Mac might be a stud

jgb

12 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i see reading comprehension is a problem here. just keep making excuses for geno's performance and keep discrediting fitz  for his performance and you will be alright

no, not really, but continue your man-love for Fitz. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, fltflo said:

Just curious were you happy with the end result. Would you be satisfied with another ten win season only to be eliminated on the last game of the year ? An that was playing a very soft schedule. It certainly won't be so soft this coming season. For many who think the results, 10 wins or better is what the new season will bring, I fear you will be greatly disappointed. Might even be calling to put Geno in because that just how bad it could turn out to be.

So why waste the season, play Petty, play Geno, or bring in someone who the Jets can move forward with. An Fritz good man that he is, is not that guy.

wait are you saying next year has to play out exactly the way this one did ?? because you seem to be leaving out games we most definetly should have won if not for dropped passes and ridiculous laterals and fumbles and horrid special teams play. Did Fitz do those things ?? I can make the argument if the team didn't **** up royally in games we should have had no business losing we would have been 12-3 going into the buffalo game fighting for a division title.

Keeping that in mind Fitz played very well without a viable TE or a back out of the back field who could catch the ball and be threat with it. We now have those things Yet we are not willing to progress with Fitz because somehow he's going to lose us the last game ??

Or the Oh Fitz played bad against the wind ??? got news for every one on this forum EVERY QB plays bad into the wind that's why coaches try to get the wind at their back in the 4th quarter unfortunately that didn't work out for us.

Fitz is a good QB and with the right pieces in place he can be a very good QB in this offense. Why ? because it fits his skill set very well. Im sorry some fans can't see that but believe me it plays a very big part on how some QB's careers play out. Numbskull coaches trying to make a player into something their not Just ask Rex and all his dumb ass projects to see that's a very big reality in the NFL.

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Wow. Reading this post about dog food n such, one would think we found a 28 year old Peyton Manning. Problem is, even a team like Denver that has NO QB on their roster aren't willing to pay Fitz starter money...I wonder why? My theory is, 32 teams don't view Fitz as an upgrade on their roster. If Fitz was such a "filet mignon", he would've signed a 4 year $72mil deal already. So I guess he's still "dog food", albeit a slightly improved one. 

the difference is 32 teams understand Fitz is in the system he needs to be in BECASUE IT FITS HIM. Does that mean teams need to grab Fitz then change their entire offensive philosophy just to fit him then hope the entire thing clicks ??? No because that would be stupid. The Jets fully understand this and are gambling on the idea no one will make Fitz the 18 million per offer he's looking for. Fitz is smart to challenge that idea and I can't blame him one bit. he knows deep down where he belongs at this stage in his career and so do the Jets and the entire NFL. It would be stupid for another team to pay Fitz then hope he can run their style of offense as well.

Fitz will be a Jet and he will have more weapons than last year and he will eclipse what he did last year. Strength of schedule is horse sh*t that scenario does not play out until the end of the year anyhow because in todays NFL things change in a heartbeat and nothing is as it seems until it actually happens.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

the difference is 32 teams understand Fitz is in the system he needs to be in BECASUE IT FITS HIM. Does that mean teams need to grab Fitz then change their entire offensive philosophy just to fit him then hope the entire thing clicks ??? No because that would be stupid. The Jets fully understand this and are gambling on the idea no one will make Fitz the 18 million per offer he's looking for. Fitz is smart to challenge that idea and I can't blame him one bit. he knows deep down where he belongs at this stage in his career and so do the Jets and the entire NFL. It would be stupid for another team to pay Fitz then hope he can run their style of offense as well.

Fitz will be a Jet and he will have more weapons than last year and he will eclipse what he did last year. Strength of schedule is horse sh*t that scenario does not play out until the end of the year anyhow because in todays NFL things change in a heartbeat and nothing is as it seems until it actually happens.

Speaking of strength of schedule being horsesh*t, Fitz played 13 games against Ds ranked 17th n below. 13 games against the bottom 16 Ds. That equates to pretty much every sh*tty D in the league last year. So yeah, he's not getting that lucky again n he's not eclipsing sh*t. That's the reason he's still unsigned, not because he's a system QB. Hell, it's a QB driven league. Any team would change its system if it meant a journeyman can look like a superstar, as you make it sound like. Fitz is a backup. He's not getting $18 mil. Not from us. Not from anyone in the league. 

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

really ?? have a look at Rich Gannons career the guy was complete garbage before he went to the Raiders way worse than Fitz before Fitz came to the Jets. For 80 percent of his career he never eclipsed 12 TD's and his best year before the Raiders was 16 TD's also he never threw for 30 TD's either but yeah you keep spinning your crap. Fitz had a much better career than Gannon before coming to the Jets and its not even close. http://www.nfl.com/player/richgannon/2500754/careerstats . The Raiders1 handled Gannon right and he excelled hopefully the Jets make the same call and let Fitz have the reigns for a few years while we groom Petty or draft another Young QB to watch Fitz and understand how the QB position needs to be played.

Like I said Fitz may not be the super star most Stupid Jets fans are looking for but he's a Good QB and can be a very good one with talent around him just like most good smart QB's can be, yet some never get the chance to have the talent guys like Manning and Brees are blessed with or have been blessed with. Some teams handle the position correctly and surround their young QB';s with talent others (Like Jets Fans) seem to think the QB makes everyone better, makes the system better and can just be great with garbage and those people in short do NOT understand the game of football.

The new guys running the Jets INSTANTLY understood the concept of surrounding a QB with Talent and that's why a Journeyman like Fitz was able to excel on our football team. Hopefully they will continue this and keep the next young QB in that scenario unlike they did with with Sanchez who seemed to be going in the right Direction early in his career until Rex and his idiot coaches and GM failed to get Sanchez what he needed. Theyu expected Sanchez to be something he was not .... Not everyone is Aaron Rodgers ...when it comes to QB there are VERY few who can win with anything that number is way way less than even the so called elite guys out there. You see one of those guys come along once every 20 years and we only have 2 in the NFL right now and that's Brady and Rodgers. If Jets fans think they are getting one of those guys they can stop holding their breath and start to look at reality.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Fitzpatrick's first season with the Jets was not as good as Gannon's first season with Oakland. You are just looking up aggregate year-total stats and making assumptions based upon those totals. Your analogy comparing the later-career "awakening" of each is an extremely poor one.

17 hours ago, ylekram said:

just curious. were you happy with the 2014 season? would you be satidfied with another 4 win season only to be eliminated by halloween?

why waste the season by starting geno or petty?

I think you're misunderstanding my friend.

Geno Smith just needs a fair chance.  If he had a fair chance, he's be awesome.

Ergo, if he has not yet been awesome, he must not have been given a fair chance yet. 

Repeat ad absurdum.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think you're misunderstanding my friend.

Geno Smith just needs a fair chance.  If he had a fair chance, he's be awesome.

Ergo, if he has not yet been awesome, he must not have been given a fair chance yet. 

Repeat ad absurdum.

yes. geno's 3 "gifted" starting jobs were just not fair, when everbody knows that you need 4 "gifted" starting jobs to adequately assess a qb's skill set

8 minutes ago, ylekram said:

yes. geno's 3 "gifted" starting jobs were just not fair, when everbody knows that you need 4 "gifted" starting jobs to adequately assess a qb's skill set

look at payton manings career he through alot of pics too but geeno won 8 games so i dunno we wont know what we have for awhile

16 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Not sure if you were talking about Geno or Fitz.

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

really ?? have a look at Rich Gannons career the guy was complete garbage before he went to the Raiders way worse than Fitz before Fitz came to the Jets. For 80 percent of his career he never eclipsed 12 TD's and his best year before the Raiders was 16 TD's also he never threw for 30 TD's either but yeah you keep spinning your crap. Fitz had a much better career than Gannon before coming to the Jets and its not even close. http://www.nfl.com/player/richgannon/2500754/careerstats . The Raiders1 handled Gannon right and he excelled hopefully the Jets make the same call and let Fitz have the reigns for a few years while we groom Petty or draft another Young QB to watch Fitz and understand how the QB position needs to be played.

Like I said Fitz may not be the super star most Stupid Jets fans are looking for but he's a Good QB and can be a very good one with talent around him just like most good smart QB's can be, yet some never get the chance to have the talent guys like Manning and Brees are blessed with or have been blessed with. Some teams handle the position correctly and surround their young QB';s with talent others (Like Jets Fans) seem to think the QB makes everyone better, makes the system better and can just be great with garbage and those people in short do NOT understand the game of football.

The new guys running the Jets INSTANTLY understood the concept of surrounding a QB with Talent and that's why a Journeyman like Fitz was able to excel on our football team. Hopefully they will continue this and keep the next young QB in that scenario unlike they did with with Sanchez who seemed to be going in the right Direction early in his career until Rex and his idiot coaches and GM failed to get Sanchez what he needed. Theyu expected Sanchez to be something he was not .... Not everyone is Aaron Rodgers ...when it comes to QB there are VERY few who can win with anything that number is way way less than even the so called elite guys out there. You see one of those guys come along once every 20 years and we only have 2 in the NFL right now and that's Brady and Rodgers. If Jets fans think they are getting one of those guys they can stop holding their breath and start to look at reality.

rich gannons 1st 10 years in the nfl

66-tds....6.6 per year

54-interceptions...5.4 per year

54.6- completion percentage

11,158- yards...1,116 per year

ryan fitzpatricks 1st 10 years in the nfl

123-tds...12.3 per year

101-interceptions...10 per year

59.9-completion percentage

19,273...1,927 per year

rich gannons 1st year with raiders

24-td's

14-interceptions

59.0-completion percentage

3940-yards

ryan fitzpatricks 1st year with the jets

31-td's

15-interceptions

59.6-completion percentage

3905-yards

clearly no comparison and its not debatable

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

66-tds....6.6 per year

123-tds...12.3 per year

19,273...1,927 per year

24-td's

14-interceptions

3940-yards

31-td's

15-interceptions

3905-yards

Of the 53 quarterbacks to throw at least 1,000 passes since Fitzpatrick first played a game back in 2005, he has the eighth-highest interception percentage, per Pro-Football-Reference. He's more interception prone than Jay Cutler, Tarvaris Jackson, Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder and Joey Harrington.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Fitzpatrick's first season with the Jets was not as good as Gannon's first season with Oakland. You are just looking up aggregate year-total stats and making assumptions based upon those totals. Your analogy comparing the later-career "awakening" of each is an extremely poor one.

yeah Sperm whatever. Its on the money and your miserable response pretty much confirms it. :P

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

66-tds....6.6 per year

123-tds...12.3 per year

19,273...1,927 per year

24-td's

14-interceptions

3940-yards

31-td's

15-interceptions

3905-yards

some day you will realize that out of context stats don't mean a lot especially from completely different eras.

Gannon in his first year w/ oak was top 10 in pass completions, passing yards, passing TDs(top 5 in TDs), passer rating.

Fitz was 10th in pass TDs and 5th in INTs

Gannon also made the pro bowl, 19 QBs dropped out this year and still Fitz didn't get to go(Teddy bridgewater went though).

Gannon led Oak to wins over playoff bound Minnesota, Buffalo, Seattle, and Tampa Bay w/ 2 of the wins coming on the road.  Fitz led us to wins over playoff bound NE & Wash at home.

but yeah Fitz was better.

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

some day you will realize that out of context stats don't mean a lot especially from completely different eras.

Gannon in his first year w/ oak was top 10 in pass completions, passing yards, passing TDs(top 5 in TDs), passer rating.

Fitz was 10th in pass TDs and 5th in INTs

Gannon also made the pro bowl, 19 QBs dropped out this year and still Fitz didn't get to go(Teddy bridgewater went though).

Gannon led Oak to wins over playoff bound Minnesota, Buffalo, Seattle, and Tampa Bay w/ 2 of the wins coming on the road.  Fitz led us to wins over playoff bound NE & Wash at home.

but yeah Fitz was better.

yes, some day i might be on your level of expertise.one could dream.yes. i already conceded victory to you. you win. thats why i put in the bottom of my post that they are not comparable in any way, shape, or form and its not debatable. its apparent that gannons first 11 years in the league, he was a superstar.. fitz's first 11 years in the league, he should have been working at mcdonalds. geno smith is light years ahead of fitzpatrick. bryce petty could beat out fitzpatrick with his throwing arm tied behind his back and blind folded. hell, nyjunc, you could beat out fitzpatrick. fitzpatrick is not worth a verterans minimum contract. the jets need to extend geno smith now

Just now, ylekram said:

yes. i already conceded victory to you. you win. thats why i put in the bottom of my post that they are not comparable in any way, shape, or form and its not debatable. its apparent that gannons first 11 years in the league, he was a superstar.. fitz's first 11 years in the league, he should have been working at mcdonalds. geno smith is light years ahead of fitzpatrick. bryce petty could beat out fitzpatrick with his throwing arm tied behind his back and blind folded. hell, nyjunc, you could beat out fitzpatrick. fitzpatrick is not worth a verterans minimum contract. the jets need to extend geno smith now

you get so defensive when your posts are torn apart.  

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

yes, you literally "destroyed" my argument. i am in shame

not trying to shame anyone, just trying to help.  posting out of context stats to compare QBs of different eras doesn't work.  anyone who watched Gannon play knows there's no comparison btw the two.  I hope he becomes Gannon, gannon was the best QB in the league for a short stretch I just don't see it happening.

again, I want Fitz back I just have no interest in overpaying for a guy when we can let anyone play QB w/ this talent and still miss the playoffs.

Just now, nyjunc said:

not trying to shame anyone, just trying to help.  posting out of context stats to compare QBs of different eras doesn't work.  anyone who watched Gannon play knows there's no comparison btw the two.  I hope he becomes Gannon, gannon was the best QB in the league for a short stretch I just don't see it happening.

again, I want Fitz back I just have no interest in overpaying for a guy when we can let anyone play QB w/ this talent and still miss the playoffs.

dude you are a walking, talking "geno is a god and fitz is a bum" argument. thats all you got is an argument. there is no debate. your arguments are factless and your oppions are not debatable. "this talent"? basically the same offensive talent geno had minus 1 brandon marshal. give it a rest already

Just now, ylekram said:

dude you are a walking, talking "geno is a god and fitz is a bum" argument. thats all you got is an argument. there is no debate. your arguments are factless and your oppions are not debatable. "this talent"? basically the same offensive talent geno had minus 1 brandon marshal. give it a rest already

I am? have I once said that geno is the answer?  have I once said Fitz sucks?  you are making things up now b/c you are getting roasted in these arguments.

if you think the 2014 offensive talent and the 2015 offensive talent are "basically the same" I don't know what to tell you.  You couldn't be more wrong and even saying "minus 1 brandon marshall" the talent is vastly different b/c marshall alone changed everything.

I will give it a rest when I see you finally starting to get it.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I am? have I once said that geno is the answer?  have I once said Fitz sucks?  you are making things up now b/c you are getting roasted in these arguments.

if you think the 2014 offensive talent and the 2015 offensive talent are "basically the same" I don't know what to tell you.  You couldn't be more wrong and even saying "minus 1 brandon marshall" the talent is vastly different b/c marshall alone changed everything.

one can only hope to have nyjunc's football knowledge someday. someday

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

i am still not "getting it". can you teach me more?

2 hours ago, ylekram said:

66-tds....6.6 per year

123-tds...12.3 per year

19,273...1,927 per year

24-td's

14-interceptions

3940-yards

31-td's

15-interceptions

3905-yards

Pretty much you did what he did. Just looked up aggregate totals and made inferences based on that. 

If any professional viewer them as being even similar then Fitz would have already been signed at $20M/year. 

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pretty much you did what he did. Just looked up aggregate totals and made inferences based on that. 

If any professional viewer them as being even similar then Fitz would have already been signed at $20M/year. 

its just undebatable to even comsider them somewhat comparable. i get it.

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

if any professional viewed gannon on what he would do instead of what he has done, i am sure he would have signed a more lucrative deal than he had with the raiders

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

its just undebatable to even comsider them somewhat comparable. i get it.

Sure you can. You can also debate it all you want, but it doesn't hold any water. There isn't a professional in the game that thinks Fitzpatrick has the potential to be on Gannon's Oakland-level just because of some inflated stats vs some creampuffs in beautiful weather. 

Fitzpatrick is a smart person. Gannon was a smart QB. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Sure you can. You can also debate it all you want, but it doesn't hold any water. There isn't a professional in the game that thinks Fitzpatrick has the potential to be on Gannon's Oakland-level just because of some inflated stats vs some creampuffs in beautiful weather. 

Fitzpatrick is a smart person. Gannon was a smart QB. 

of coure it holds water. you just refuse to see it. we are talking fitzpatricks career to date(11 years) and gannons first 11 years.  nobody thought gannon would do what gannon did in oakland, but continue on with nobody thinks fitz can do what gannon did. well nobody thought fitz would have a pretty good year in ny. well, he did. nobody is talking about gannons years 12-15. fitz hasnt got there yet. we can only examine 1-11. actually fitz's stats are better than gannons stats collectively. if i were just using stats taken out of context, my argument might be that fitz is better than gannon in my comparison. but it isnt. do i believe that fitz years 12-15 will be on par with gannons? i never said that. what did gannon do in his first year with the raiders? i will give you a hint. basically the same thing fitz did for the jets. showed improvement as a qb from previous years and failed to get his team to the playoffs. very comparable,imo.. fitz' 2015 season was very much on a "1999 gannon oakland level". next year? who knows. fitz could fall off of a cliff or win the super or land anywhere in between

ps. i hear the weather out in oakland is pretty nice

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

of coure it holds water. you just refuse to see it. we are talking fitzpatricks career to date(11 years) and gannons first 11 years.  nobody thought gannon would do what gannon did in oakland, but continue on with nobody thinks fitz can do what gannon did. well nobody thought fitz would have a pretty good year in ny. well, he did. nobody is talking about gannons years 12-15. fitz hasnt got there yet. we can only examine 1-11. actually fitz's stats are better than gannons stats collectively. if i were just using stats taken out of context, my argument might be that fitz is better than gannon in my comparison. but it isnt. do i believe that fitz years 12-15 will be on par with gannons? i never said that. what did gannon do in his first year with the raiders? i will give you a hint. basically the same thing fitz did for the jets. showed improvement as a qb from previous years and failed to get his team to the playoffs. very comparable,imo.. fitz' 2015 season was very much on a "1999 gannon oakland level". next year? who knows. fitz could fall off of a cliff or win the super or land anywhere in between

ps. i hear the weather out in oakland is pretty nice

Why do you keep looking at 11 years? Are you looking at upwards of 11 years earlier when it comes to any other player's present evaluation?

2015 Fitz was a significant step below 1999 Gannon. Again, you are just looking at year end numbers on different teams in a different league with some different passing game rules. Comparatively, Fitz's season was significantly easier than Gannon's. If you need it spelled out beyond summarizing, I'll show you. You know I love to make longer posts. :) 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why do you keep looking at 11 years? Are you looking at upwards of 11 years earlier when it comes to any other player's present evaluation?

2015 Fitz was a significant step below 1999 Gannon. Again, you are just looking at year end numbers on different teams in a different league with some different passing game rules. Comparatively, Fitz's season was significantly easier than Gannon's. If you need it spelled out beyond summarizing, I'll show you. You know I love to make longer posts. :) 

i find it impossible to go beyond 11 years as fitz has only played 11 years.

i dont feel like reading a novel, so i will just spell it out for you

in thier 1st 11 years

gannon-mid round pick

fitz- late round pick

gannon-5 different teams

fitz-6 different teams

gannon-zero playoff starts

fitz-zero playoff starts

gannon-very smart qb

fitz- very smart qb

gannon-before going to oakland-66 tds, 54 int., 54.6 completion percentage, 11,158 yards

fitz-before going to the jets-123 td's, 101 int., 59.9 completion percentage, 19,273 yards

gannon-1st year in oakland- 24 td's, 14 int., 59.0 completion percentage, 3940 yards, 8-8 record, no playoffs. coming off of an 8-8 season

fitz- 1st year with jets- 31 td's, 15 int., 59.6 completion percetage, 3905 yards, 10-6, no playoffs, coming off of a 4-12 season

fitz's stats are better in every single catergory. but lets take into consideration for the different nfl era, and lets assume every schedule fitz played for 11 years was a cream puff and every schedule gannon played was a monster. lets also assume that fitz played in only warm, sun shiney weather and that gannon only played in blizzards & hurricanes

assuming all of this, lets assume that gannon had the better first 11 years, just for arguments sake

how in the world do you believe that its totally undebatable to even consider that they are comparable?

Archived