what if A'shawn Robinson is BPA at #20?

Dcat

He is like my favorite player in the draft.  I absolutely think he will be a dominating beast on the DL of any team, particularly 3-4 teams.   

If he is the unequivocal BPA at #20 (just like Williams was at #6 last year), would Mac do the same thing again?  

This draft is so damned deep in DL that it is astonishing the value teams can get lower in the 1st and 2nd.  I've never seen anything like it w/respect to DL.  

Just the Jets luck... trying to shop Mo when the low hanging DL fruit in this draft is the most promising in many years. 

Trading Mo for a 2nd round pick and drafting Robinson at #20 (a player who I think will be way better than Mo, ultimately) pretty much blows our 1st round.  ugh.

usa-today-9071275.0.jpg

Well, its obvious you like this guy. :D Not sure how you can argue he will be WAY better than Wilk. That's a bold statement. L.Williams was on many boards the top prospect in the draft last year...and we have yet to see him be anywhere near the player Wilk is. Just saying.  

Would be good value. Not sure if he will be there. Would be a good addition to the line (assuming Wilk walks next year or is traded). I would not mind it. The problem is, the JEts really like Decker and NEED an OT for the future. If they don't take Decker at 20, they miss out on a good OT prospect as this is NOT a deep draft at that position. But again, I would not mind it. Robinson's a great prospect.  

17 hours ago, Tinstar said:

If I'm reading him right, and I'm pretty sure I am, there's no way in hades that Mike Maccagnan  would ever draft a player like Robinson .

why?

Perfect fit for a 3-4 DL.  Can play NT/DT/DE.  Are there character issues or something?

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

why?

Perfect fit for a 3-4 DL.  Can play NT/DT/DE.  Are there character issues or something?

He comes with the doesn't always play hard label and takes plays off label . If the Jets are going to take a Bama Defensive lineman in the 1st it will be his teammate Reed  who could replace Snacks  and has the non stop motor . 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

He comes with the doesn't always play hard label and takes plays off label . If the Jets are going to take a Bama Defensive lineman in the 1st it will be his teammate Reed  who could replace Snacks  and has the non stop motor . 

Then no way Robinson gets by Rex at #19. He'll get Coples, the sequel.:D

Archived