With Marshall, Fitz and Decker back

kevinc855

Can anyone answer who had really good years at 33 and fell off the next season? 

That was his point, the odds are that Fitz will fall off.  I say the odds don't come close to saying that. 

The QB that comes to my mind is jake del homme, he took them to the SB played great then turned into an INT machine

Fitz played pretty much as he has recently.  Not one year.  

It is tough for you apparently.

And that's the problem.

An 11-year journeyman, JAG QB with severe limitations who has never played in a playoff game.

Why do you continue to make him out to be something he isn't?

Just put your money where your mouths are...30+Tds and under 15 INTs as long as Fitzy plays a full season, injury cancels bet

None of this total nonsense proves that he wouldn't have done well if those teams had higher ranked defenses.   I don't even know who those 8 were and whether they were his good games or not.  And the differenc between the 25 and 15th ranked defense is almost negligible. 

He played just as he did in Houston.  You're full of shlt if you think this indicates anything

Unfortunately, it means quite a lot. The Jets had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. To Fitzpatrick's credit, he did well against poor competition rather than playing down to it as we've seen all too often as Jet fans, but next season he will face much stiffer opposition, and probably in much stiffer weather. The stars aligned for the man this year, but he still couldn't get over the playoff hump. 

Everybody likes Fitz. The coaches like him, the players like him. Hell, I like him! But going all in with the guy would be a mistake. You can't overpay him, and you have to have a QB on the roster you're ready to turn to if Fitz isn't getting the job done during the season next year. Best case scenario is Petty being that guy. Whether it's him, a high draft pick, another journeyman, or Geno Smith himself, they need to have a QB they're willing to start if Fitz falters. Tougher competition and worse weather are practically givens. I'm not worried about Fitz' age so much as I am about Brick's - who looks about ready to fall off a cliff. Jets enjoyed great health in general, too, this year. Really sucks that they weren't playing last night, things couldn't've broken any better for them this season. 

Unfortunately, it means quite a lot. The Jets had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. To Fitzpatrick's credit, he did well against poor competition rather than playing down to it as we've seen all too often as Jet fans, but next season he will face much stiffer opposition, and probably in much stiffer weather. The stars aligned for the man this year, but he still couldn't get over the playoff hump. 

Everybody likes Fitz. The coaches like him, the players like him. Hell, I like him! But going all in with the guy would be a mistake. You can't overpay him, and you have to have a QB on the roster you're ready to turn to if Fitz isn't getting the job done during the season next year. Best case scenario is Petty being that guy. Whether it's him, a high draft pick, another journeyman, or Geno Smith himself, they need to have a QB they're willing to start if Fitz falters. Tougher competition and worse weather are practically givens. I'm not worried about Fitz' age so much as I am about Brick's - who looks about ready to fall off a cliff. Jets enjoyed great health in general, too, this year. Really sucks that they weren't playing last night, things couldn't've broken any better for them this season. 

Again, that the opposite was weak or that 8 opponents were weak defensively doesn't mean he can't play the same next season.  Who are the weak defensive teams?  One has to be the Bills.  We lost both and he played badly in both.  So we're down to fewer opponents that were weak and the two games we've eliminated didn't pad his stats in any way.  That's part of my point.  

That they were weak also doesn't say he couldn't play well against them if they were better than their numbers.  There's a whole lot of assuming going on.  

Again, that the opposite was weak or that 8 opponents were weak defensively doesn't mean he can't play the same next season.  Who are the weak defensive teams?  One has to be the Bills.  We lost both and he played badly in both.  So we're down to fewer opponents that were weak and the two games we've eliminated didn't pad his stats in any way.  That's part of my point.  

That they were weak also doesn't say he couldn't play well against them if they were better than their numbers.  There's a whole lot of assuming going on.  

Yes, mostly on your part. Lol. 

Fitz enjoyed an extremely easy schedule, ridiculously mild weather, and a remarkably healthy team this year. Everything was in his favor in ways that are almost certainly not to be duplicated next year. Assuming that he'll do as well or better next season is a dangerous assumption. I want Fitz back, but I want them to have the plan in place to move on from him as soon as it's apparent that that's what they need to do. 

Yes, mostly on your part. Lol. 

Fitz enjoyed an extremely easy schedule, ridiculously mild weather, and a remarkably healthy team this year. Everything was in his favor in ways that are almost certainly not to be duplicated next year. Assuming that he'll do as well or better next season is a dangerous assumption. I want Fitz back, but I want them to have the plan in place to move on from him as soon as it's apparent that that's what they need to do. 

you're going way out of your way to give reasons why Fitz wasn't as good as he was.  To me, you're the one making assumptions, I'm going by his production.  You're going by what you think it was helped by, what it would have been like with a different schedule.  

None of my thinking leads me to say he's the end all and stops me from thinking finding our next QB isn't a high priority.  Fitz is perfect as our bridge QB.  Someone to get us to his eventual replacement.  That include next season if an experienced QB becomes available that fits our system 

you're going way out of your way to give reasons why Fitz wasn't as good as he was.  To me, you're the one making assumptions, I'm going by his production.  You're going by what you think it was helped by, what it would have been like with a different schedule.  

None of my thinking leads me to say he's the end all and stops me from thinking finding our next QB isn't a high priority.  Fitz is perfect as our bridge QB.  Someone to get us to his eventual replacement.  That include next season if an experienced QB becomes available that fits our system 

Jets have a lot of needs this offseason. Paying Fitz and a veteran capable of starting probably isn't in their plans. 

Jets have a lot of needs this offseason. Paying Fitz and a veteran capable of starting probably isn't in their plans. 

if it's a Stafford type, I don't have Fitz in the equation.  

If it's a Glennon type, Geno goes and it all works while we wait to see what Petty ultimately becomes. 

it's called evaluation, not "giving reasons why fitz wasn't as good as he was"

it's called evaluation, not "giving reasons why fitz wasn't as good as he was"

No, there is no way to evaluate how much worse or better he would have p,aged with a different schedule.  No way you can tell us at he would have played differently. If we were capable you would say his numbers were definitely padded by playing bottom defenses. As I said the Bills were one of those 8 lousy defenses.  His numbers in the two Bills games sucked.  His season was hurt in two games playing a lousy D not helped.  

BEST POST IVE READ ON THIS FORUM IN MONTHS AND YES IM YELLING!!!!!!

Archived