Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

38 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It is no less intellectually dishonest than many/most of the arguments being presented on the other side.

What the coaching staff really feels about Geno can be discerned pretty easily by how they treated him AFTER the issues with his jaw.  If Gen really was killing it on the practice field (before OR after) then I think we would have seen a very different approach by the front office towards him.  As it is I think Geno needs to send Fitz a Rolex or something substantial because he is going to get another crack at being a starting NFL QB as a result of the negotiating stance taken by Fitzpatrick. 

Not exactly. Fitzpatrick was 1-6 vs. teams that scored 21 or more points. Over the past 4 seasons Fitzpatrick lost 92% of his games where the opponent scored 21 or more points. For his career, if I remember correctly the percentage is 84% That means when a team scores 21 points or more there's a very high probability that Fitz will lose the game. 

And I know that many people say that "well his first 10 years he was with bad teams". Well, last year he was with a good team and he went 1-6. 

To add, There was only 1 game this season where a Fitz led offense scored more than 34 points (which the Jets would have needed to beat Oakland) and that was against the Miami Dolphins. A team we swept this season. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The best transaction the Jets in '15 made overall and per dollar was obtaining Fitz. He was the starting Qb. And one of the key reasons the team was 10-6. But putting money into a franchise doesn't guarantee success. And going up six games is highly significant. There is no way you can make a case for Geno over Fitz. It's a joke to even compare them.

lol. Okay buddy. You keep that up! 

11 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Revis is a bonafide shut down corner?

I guess Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins failed to get that memo.

They didnt but the rest of the schedule did though. Also, Revis was hurt in that week 17 game. And it was stated that he was still dealing with concussion symptoms. 

41 minutes ago, ljr said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ... Now they just showed 3rd & 2 with 4 minutes left ... He's flushed out of the pocket ... Debates about trying to run for it ... Then chickens out when an Oak safety comes forward ... Runs backwards out of bounds so it's now 4th & 8 .... AND the clock continues to run because he was running backwards ... OMG ridiculous ! 

Its a sad day when you have to quote  yourself. lol. 

I don' think anyone is saying geno is good, I know I sure am not, but the idea of throwing petty or krackenberg out there week 1 means just as many LOL moments

the jets simply don't have a starting QB on the roster, geno is the least horrific option

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm hearing the same excuses for Geno I heard for Mark Sanchez. We finally get a Qb who plays well and these guys still want mediocrity. 

The QB who "played well" never had as productive a season as Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is tied for the best Playoff record in Jets history. Fitz never even played a down in the playoffs. And Denver decided to trade for Sanchez rather than Sign Fitzpatrick. haha! 

Geno won 8 games his rookie season. It took 11 years for Fitz to finally get over 6 wins. 

Lay off the bullsh*t. 

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its a sad day when you have to quote  yourself. lol. 

It is a sad day ... That's because I'm having to rewatch Geno's performance from last year :(

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, not all of us are as simple as, for example Warfish (hehe) who thinks that responding with Mike Glennon statements in a conversation that has nothing to do with Mike Glennon is somehow hurting me down to my soul! ;)

It remains a fair, and as yet unanswered, question.

Your defense of giving Geno a chance was well written and extensive.....and if you really felt that way, I have trouble rec onciling that with how deepy and aggressively you wanted to toss Geno to the curb for Glennon.

It wasn't a "gotcha", it was a rather obvious "huh?" moment.  Be assured, if I suddenly post how Glennon is the greatest QB in the NFL, and we HAVE to sign him next offseason, you'd be equally questioning of me.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

The QB who "played well" never had as productive a season as Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is tied for the best Playoff record in Jets history.

Guess we define "productive" differently.  I define it with offensive production driven by the QB, like passing yards, TD"s, INT's, etc., you define it by playoff appearances.

The flaw of course is Sanchez was carried, kicking and screaming and INT tossing, into the playoffs both years.  He was a complete non-factor in those regular seasons.....well, a non-positive factor, the D routinely saved us after Sanchez screwed up.

To Sanchez's credit, he played pretty darn well both playoff runs, far better than he did in the regular seasons.

But Sanchez in his regular season time here couldn't hold a candle to Fitz last year.  Not in the ballpark.

Playoffs are a team accomplishment, and both Sanchez (carried by his team) and Fitz (failed completely by his team in the end, and failed himself as well) are examples of that.

The QB who "played well" never had as productive a season as Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is tied for the best Playoff record in Jets history. Fitz never even played a down in the playoffs. And Denver decided to trade for Sanchez rather than Sign Fitzpatrick. haha! 

Geno won 8 games his rookie season. It took 11 years for Fitz to finally get over 6 wins. 

Lay off the bullsh*t. 

Oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!  Its time to shove it up these Geno haters asses just like you did right there!!!!!!!!

Lay off the bullsh*t. 

Speaking of bullsh*t, the Broncos signed Sanchez over Fitzpatrick because he came much cheaper than Fitzpatrick.  All things being equal, they would have taken Fitz.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Speaking of bullsh*t, the Broncos signed Sanchez over Fitzpatrick because he came much cheaper than Fitzpatrick.  All things being equal, they would have taken Fitz.

Sanchez has taken a team to 2 AFC Championship games Fitzpatrick hasnt sniffed the playoffs and choked big time when he had the chance. 

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

Villan and JoeWilly! Tellin it like it mofo'n be!

OH HELL YEAH 

Lay off the bullsh*t. 

Right.  To trade for Sanchez at a pittance rather than pay Fitzpatrick north of ten-fifteen million per year.

Do you really need help to figure out why Denver made that call?

Do you really think that if Geno hit the market right now than anyone would give him more than 1-2 million per year tops?  Do you think anyone would offer him 7-8 million as the Jets have supposedly offered for Fitzpatrick?

Look Geno is going to get the job this year because Fitz has missed his window but lets not pretend the Geno is anything other than what he was.... The 40th rated QB of those who had enough starts to qualify two years ago.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Sanchez has taken a team to 2 AFC Championship games Fitzpatrick hasnt sniffed the playoffs and choked big time when he had the chance. 

OH HELL YEAH 

Yo Willie, didnt I just call out how this was going to happen in that PM? Didnt I just say 3 hour ago that troll was just waiting for the right moment to jump in and say something? lol. 

I told you, this place is absolutely predictable. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

OH HELL YEAH 

Sanchez didn't tkae the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, he was the quarterback on a team that went to two AFC Championship games.  You don't seem to realize football is a team sport.

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Right.  To trade for Sanchez at a pittance rather than pay Fitzpatrick north of ten-fifteen million per year.

Do you really need help to figure out why they made that call?

Do you really think that if Geno hit the market right now than anyone would give him more than 1-2 million per year tops?  Do you think anyone would offer him 7-8 million as the Jets have supposedly offered for Fitzpatrick?

Look Geno is going to get the job this year because Fitz has missed his window but lets not pretend the Geno is anything other than what he was.... The 40th rated QB of those who had enough starts to qualify.

No one is giving Fitzpatrick a dime. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yo Willie, didnt I just call out how this was going to happen in that PM? Didnt I just say 3 hour ago that troll was just waiting for the right moment to jump in and say something? lol. 

I told you, this place is absolutely predictable. 

Yesiree you called it right on perfection and yes it is. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Sanchez didn't tkae the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, he was the quarterback on a team that went to two AFC Championship games.  You don't seem to realize football is a team sport.

The QB steers the ship. 

Why do we need a franchise QB then if any QB can get us to the big game,why hasnt it NOT  happened SINCE 1969.

You guys realize that the same three or four of you are re-litigating precisely the same threads we had last year.

In terms of predictability I have yo say that all 3-4 of you are without peer.

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Do you really need help to figure out why Denver made that call?

Look Geno is going to get the job this year because Fitz has missed his window but lets not pretend the Geno is anything other than what he was.... The 40th rated QB of those who had enough starts to qualify two years ago.

I cant tell you about hypotheticals....because they're hypothetical. What I can tell you is that Denver didnt even match what the Jets were offering, let alone what Fitz was asking for. Sanchez has a Job. Fitz at the moment doesnt. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB steers the ship. 

Why do we need a franchise QB then if any QB can get us to the big game,why hasnt it NOT  happened SINCE 1969.

Than Geno must really suck he only won 3 games steering the ship in 2014. After all in your world, only the QB matters.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I cant tell you about hypotheticals....because they're hypothetical. What I can tell you is that Denver didnt even match what the Jets were offering, let alone what Fitz was asking for. Sanchez has a Job. Fitz at the moment doesnt. 

So it was not a Sanchez vs. Fitz thing from Denver's point of view.  It was overpay for Fitz or pickup an extremely cheap option in Sanchez.  If they were both on offer at the same price I think we would all have seen where the market would be.

Would anyone here care to hazard a guess at what the market would pay for Geno right now if he got cut?  Or better yet, where the market would have been if he was cut at the end of last year?

Just now, EM31 said:

So it was not a Sanchez vs. Fitz thing from Denver's point of view.  It was overpay for Fitz or pickup an extremely cheap option in Sanchez.  If they were both on offer at the same price I think we would all have seen where the market would be.

Fitz gave us a great year last year and I appreciate it, that said, he is not worth anything near what he is asking for.  It was a career year for him, don't know if he can duplicate it.

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

So you admit that even 7 million is overpaying? That's what I've been saying myself! 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He steers the ship Geno was given a row boat to steer. 

No sorry, he only won 3 games, he sucks. I don't hear excuses, just like you don't want hear the defense sucked in Buffalo week 17, it was on Fitz.

Archived