Pussy Power

Lizard King

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Soooooo...

Ape is pinging you because last game he successfully targeted you as scum, but this game he's not successfully targeted you as scum??

Bad phrasing, or did you just accidentally drop your scum hand onto the table, along with your pants?

No.  It was meant to give an example of how he plays as town and vice versa.  

Keep going, your intriguing me

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Soooooo...

Ape is pinging you because last game he successfully targeted you as scum, but this game he's not successfully targeted you as scum??

Bad phrasing, or did you just accidentally drop your scum hand onto the table, along with your pants?

Also, in that last game he wasn't successful.  It was the line of questioning from last game compared to this one that has my attention.  

When I say last game, I mean my last game which was Rocky I believe

Just now, BallinPB said:

No.  It was meant to give an example of how he plays as town and vice versa.  

Keep going, your intriguing me

Um.. yeah...

Your example of Ape's town play was "being all over everything you said" while you were scum; i.e. scum hunting. You're comparing that to this game when he's ignoring you, and if you're trying to compare Ape's actions in two separate occasions, pointing out that this time he's the one who is different, then I must assume that there is a constant--which in this case would be your alignment; i.e. are you scum?

You don't think it's possible that he reads you as town? Why do you automatically jump to "Ape is ignoring me, he must be scum"?

I did give you the opportunity to say that it was bad phrasing on your part. You didn't; you just dug in.

Continue, you're intriguing me.

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

What exactly is pinging you about 80?

2 pages ago CTM was definitely scum.  Now, he is not convinced of anything but feels good he is town.  He's also not willing to vote Ballin today (which I get to an extent) but it was his explanation on why that didn't make sense.  It was not becaue of the threat of a power role (that CTM pointed out), yet it was because he wagged his town dick which he certainly did not as his actions were very anti-town and plus why would town wag their dick?  We are in this together.  And CTM who a couple of hours ago was definitely scum, who made the far more town friendly play  he feels just good about.

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Also, in that last game he wasn't successful.  It was the line of questioning from last game compared to this one that has my attention.  

When I say last game, I mean my last game which was Rocky I believe

Well, if by "being all over everything you said" equates to scum-hunting, then yes, yes he was successful because he was right.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

2 pages ago CTM was definitely scum.  Now, he is not convinced of anything but feels good he is town.  He's also not willing to vote Ballin today (which I get to an extent) but it was his explanation on why that didn't make sense.  It was not becaue of the threat of a power role (that CTM pointed out), yet it was because he wagged his town dick which he certainly did not as his actions were very anti-town and plus why would town wag their dick?  We are in this together.  And CTM who a couple of hours ago was definitely scum, who made the far more town friendly play  he feels just good about.

This post makes me feel good about Jif. It's well thought out. 

Just now, JiF said:

Okay. Thing is... CTM basically offered himself up to be the lynch and self voted. Not sure where that falls timing wise irt 80's change of mind in the matter... but for me that act was pretty telling. If CTM is scum... that is ballsy as ****... and hats off to him.

Um.. yeah...

Your example of Ape's town play was "being all over everything you said" while you were scum; i.e. scum hunting. You're comparing that to this game when he's ignoring you, and if you're trying to compare Ape's actions in two separate occasions, pointing out that this time he's the one who is different, then I must assume that there is a constant--which in this case would be your alignment; i.e. are you scum?

You don't think it's possible that he reads you as town? Why do you automatically jump to "Ape is ignoring me, he must be scum"?

I did give you the opportunity to say that it was bad phrasing on your part. You didn't; you just dug in.

Continue, you're intriguing me.

The fact that you believe that there has to be a constant is amusing.  

It's very possible that he reads me as town but I would expect more assessing of the situation than just writing it off as I'm a noob especially since the train had already started on me.  

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

The fact that you believe that there has to be a constant is amusing.  

It's very possible that he reads me as town but I would expect more assessing of the situation than just writing it off as I'm a noob especially since the train had already started on me.  

I just found your phrasing interesting.

"One time when I was scum and Ape was town, he was all over me, but now he's ignoring me." *pings Ape*

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Okay. Thing is... CTM basically offered himself up to be the lynch and self voted. Not sure where that falls timing wise irt 80's change of mind in the matter... but for me that act was pretty telling. If CTM is scum... that is ballsy as ****... and hats off to him.

Right yet he only feels good about him and isn't convinced of anything.  Meanwhile, he's not willing to vote Ballin who pretty much fear mongored the entire town off his tail without providing a reveal in the most anti-town fashion ever.

You don't see the contraction?  CTM made the most town friendly play of this game (I gave you a little look when I said that) and he's not convinced of anything but not only good about him as town and yet he's not willing to vote Ballin.  

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Please let me know your thoughts about this game?  

Nice deflection putting the spotlight on me, but okay. I'll humor you. :D

In what little game we've had so far I'm getting a townish feel on Nyn for her pointing out Lilly's odd FOS of Brett for being on the Ape train when the possibility of scum on that train was suggested, and after she had jumped on the train at Brett's urging. I didn't find it "opportunistic" at all. I legit can't remember who called it opportunistic. Her reveal was sloppy, but I'm reading genuine frustration from her, stemming for her not feeling well. No read on Ape yet. CTM seemed town with his self-lynch offer. And I'm keeping an eye on Hess and 80, but I don't have much to go on them. JiF seems townish, maybe? I don't have many other reads than that.

1 hour ago, Lily said:

The problem with killing a safe player (and I WILL do that if need be) is that we don't learn anything from the lynch, really. It makes D2 only slightly less mysterious than D1.

I like this post fwiw.  And agree.  I really don't want to lynch CTM.

@Integrity28 @Nynaeve @JiF @Jetsfan80 @CTM @HessStation And everyone else that I can't remember at this moment.

Am I crazy, or am I on to something with Ballin here?

32 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

What's pinging me about Ape was last game when I was scum and he was town, he was all over everything I said.  This game he's flat out ignored me and focused heavily on Nyn while ignoring Jif for doing the same thing.

28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Soooooo...

43 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I wasn't big on your vote of Ballin pre-faux deadline, I quoted it a few pages ago, and then you pinged in your defense of him with your interaction with Jif. I think you were hasty to write him off as town and the defense was a little strong

OK, I said I wasn't going to respond, but had to provide a few points in my defense:

1.  Point taken on the Ballin vote.  I don't remember how many hours were remaining before the deadline when I dropped that vote, but I wanted to get him out of the woodwork.  That was my sole intent there.

2.  You credit Nyn for providing the reasons why we can wait on Ballin, yet ignore the fact that we were basically, simultaneously, giving similar reasons for backing off on him.  Most of the game now seems to agree.  

3.  "Over-defense" is, admittedly, something I'm trying out based on last game.  People were saying it was stupid, but 2 of them were scum.  My "clearing" of townies, while probably not smart play, resulted in me having a top 4 of Hallia, JiF, CTM and Ape.  2 of those were scum.  In smaller games, I think there's value to this style of play.  

4.  I think I'm going to have to place you firmly in the friend zone this game.

@Integrity28 @Nynaeve @JiF @Jetsfan80 @CTM @HessStation And everyone else that I can't remember at this moment.

Am I crazy, or am I on to something with Ballin here?

Maybe so. I find it interesting that he wants Ape's attention. Ape has hardly been around this game. 

At any rate, I don't think Ballin is today's lynch. He might just have the power role he's claiming to have and then where would we be? Time will sort him out, I think. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right yet he only feels good about him and isn't convinced of anything.  Meanwhile, he's not willing to vote Ballin who pretty much fear mongored the entire town off his tail without providing a reveal in the most anti-town fashion ever.

You don't see the contraction?  CTM made the most town friendly play of this game (I gave you a little look when I said that) and he's not convinced of anything but not only good about him as town and yet he's not willing to vote Ballin.  

I kinda see what you mean. But I think 80 just attributes this to Ballin's lack of experience. My first instinct was to unvote when he said I'll be sorry. So I can't exactly fault someone else for feeling the same way, I guess. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not willing to vote Ballin TODAY.  Big distinction there.

2 minutes ago, Lily said:

Maybe so. I find it interesting that he wants Ape's attention. Ape has hardly been around this game. 

At any rate, I don't think Ballin is today's lynch. He might just have the power role he's claiming to have and then where would we be? Time will sort him out, I think. 

Even if he has a power role why would that make him expect Ape to go after him??

It's not about attention. He's trying to point out an aspect in Ape's play as scummy, and his reasoning is more than a bit odd.

Archived