Alternatives if Fitzpatrick walks

hawk

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

AdamSchefter  2h2 hours ago
Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

If he hits the open market, I think Mac makes a run for him.

Osweiler wants to start and win, he wants to stay in Denver, he will sign there and go to another super bowl in the next two years

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

i take offense to the diarrhea usage and thats you're opinion. 

Your all class JoeWilly, all class. You get terribly upset over negative reps, but find it acceptable to make vulgar comments on a sports message board. Keep on keepin on JoeWilly, your family must be proud

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

AdamSchefter  2h2 hours ago
Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

If he hits the open market, I think Mac makes a run for him.

that would be something.  I wonder if we will start to see leaks about who is interested in osweiler to put leverage on other QB's

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Don't cave to AFJF level. You want the playoffs, nothing less.

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

Could we please stop with the constant name calling and personal attacks.  

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Daniel is a potential decent stop gap for a team. Like a 2016 Version of 2015 Fitzpatrick.

Based on what? His 77 pass attempts in 6 years? The fact that he's nearly 30 and has never been trusted to have a starting gig? Or just wishful thinking?

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

That's exactly my point.

If they thought so highly of Fitz, why let him hit FA?

He hasn't. Free agency doesn't start for 3 days. And, as stated previously, they don't have the money bring him back yet. There are a lot of moving parts. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Don't you think his price will go higher in FA when the Jets will be in a bidding war with other teams?

I could see the Rams offering Fitz north of $15MM.

I guess we will learn whether Fitz is only about the money as one poster claims in this thread.  

26 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

This post offended me, this is no place for this, I know for a fact my 2 year old dog reads this forum and I wouldn't want him seeing statements like this 

Enough for me.   Take the kid to the park. Let me help you.  Goodbye 

I guess we will learn whether Fitz is only about the money as one poster claims in this thread.  

Fitz is looking for his last big payday in the NFL.

He's coming off a very good season and the numbers being offered to QB's is ridiculous.

He will not be giving the Jets some sort of hometown discount.

16 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Your all class JoeWilly, all class. You get terribly upset over negative reps, but find it acceptable to make vulgar comments on a sports message board. Keep on keepin on JoeWilly, your family must be proud

Easy fix put me on ignore. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Daniel is a potential decent stop gap for a team. Like a 2016 Version of 2015 Fitzpatrick.

For under $3 million, I'll take Chase over Geno any day.  Never want to see Geno under center for the jets again.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

If Bowles and Mac thought that much of Fitz, he would have been resigned by now.

nope. The above is an overly broad generalization and relies on an unsupported dubious assumption.   There can be multiple reasons to wait.  

By analogy, you could say the same exact thing about Mo Wilkerson.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok a mistake would be overpaying Fitzpatrick 

again, define "overpaying" by giving us the max amount you would pay Fitz to return next season.  Annual cost + guaranteed money please.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Personally, I think the Jets offer him $10-$12MM.

I still think some team out there will offer him more.

Just dont see him doing anything anyplace else.  With Gailey here and the receivers we have.  This team is old and decrepit.  Got to get younger.  Fitz is a placeholder.  You dont break the bank for a place holder.  Plus he had his best season ever last year and still didnt get us into the playoffs.    

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

again, define "overpaying" by giving us the max amount you would pay Fitz to return next season.  Annual cost + guaranteed money please.

It doesn't matter what I would offer him it matters what the Jets want to pay him but I will play if I was the GM I would offer him 2 years 1 guaranteed at about $7-$10 million a year with an very incentive laden contract. 

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Don't cave to AFJF level. You want the playoffs, nothing less.

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

wut?  I don't think anyone is celebrating a 10 win, no playoffs result.  Where are you reading that?  You are making an unsupported assumption that wanting to sign Fitz for 2016 means people were content with missing the playoffs.  That's poor reasoning.   I think, rather, that they (and me too)  are looking at Fitz vs. Geno vs. Petty and selecting the best option of the 3 for 2016.  

nope. The above is an overly broad generalization and relies on an unsupported dubious assumption.   There can be multiple reasons to wait.  

By analogy, you could say the same exact thing about Mo Wilkerson.  

Bad analogy Dcat.

Jets bought themselves a year by tagging Mo and could still work out a long term contract with him.

They don't have that luxury with Fitz.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Are they really?  Todd Bowles named Geno the starter last season before the locker room altercation 

Why hasnt he been resigned if they have that much confidence in him 

why wasn't Geno inserted as starter by Bowles, Gailey and Mac after his jaw was ready?  Maybe they realized that Fitz was way better in Chan's offense and Geno pretty much sucks balls.

Just now, Dcat said:

why wasn't Geno inserted as starter by Bowles, Gailey and Mac after his jaw was ready?  Maybe they realized that Fitz was way better in Chan's offense and Geno pretty much sucks balls.

Fitz was winning games and seemed to have won the players over at that point is my guess. 

43 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

This post offended me, this is no place for this, I know for a fact my 2 year old dog reads this forum and I wouldn't want him seeing statements like this 

the point about civility is relevant.  Hey, I can be as guilty as the next guy of derisive posts, particularly for Pats fan trolls who deserve what they get, but you'll get zero respect by bashing fellow Jets fans when they disagree with you.  

25 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Your 2-year old dog >>> some of these Jets fans.

and far >>>> than you, who has no reason to be here.  

I don't think you've ever answered why you do spend so much of your time here.  I spent maybe 5 minutes over the past 2 years on the Pats site. Grand waste of time.  You have no life, Mike?  Pretty sad.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

the point about civility is relevant.  Hey, I can be as guilty as the next guy of derisive posts, particularly for Pats fan trolls who deserve what they get, but you'll get zero respect by bashing fellow Jets fans when they disagree with you.  

If you like Geno and dont like Fitz you are bashed daily here its just the way it goes. 

Good bunch of guys all around,dont take it personally. 

Archived