Andrew 'just ran outta' Luck (guess who's his new QBC)

Lego My Lageman

53 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If I'm Andrew Luck, I'm not signing any extension or franchise tag or anything. I'm holding out to become a FA and go wherever I see best.

Money won't be an issue - teams will be lining up to give him max deals. Indy is going to waste him the same way they wasted Peyton. If Peyton's entire career in Indy tied to thoust holiest Dungy is exhibit A of how to limit a team with a stud QB, then the last 4 years of assclownery with Pagano are exhibits B, C, D, & E.

edit: Especially when they had Bruce Arians right there for the taking! 

What a monumental coaching blunder on their part.  Who do you want getting the most out of your star QB Arians or Shotty?  They let sentimentality get into the picture.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What a monumental coaching blunder on their part.  Who do you want getting the most out of your star QB Arians or Shotty?  They let sentimentality get into the picture.

Pagano had cancer so they had to take him back as the coach.  That's understandable but this is total ineptitude

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's amazing how we were top half in pts scored in majority of his seasons.

Schottenheimer has failed MISERABLY everywhere.  He even got fired as a college assistant last year.  The guy is a joke.  

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Schottenheimer has failed MISERABLY everywhere.  He even got fired as a college assistant last year.  The guy is a joke.  

you know the entire staff got let go at Georgia, right?

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

No, you're propagating it. You always have, and you always will. 

you are good at not discussing the actual topic bu the facts are from day 1 Manning was surrounded w/ elite talent and it continued throughout his career right up until his final season where he was dragged to a Super Bowl w/ the worst QB performance for any SB winning team.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Anyone who followed what was going on with Big Ben when Pitt let him go, or how highly Peyton spoke of him, or what happened to Luck (and the colts overall) when Arians stepped in, could have told you he was the best man for the job. Ben was livid. Peyton called his time with Bruce a huge impact on how he played QB. 

Now, 3 years later, he's proving out to be one of the top 5 coaches in the entire league; not just a great fit for that team!

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are good at not discussing the actual topic bu the facts are from day 1 Manning was surrounded w/ elite talent and it continued throughout his career right up until his final season where he was dragged to a Super Bowl w/ the worst QB performance for any SB winning team.

7726 - STOP

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Anyone who followed what was going on with Big Ben when Pitt let him go, or how highly Peyton spoke of him, or what happened to Luck (and the colts overall) when Arians stepped in, could have told you he was the best man for the job. Ben was livid. Peyton called his time with Bruce a huge impact on how he played QB. 

Now, 3 years later, he's proving out to be one of the top 5 coaches in the entire league; not just a great fit for that team!

so Indy was supposed to fire Pagano who they just hired and keep Arians?

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

7726 - STOP

you have never really been interested in debating like an adult, you are a good hit and run poster.

I was never a Schotty fan. His offenses were far too predictable and oftentimes relied on being way too cute. I'm glad we've moved on from him. That being said, one thing I will give him credit for is that he helped establish an offensive identity for the Jets in those 09-10 seasons. And for every dumbass play he called, he would occasionally stun you with something brilliant. This is still one of my favorite plays to this day. Doesn't excuse some really mediocre years, but I do think he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Fantastic play call at the most pivotal moment of a big time game.

9 minutes ago, GhostOfGlennFoley said:

I was never a Schotty fan. His offenses were far too predictable and oftentimes relied on being way too cute. I'm glad we've moved on from him. That being said, one thing I will give him credit for is that he helped establish an offensive identity for the Jets in those 09-10 seasons. And for every dumbass play he called, he would occasionally stun you with something brilliant. This is still one of my favorite plays to this day. Doesn't excuse some really mediocre years, but I do think he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Fantastic play call at the most pivotal moment of a big time game.

This clip sums Schotty up rather fantastically (and Sanchez too for that matter).  It's one call that definitely worked out very well and had great results... and then we see the little fact popping up that it was the Jets' first offensive TD in 12 quarters.  A little good surrounded by lots of bad.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

you know the entire staff got let go at Georgia, right?

Dude, Schotty was the catalyst

look I don't care what u say.  Schotty has sucked, presently sucks and will forever suck until the entire NFL and D-1 college figures out he is just a name and is horrible playcaller

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Dude, Schotty was the catalyst

look I don't care what u say.  Schotty has sucked, presently sucks and will forever suck until the entire NFL and D-1 college figures out he is just a name and is horrible playcaller

of course, in one season he brought down the incredible mark Richt regime:lol:

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

This clip sums Schotty up rather fantastically (and Sanchez too for that matter).  It's one call that definitely worked out very well and had great results... and then we see the little fact popping up that it was the Jets' first offensive TD in 12 quarters.  A little good surrounded by lots of bad.

our O was struggling, so what? it happens.  that was the biggest game of the regular season and the O came through and mark played outstanding that day. that was our first EVER win at Pittsburgh.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

our O was struggling, so what? it happens.  that was the biggest game of the regular season and the O came through and mark played outstanding that day. that was our first EVER win at Pittsburgh.

Not all of their games were bad, but there's no validity to casually dismiss every failure while trying to pour on great praise for even the most mediocre of performances.  This supposed "outstanding" day from Sanchez and the rest of the Schitty offense resulted in a total of 13 offensive points.  The Jets defense and ST needed to score another 9 while the offense was on the sideline in order to pick up that win.  Is that really your standard for a great offense?  If so, it would certainly explain a lot.

The entire basis of the arguments attempting to be in favor of both of them is focusing on momentary flashes of quality, while ignoring any and all failures that may have surrounded it, including in the very same game.

15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Not all of their games were bad, but there's no validity to casually dismiss every failure while trying to pour on great praise for even the most mediocre of performances.  This supposed "outstanding" day from Sanchez and the rest of the Schitty offense resulted in a total of 13 offensive points.  The Jets defense and ST needed to score another 9 while the offense was on the sideline in order to pick up that win.  Is that really your standard for a great offense?  If so, it would certainly explain a lot.

The entire basis of the arguments attempting to be in favor of both of them is focusing on momentary flashes of quality, while ignoring any and all failures that may have surrounded it, including in the very same game.

teams go through rough stretches, our team was struggling in early december.  we lost 45-3 and the team was in shock, a week later we lost to a mediocre Miami team where we again didn't score a TD(though Holmes was wide open and dropped an easy Td or we likely we win that game).  They stepped up in the biggest game of the regular season in a City we had NEVER won in.

You clearly didn't watch that Pitt game or remember, mark was excellent that day.  some circumstances beyond his control kept points down but against a big time D on the road in a place we had NEVER won he made big plays to help us win.

No we didn't have a Peyton manning reg season offense or a Brady offense but we had a good one that gets knocked far too often by Jet fans that are only interested in meaningless fantasy #s.  There are fans happier w/ our O last year that melted in the biggest game than 2010.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Funny thing is re the two afc jets title games, people toss heaps of credit on Sanchez for that, toss heaps of credit on rex for that and sh*t all over shotty for that.

all of them deserve a ton of credit for those runs, all played huge roles.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Funny thing is re the two afc jets title games, people toss heaps of credit on Sanchez for that, toss heaps of credit on rex for that and sh*t all over shotty for that.

That Wr reverse with Jericho Cotchery was brilliant

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

That Wr reverse with Jericho Cotchery was brilliant

are you referring to the Brad Smith trick play pass to Cotch that set up 2nd TD?

Just now, drdetroit said:

When will the NFL just realize the greatness of Mangini and Schotty?

No one is saying Brian was great but he was good for us.  

I am coming to the conclusion that Jet fans just don't like to win.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

are you referring to the Brad Smith trick play pass to Cotch that set up 2nd TD?

No one is saying Brian was great but he was good for us.  

I am coming to the conclusion that Jet fans just don't like to win.

Thanks Brian

Enjoy your 1 season in Indy

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We havent had a winning season since Shotty left.....    who would have thunk it.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

We havent had a winning season since Shotty left.....    who would have thunk it.

What happened to last year?  Also, we were 8-8 schitty's last year with better personnel on offense.  We had the same record 2 years later with a dumpster fire of a roster

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

What happened to last year?  Also, we were 8-8 schitty's last year with better personnel on offense.  We had the same record 2 years later with a dumpster fire of a roster

are you saying we had better personnel on O in 2011 than 2015?  

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im getting old...  I forgot.   I lIKE Fitz, not at $10 mil or above.

Say that to your clients when you fudge up their balances and all of a sudden find yourself with a couple extra $100k's...that'll go over well!

I like fitz as well. He's still our best option, but not if he's going to cost us more than $14mm for 2 years ($8.5 yr 1, $5.5 yr 2).  

Archived