Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

I think saying I "followed" JIF onto JC is spin. JC made his soft claim, which prompted a huge amount of re-read and casing from me on JIF and Verbal. Nobody gave a sh*t. I called bullsh*t on JC's logic if he were in fact a town investigative role playing it that way. I was first to do so. So, with JC being someone who was making a bunk soft claim, voting me, nobody willing to vote JIF or Verbal (wonder why), and me being the competing train with him (3 vote me, 2 vote him, I gave him his 3rd vote I think)... the sensible thing for me to eventually do was to vote him back. JC's blabbering when he finally came in thread was horrible, and I suspected distancing from JIF and JC, so my attitude was I don't care which dies first... I'm sure you've been there where the town just isn't ready to hear your case, you move onto one of your other suspects until they are ready.

Frankly, JC seemed like he got busted in a horrible gambit foul-up, just as I said at the time. Lynch felt like we got scum, until we didn't. 

You literally quoted jif, leading with the word OK and put a vote down on JC right after Jif did? That isn't spin, it's what happened. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why hasn't day started??

I am fine with a JiF or Ballin lynch. 

The Ape and Liz emo fest is making it hard to read either of them but I'm still ok lynching Liz.  He is still guilty of what I saw early on and has pretty much hitched his wagon to the ape and isn't interested in looking elsewhere.  Not really conducive to a winning strategy as there are likely 3 scum out there.

Tier 1 - Liz, JiF, Ballin

Tier 2 - CTM, Nolder

Nolder has gone down a peg for finally gracing us with his presence but he still was largely absent for most of the game.  I could see a scenario where he's swooping in to avoid a lynch because scum think they're close to a win.

Are you ******* insane?

You only think I'm scum when we are both town, as if it's possible for you to think I'm scum when you are scum and I am town

+ You now think I'm scum  because you not thinking I'm scum means I have to be scum, yet now that you do think I'm scum logically you should revert too thinking I'm town (since I'm no longer scum for being too town) , but once you think I'm town, we revert to the first rule that I must be scum since you think I am town,  and then scum again, and town , etc etc )  ... in this insane illogical infinite loop you've created.

And you wonder why most of the game is ignoring you, get it together fruit loops

I did not hammer 2 townies You hammered JC

Rocky was upset, but he knew he had to get his head in the game. He got through all 15 rounds...

Smash - Marie, vanilla town, is dead.

...but he fell behind.

Nyn - Robert Balboa, vanilla town, is dead.

Rocky was defeated. 

Mafia has won!

Apollo Creed - You have one block - you are saved from one knockout punch - Pac
Ivan Drago - goon - CTM
Clubber Lang - goon - Ballin
Mason "The Line" Dixon - goon - JiF

QTs

Dead: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/3fqqdDTMTb9
Mafia: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/i8YX8cqcS3f

Town

Rocky Balboa - you have a knockout punch (1x kill) - Nol
Paulie Pennino - vanilla - Ape
Tony "Duke" Evers - vanilla - Lizzie
Adrian Balboa - Once per night, you may protect a player. - Verb
Mickey Goldmill - You have the ability to give Rocky a knockout punch. Once per night, submit a name. If you guess correctly, Rocky will receive a knockout punch (1x kill) - 80
Robert Balboa - vanilla - Nyn
Mary Anne Creed - vanilla - JC
Adonis Creed - You have a knockout punch (1x kill) - Crushlove
Marie - vanilla - Smash

Mafia

Ivan Drago - goon - CTM

I said you have me listed third out of like 8 people, meaning that out of 8 total possibilities of who could be scum you are listing me as #3 possible? How is that saying you suspect all 8 people? You slow or something?

Eh, normally you are bitching about me listing the whole game. I thought you were making one of those remarks. 

My list is, after being wrong about JC is: JIF, Verbal, Ballin, you or Smash. That's 4. 

Is this really something you want to argue about?

You literally quoted jif, leading with the word OK and put a vote down on JC right after Jif did? That isn't spin, it's what happened. 

The spin is the light you are showing it in.

I gave you the context of why I voted JC. Again, I was first to call bullsh*t on his soft reveal. You say I followed JIF, as though I just flopped my vote over and let the guy I'd been casing tell me what to do. I'd been connecting JIF and JC since D1. To me, what they were doing looked like distancing... pretty sure I talked about this stuff at the time.

Rocky was upset, but he knew he had to get his head in the game. He got through all 15 rounds...

Smash - Marie, vanilla town, is dead.

...but he fell behind.

Nyn - Robert Balboa, vanilla town, is dead.

Rocky was defeated. 

Mafia has won!

Ivan Drago - goon - CTM

BOOM!

I'm the greatest mafia player ever. 

Mafia has won!

Ivan Drago - goon - CTM

This is the mafia team? 

Damn, Pac... hiding on D1, me calling you out on it, and then the impression you did of how you scum hunt... GREAT job.

Oh well, I had a lot pieced together, but couldn't stop bickering long enough to make anything of it. I'm an ape, fo' sho.

BOOM!

I'm the greatest mafia player ever. 

I'll give you credit where it's due here... I had you dead to rights, and even though it's an absolute tell the way you defend to me when I have you, I still couldn't get you lynched. Well done.

This is the mafia team? 

Damn, Pac... hiding on D1, me calling you out on it, and then the impression you did of how you scum hunt... GREAT job.

Oh well, I had a lot pieced together, but couldn't stop bickering long enough to make anything of it. I'm an ape, fo' sho.

We were ready to bus Pac for his lack of participation.  haha

We were ready to bus Pac for his lack of participation.  haha

He recovered really well. I can't recall anyone doing that extensive job of fake analysis other that me and I think maybe Leelou did it once. It's a rare, but beautiful, thing. Let's see if he mucks it up by gloating now.... 

I'll give you credit where it's due here... I had you dead to rights, and even though it's an absolute tell the way you defend to me when I have you, I still couldn't get you lynched. Well done.

I really couldnt have played a worse D1.  You had me but I couldnt back down.  I had to keep at you.  80 and JC bailed me out with some tard sh*t. 

I really couldnt have played a worse D1.  You had me but I couldnt back down.  I had to keep at you.  80 and JC bailed me out with some tard sh*t. 

You did the right thing. You got me to drown myself out... I normally know better these days, but hell... we all fall back into bad habits every once in a while.

I actually had a lot right in this one, but couldn't stop over-posting... oh well. 

Rocky Balboa - you have a knockout punch (1x kill) - Nol
Paulie Pennino - vanilla - Ape
Tony "Duke" Evers - vanilla - Lizzie
Adrian Balboa - Once per night, you may protect a player. - Verb
Mickey Goldmill - You have the ability to give Rocky a knockout punch. Once per night, submit a name. If you guess correctly, Rocky will receive a knockout punch (1x kill) - 80
Robert Balboa - vanilla - Nyn
Mary Anne Creed - vanilla - JC
Adonis Creed - You have a knockout punch (1x kill) - Crushlove
Marie - vanilla - Smash

Tough draw for a group of townies. I try to do everything myself. Crusher doesn't want to upset anyone. Lizzie and Smash have hard-ons for being abused by me. Nyn, JC and Nolder all no-showed. 80 gets himself killed D1, as usual... making Verb the only other reasonable ally, and I was dead-wrong about my read on him.

Disaster. LOL

You did the right thing. You got me to drown myself out... I normally know better these days, but hell... we all fall back into bad habits every once in a while.

I actually had a lot right in this one, but couldn't stop over-posting... oh well. 

Ape your always a wind bag every game.... you like to talk and over think and you know it. Over all town was horrible

Scum Great game guys ... Only ones I had a idea might be scum were CTM and JIF but like JIF said JC and 80 going full retard bailed him out day 1. CTM because he was as I said agreeing with APE a bit too much for my liking and JIF cause he did not have a particularly good day 1.

Ftr I don't think I did horribly. I town read ape and lizzie correctly and was on to 2 scum. Considering research is a key part in my play that's not too horrible. 

And I have zero regrets over the 80 and JC lynch so....

Gg scum..thanks for the game Leelou

its tough sledding to generate contrasting content when you have three townies posting but I didn't want to detract from scum they did play very well. I had a suspicion on ctm I should've run with but couldn't pin it from content , and ballin felt super naive which kind of pinged  gg!

He recovered really well. I can't recall anyone doing that extensive job of fake analysis other that me and I think maybe Leelou did it once. It's a rare, but beautiful, thing. Let's see if he mucks it up by gloating now.... 

It used to be commonplace back when pretty much everyone would do anythign they could to prevent being lynch and the town never did things like blind lynch. Recently the only person I remember doing it was Nyn and now Pac, of course his team was about to turn on him kinda prompted it

Really need to remember that when pac sounds townie he's scum and when he's spewing garbage and self destructing he's town.  Lol

In hindsight, the one thing that Pac did that I questioned to myself, but didn't think about enough is that.... after all of his profuse case-work, he cast lame votes that wouldn't do anything but constitute a buried vote. He didn't vote his top suspects. 

Ape. ^^^

Figuring out the setup busts the game wide open, basically there was no way you guys could've won this game because of it, I was kicking around the idea of claiming cop myself for no reason, but I didn't want to take the risk... so I'm not exactly bragging considering this victory could've been a heck of a lot more memorable with an unforced fake cop claim

Was just glad to see you playing!

Hope you're feeling a bit better... breakups are the pits.

<3

There have been up and downs. Overall I think I feel a bit better.

It was nice to play but I felt guilty a lot for not doing more. I'm just glad I read you correctly because I was gonna kick myself if you were tricking me lol

It used to be commonplace back when pretty much everyone would do anythign they could to prevent being lynch and the town never did things like blind lynch. Recently the only person I remember doing it was Nyn and now Pac, of course his team was about to turn on him kinda prompted it

Yes, back in the "old guard" as I've begun to refer to it. 

Terrible game by me.  I really felt at least one of Smash and JiF were scum, so was hoping one of them would get lynched before I did.  Also, my power, while important, depended on me finding Rocky at night.  So I didn't have much confidence in my ability to do that, and felt if I could help nab scum, it would be worth sacrificing myself.

Dumb.

Ape your always a wind bag every game.... you like to talk and over think and you know it. Over all town was horrible

Scum Great game guys ... Only ones I had a idea might be scum were CTM and JIF but like JIF said JC and 80 going full retard bailed him out day 1. CTM because he was as I said agreeing with APE a bit too much for my liking and JIF cause he did not have a particularly good day 1.

lol, i was doing that to maintain as much distance from Jif as possible, who basically shot himself in the face multiple times on day 1. My god that 1 post, I did a literal face palm, went to scum thread and said I think I have to vote you, came back and voted and by then ape had already jumped down his throat. To his credit he admitted how poorly he was playing and successfull got ape to drown himself out so nobody would listen to him.

Figuring out the setup busts the game wide open, basically there was no way you guys could've won this game because of it, I was kicking around the idea of claiming cop myself for no reason, but I didn't want to take the risk... so I'm not exactly bragging considering this victory could've been a heck of a lot more memorable with an unforced fake cop claim

No, you're bragging. It's okay. Bragging is okay, we ALL used to do it tongue-in-cheek, until some uptight somebody decided that shaming the braggers was a good way to try and troll Pac, JIF, and me.

It's okay though, really. Brag away... you bragging bragger that brags.

Archived