Browns Hire Hue Jackson

AFJF

In 2001, as Redskins' RB coach, Stephen Davis ran for 1,432 yards under Hue Jackson.

As WR Coach for the Bengals from 2004-06, Hue helped Chad Johnson reach the Pro Bowl all 3 years, and both Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh were a dynamic duo.  They mostly fell off the map after Hue left to become Atlanta's OC.

In 2008, Hue was QB coach for the Ravens.  Joe Flacco became the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games under Hue's tutelage. 

In 2010 as Raiders HC, taking over a 5-11 team, Oakland went 6-0 in the AFC West as part of an 8-8 season, yet Jackson was fired after just 1 season. 

In 2013, Jackson was RB Coach for the Bengals.  That season, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and Gio Bernard combined for 1,451 yards on the ground and 12 TD's, and Bernard added another 514 receiving yards and 3 receiving TD's.  The Bengals went 11-5 that season. 

From 2014-15, as OC of the Bengals, Cincy went a combined 22-9-1.  Since he left, the Bengals went 6-9-1 and 7-9 in the subsequent seasons, and are 5-6 this year.  Last season, the Bengals ranked dead last in the NFL in yards on offense.  Under Hue, the offense ranked 15th in yards both years, and were 7th in points scored in 2015. 

Hue Jackson has been successful just about everywhere he's been.  His failure as Browns HC is pretty surprising in my mind, but the man is a terrific offensive mind, and gets hated on just a bit too much in these parts.  Which is surprising given that Jets fans have wanted an offense-minded HC for years.

While I don't necessarily want him as our next Head Coach, I'd be glad to bring Hue in as our next Offensive Coordinator.  And those who are sure to butt fumble/downvote this post are insane if you think he wouldn't be a great coach for Sam Darnold. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In 2001, as Redskins' RB coach, Stephen Davis ran for 1,432 yards under Hue Jackson.

As WR Coach for the Bengals from 2004-06, Hue helped Chad Johnson reach the Pro Bowl all 3 years, and both Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh were a dynamic duo.  They mostly fell off the map after Hue left to become Atlanta's OC.

In 2008, Hue was QB coach for the Ravens.  Joe Flacco became the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games under Hue's tutelage. 

In 2010 as Raiders HC, taking over a 5-11 team, Oakland went 6-0 in the AFC West as part of an 8-8 season, yet Jackson was fired after just 1 season. 

In 2013, Jackson was RB Coach for the Bengals.  That season, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and Gio Bernard combined for 1,451 yards on the ground and 12 TD's, and Bernard added another 514 receiving yards and 3 receiving TD's.  The Bengals went 11-5 that season. 

From 2014-15, as OC of the Bengals, Cincy went a combined 22-9-1.  Since he left, the Bengals went 6-9-1 and 7-9 in the subsequent seasons, and are 5-6 this year.  Last season, the Bengals ranked dead last in the NFL in yards on offense.  Under Hue, the offense ranked 15th in yards both years, and were 7th in points scored in 2015. 

Hue Jackson has been successful just about everywhere he's been.  His failure as Browns HC is pretty surprising in my mind, but the man is a terrific offensive mind, and gets hated on just a bit too much in these parts.  Which is surprising given that Jets fans have wanted an offense-minded HC for years.

While I don't necessarily want him as our next Head Coach, I'd be glad to bring Hue in as our next Offensive Coordinator.  And those who are sure to butt fumble/downvote this post are insane if you think he wouldn't be a great coach for Sam Darnold. 

Yep

Actually I was going to make a similar post some time earlier, but didn't have the balls.  LOL

Could you imagine what would happen on the board if the Jets hired Jackson as HC.  It would be epic

Yep
Actually I was going to make a similar post some time earlier, but didn't have the balls.  LOL
Could you imagine what would happen on the board if the Jets hired Jackson as HC.  It would be epic
It could happen...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2018 at 4:45 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t lie you some how found Rex Ryan’s last chance plea letter from January 2009 when the Jets forced Schotty on Rex who wanted to bring Jackson with him.

Archived