Junc - Azog Duke UNC Discussion

AzogtheDefiler

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Yes, you are the better team this year. Not quite UCONN but close. :cool:

Right, not quite. I count championship wins while you carolina losers count big game losses.

Does today's Duke loss factor into your storied program as well, or is it just final four losses that you all revere?

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Right, not quite. I count championship wins while you carolina losers count big game losses.

Does today's Duke loss factor into your storied program as well, or is it just final four losses that you all revere?

the excitement of the American Athletic Conference Tournament!

x5a9af.jpg

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

the excitement of the American Athletic Conference Tournament!

x5a9af.jpg

- 3 of the 4 natn'l championships for UConn in the last two decade came in the storied and intense Big East, and 2 of the 4 saw us going through Duke to get them. Meanwhile, UNC is still stuck on 2 natn'l champs in the last two decades.

- Over the last 5 years, UConn has 2 natn'l championships coming from 2 different conferences and two different head coaches. They earned them by going up against teams like UK in both championships runs, a Brad Stevens led Butler squad, a #1 Florida squad, and a Tom Izzo led MSU squad. 

- Over the last 5 years, UNC hasn't even sniffed a final four, and is something like 4-12 against duke.

Facts only. 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the overrated Big East but at least they were in  a top major conf unlike the mid major they are in now.

Meanwhile, over the last 5 years, UConn has 2 natn'l championships coming from 2 different conferences and two different head coaches. They earned them by going up against teams like UK in both championships runs, a Brad Stevens led Butler squad, a #1 Florida squad, and a Tom Izzo led MSU squad

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes, they do. UConn has two natn'l championships this decade. 

Is unc even relevant? They haven't even sniffed a final four this decade.

The loss hurts but I admitted this Duke team is not the same without Jefferson and his presence on D and rebounding prowess. It gives them more time to rest up for the NCAAs and given a short bench that is a must. I'll be happy with a sweet 16 this yr. while selfishly hoping for more. Duke should be a beast next yr. especially if Allen stays and Jefferson returns. Even if Allen leaves the team should be solid if not great. 

2 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

The loss hurts but I admitted this Duke team is not the same without Jefferson and his presence on D and rebounding prowess. It gives them more time to rest up for the NCAAs and given a short bench that is a must. I'll be happy with a sweet 16 this yr. while selfishly hoping for more. Duke should be a beast next yr. especially if Allen stays and Jefferson returns. Even if Allen leaves the team should be solid if not great. 

duke is undermanned, what guts they show to even show up for games.  To only have 7 mcdonald's all americans on one team is something no coach should ever have to go through.

I would expect the tripper to leave along w/ Ingram but that class coming in is spectacular again so they will be a top 5 team next year.

Just now, nyjunc said:

duke is undermanned, what guts they show to even show up for games.  To only have 7 mcdonald's all americans on one team is something no coach should ever have to go through.

Clever but Ingram, Thornton and Kennard are freshmen and not the quality of last year's class. Jeter was overrated it seems and Allen is doing his best as a super soph to carry the team. I know you won't feel sorry for the Devils. I don't blame you. 

Just now, AzogtheDefiler said:

Clever but Ingram, Thornton and Kennard are freshmen and not the quality of last year's class. Jeter was overrated it seems and Allen is doing his best as a super soph to carry the team. I know you won't feel sorry for the Devils. I don't blame you. 

Ingram is as good as any of the freshman last year, maybe better. if he went to Carolina like he was supposed to the heels would be almost unbeatable and I'm not sure duke would have made the Tourney.

Jeter is what jeter is, K doesn't develop players.  he could have played him more earlier in the year but he doesn't ever believe in developing a bench so he can't use the depth as an excuse.

Archived