fear.

Don't like Ape voting Smash over his emo fit. Feels like something he could have hashed out without voting. Maybe a way to bury his vote before deadline at EOD1.

Decent observation on Crusher by CTM.

At first I thought Jif was right and that Ape lied but it's really just a trick of how you read it. And if you look closely he says "no" because you think he's town. The placement of those quotation marks is important. I don't think I agree with what Ape is saying but I can also tell Jif's thing about him lying is miscommunication. Possibly intentional. And honestly I don't see Jif/Ape doing this on purpose as teammates so I'm concluding here and now that they are not mafia together.

Ok continuing with the Ape/Jif thing Jif completely abandoned rational argument and kept replying with LAL even though Ape explained how Jif was wrong. Jif continually goaded him until Ape voted and then dropped an OMGUS line. I want to say this is just trolling but I think maybe Jif got caught with his pants down and didn't know how to cover it up.

LK dead on about the AtE. Even though I don't think that was Ape's intention that's what it was.

Ape at L-3. Train composing of Emo Smash, CTM (wtf?), Pantsless Jif, and Dumb Lizard.
CTM jumps in and says he was feeling town on Ape until some post but if that's true then why the hell was he voting for him? I went back to see why he voted Ape and it was a joke vote from page 2. Smash voted on page 1. This Ape thing went down around page 20. That's a serious lack of vote mobility and possibly scum hunting by Smash and CTM.

CTM backing away from the Ape train and saying Ape had a meltdown. I've seen Ape meltdowns both real and contrived. This was no meltdown so categorising it as such stinks. Also don't like the appealing nature of the unvote. "Going to unvote temporarily, but i'm more then happy to move back there after seeing others way in"

Ape continues to muck around in the mud taking shots from LK, Smash, etc. Ape tries to be reasonble and disengage while laying on thick guilt. Smash responds with more wall of text mucking. Jif says he likes Ape now and doesn't like Smash. Smash breaks the drama to say he agrees with Ape on Jif. CTM comes out of nowhere with a vote on Jif. Then Smash votes Jif. Jif self votes putting him no where near being lynched. Lot of backpeddling going on I think.

80 votes Jif and Jif unvotes himself and votes 80 saying it was a trap.

CTM and Verbal nudging an 80 train without voting.

Now CTM is down for Jif or 80. Is Ape still out of his radar because of the supposed meltdown that never happened? 

Bally votes 80 because policy lynch sounds suspect to him. I want to NOT give him a pass for this but I'm going to anyway because there's really no way to prove he didn't know what a policy lynch is or that it's not worth voting someone over neccsarrily. 

LK and JC come in and vote 80 with no further commentary. Bad.

Weird that 80 was in Ape's "trifecta" but he kept his vote on Jif as the 80 train built to a hammer.

I don't like Ape framing 80's inclusion as an "expirment".

CTM holding to his new Ape is town position while admonishing him for changing his position. You'd think that would make him scummy in CTM's eyes but I guess not.

Jif back to goading and sniping Ape.

LK opening D2 with a vote on Ape for...a high vote count? He really is the worst.

Bally saying he's making observations based off what he knows. I want to know exactly what it is that he knows.

Ape says mafia most likely composed of: JC, Verbal, Jif, Bally, Nyn.

Pac is a bitch but his reads are decent. Weird that I am in his Tier 1 even though all I've done is lurk. You'd think people who have played badly (Jif) would be ahead of someone who lurks.

Nyn comes in after Pac and provides some thoughts. The reads are ok but I wish there was more meat to them. She says what she's thinking about players but not why. Pac's reads were short but you could tell why he thought what he was thinking.

Verbal challenging Ape based on Ape agreeing with Verbal but then saying he's not pusing cases. I don't know what's wrong with that. Verbal can think X is scummy and the proceed to vote Y and Ape can agree about X but argue Verbal is not pushing his reads. IDK since I don't recall who Verbal has pushed on but I can see what Ape is doing as valid so I don't see where Verbal is coming from here.

Still more Ape/Jif. At this point I admit I'm not reading the posts. I get the gist of it they're just arguing to argue any point either one had has already been made. Smash and CTM sniping on the sidelines. Funny how Smash always seems to come out of the woodworks when Jif and Ape get going.

Train builds on JC for holding the game hostage. I agree, the softclaim was almost as awful as the disappearing act.

JC refuses to claim and seals his fate as LK and then CTM drop the final votes. Smash comes in for a post hammer vote which did not look legit. I have to echo CTM's earlier sentiments, could they be this transparent?

Post lynch banter then a long post by Ape coming to the same conclusions he already came to.

LK blames Ape for JC lynch even though it was entirely justifiable due to the soft claim. Which iirc Pac was the one that really pushed the train mid day not Ape but I'd have to double check to be sure. Regardless the lynch was legit even if the people on it might not have been.

Nyn makes a post naming Jif and Bally as her top suspects. I like that this post has more meat and isn't barebones like the last post. I think she's found her focus.

CTM defends his vote on JC and gives some reads. Feels like he might be distancing his partners in Jif and Smash but if that is the case he's been doing it for awhile and I'm inclined to believe him until they are dead and the game is still going.

Several people giving Bally benefit of the doubt. IMHO D3 is where that needs to end. He may be a noob but he wont learn if he's treated like glass. If we lynch him we need to be clear about why he's being lynched or he'll never learn.

In short;

JiF - Needs to be lynched. Scum imo.
Verbal - Not done much of anything good or bad. Buried his vote on me which was scummy imo.
Ape - Expending a great deal of effort on morons who enjoy heckling him. Town.
Nyn - Town. Think she's just busy and out of it but she's made efforts to improve. If I condemn her I have to condemn myself and I know I'm town.
CTM - Kind of torn. He did the same things I'm sussing Jif and Smash for early on but he distanced himself later. If he's alive towards endgame lynch him imo.
Bally - Noob. Like his snark but he's not helping much and his cases are...well they're noobish and weak. He's trying though. I think he'll have to be lynched soon regardless.
Smash - Needs to be lynched. Scum imo. Might have given him a break since D1 ain't his game but he hasn't improved since.
Pac - Hate his new style but can't argue with the substance of his reads and actions. Townie imo otherwise he'd join in on the Ape heckling.
Lizzie - Town. Think he just hasn't improved much since he started playing. Prone to severe paranoia and weird as hell cases imo.

haha my god it's like your a sociopath...you just lie with impunity..you can't point to a single instance in recent memory outside of Mafia that I interacted with you at all because I have barely been on the board all season.. Then you take aim at that imaginary scenario and just unload on it...you're a piece of work buddy. Go find those interactions Ace I'm waiting

And as for following who's following who around? Bringing up a couple pot shots I took at you three years ago... You sound sore 

anyway I still think you're scum so, in the absence of anyone else lifting a finger in this game, I'm sticking with you. Sorry to chap your ass, and gfy

Classy way to take an undeserved apology and move on. At this point I can't even be mean to you, and I won't indulge this further, it's not fair to thè others... you've clearly got something wrong with you.

Good recaps Nolder.

some quick hits:

i still think people missed that I didn't actually vote for myself. Not sure if you picked up on that...

CTM has suggested in town throughout, as you seemed to notice. Now he's casing me after I put him in my top 3.

jif bickering with me to drown me out when I catch him as scum is a tell for him.

verb. Scum nudges. I get your question, but it wasn't as simple as you put it. It was manipulating, not hunting.

You're right. I've indulged too much in mud slinging. My bad. 

Good recaps Nolder.

some quick hits:

i still think people missed that I didn't actually vote for myself. Not sure if you picked up on that...

CTM has suggested in town throughout, as you seemed to notice. Now he's casing me after I put him in my top 3.

jif bickering with me to drown me out when I catch him as scum is a tell for him.

verb. Scum nudges. I get your question, but it wasn't as simple as you put it. It was manipulating, not hunting.

You're right. I've indulged too much in mud slinging. My bad. 

Either that or Jc flipped town so it's time to reevaluate.  But, yea, lets calls it OMGUS now that you have me listed third on your list out of what 8 people.

Also, if I were casing you you'd know it

In short;

JiF - Needs to be lynched. Scum imo.
Verbal - Not done much of anything good or bad. Buried his vote on me which was scummy imo.
Ape - Expending a great deal of effort on morons who enjoy heckling him. Town.
Nyn - Town. Think she's just busy and out of it but she's made efforts to improve. If I condemn her I have to condemn myself and I know I'm town.
CTM - Kind of torn. He did the same things I'm sussing Jif and Smash for early on but he distanced himself later. If he's alive towards endgame lynch him imo.
Bally - Noob. Like his snark but he's not helping much and his cases are...well they're noobish and weak. He's trying though. I think he'll have to be lynched soon regardless.
Smash - Needs to be lynched. Scum imo. Might have given him a break since D1 ain't his game but he hasn't improved since.
Pac - Hate his new style but can't argue with the substance of his reads and actions. Townie imo otherwise he'd join in on the Ape heckling.
Lizzie - Town. Think he just hasn't improved much since he started playing. Prone to severe paranoia and weird as hell cases imo.

I agree with your top 2 completely.

Either that or Jc flipped town so it's time to reevaluate.  But, yea, lets calls it OMGUS now that you have me listed third on your list out of what 8 people.

Also, if I were casing you you'd know it

lol, i just pee'd down my leg a little...

I'm not going to get into the over-exaggeration of how many people I've listed. JIF is my #1 for 2 straight days... and all you can talk about is how I'm listing 957 people.

I lost my game if you want to know.

Made it to final 4 with me being a serial killer and 1 mafia left.

They lynched me and the mafia won.

Was a good game though very intense.

Nice job. Not an easy thing to do... and knowing now that you were SK that deep in the game, I totally understand the preoccupation.

lol, i just pee'd down my leg a little...

I'm not going to get into the over-exaggeration of how many people I've listed. JIF is my #1 for 2 straight days... and all you can talk about is how I'm listing 957 people.

Dude. When did I accuse you of any such thing. I specifically said that Jif is your top suspect, yet you followed him onto JC. And that the lizzie vs ape and ape vs jif is basically being tuned out by everyone not named ape, lizzie or jif

Dude. When did I accuse you of any such thing. I specifically said that Jif is your top suspect, yet you followed him onto JC. And that the lizzie vs ape and ape vs jif is basically being tuned out by everyone not named ape, lizzie or jif

The comments about me suspecting 8 people, "half the game", etc, etc... are you serious right now? Or did you misunderstand what I was referencing?

I know people have tuned out the spats. That's JIF's goal when he's scum, get me to drown myself out. He did a good job with it this time. I'm a dope for letting it go on.

I think saying I "followed" JIF onto JC is spin. JC made his soft claim, which prompted a huge amount of re-read and casing from me on JIF and Verbal. Nobody gave a sh*t. I called bullsh*t on JC's logic if he were in fact a town investigative role playing it that way. I was first to do so. So, with JC being someone who was making a bunk soft claim, voting me, nobody willing to vote JIF or Verbal (wonder why), and me being the competing train with him (3 vote me, 2 vote him, I gave him his 3rd vote I think)... the sensible thing for me to eventually do was to vote him back. JC's blabbering when he finally came in thread was horrible, and I suspected distancing from JIF and JC, so my attitude was I don't care which dies first... I'm sure you've been there where the town just isn't ready to hear your case, you move onto one of your other suspects until they are ready.

Frankly, JC seemed like he got busted in a horrible gambit foul-up, just as I said at the time. Lynch felt like we got scum, until we didn't. 

The comments about me suspecting 8 people, "half the game", etc, etc... are you serious right now? Or did you misunderstand what I was referencing?

I said you have me listed third out of like 8 people, meaning that out of 8 total possibilities of who could be scum you are listing me as #3 possible? How is that saying you suspect all 8 people? You slow or something?

Archived