JN Radio: Mount Rushmore of Jets, Favorite Moments

JetNation

Joe-Vinny

On this week’s episode of Joe, Vinny & the Jets, we’re having a little fun rehashing some our favorite Jet moments and players, as well as some of the unfortunate times. Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Jet players? What was your best and worst moment as a fan? Anything you want to talk about regarding the Jet’s past and present, the boys want to talk with you about it!

Of course the guys will also be discussing the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation, but with a little twist this week, as we present the very first JetNation Radio Caller Contest! We asked everyone to call in with their plan on how to handle #14 if you were the Jet’s brass. To re-sign or not, for how long and how much?

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
A_O6uLYIWdA

Click here to read the full story...

Honorary mention: Being the franchise that pulled the wig back on the Patriots' methods of winning. Thereby exposing the biggest fraud of a franchise since the Black Sox and showcasing the fraudulent lives of millions of front-running Wahlburger eaters. Their entire existence is built on dishonesty and double-dealing and the world has the New York Jets to thank for that. You are welcome, humans.

33 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Honorary mention: Being the franchise that pulled the wig back on the Patriots' methods of winning. Thereby exposing the biggest fraud of a franchise since the Black Sox and showcasing the fraudulent lives of millions of front-running Wahlburger eaters. Their entire existence is built on dishonesty and double-dealing and the world has the New York Jets to thank for that. You are welcome, humans.

Here here!

Eric Mangini for Attorney General USA!.....NO WAIT! ....Supreme court! 

Good show!  Just listened to it.  Gotta make a point to listen to them more often.  That Kyle kid knew his $hit (except for the part about just asking players to take pay cuts).

Was surprised though to hear many say week 17 was their worst Jet memory.  Maybe I'm just well trained by now, but I didn't even crack a beer that game.    While Fitz had been playing decently, I just had a feeling he'd prove true to form.

That game isn't even in my top 10 worst memories.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good show!  Just listened to it.  Gotta make a point to listen to them more often.  That Kyle kid knew his $hit (except for the part about just asking players to take pay cuts).

Was surprised though to hear many say week 17 was their worst Jet memory.  Maybe I'm just well trained by now, but I didn't even crack a beer that game.    While Fitz had been playing decently, I just had a feeling he'd prove true to form.

That game isn't even in my top 10 worst memories.

I agree, it sucked but we have a million more games ahead of that one.  In my Jets lifetime(1981-current)

'81 WC loss to Buf

'82 title game

'85 WC game

'86 div rd game

'93 at Buf

'93 at Hou

'94 fake spike

'97 at Det

'98 title game

'99 at NYG

'00 vs. Det

'00 at Bal

'01 WC game

'02 div rd game

'04 div rd game

'08 at Sea

'08 at SF

'09 title game

'10 title game

'11 vs. NYG

I am missing some.

My Mt. Rushmore..........Namath, Klecko, Toon, Revis

Worst... the Dennis Byrd, Scott Mersereau collision when Byrd left in an ambulance. The place was deadly silent.

Best.....a few years later when Byrd walked out the tunnel, with a cane, to meet the team at midfield in  the home opener.Not a dry eye in the house. " Do you believe in miracles?....Yes."

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I agree, it sucked but we have a million more games ahead of that one.  In my Jets lifetime(1981-current)

'81 WC loss to Buf

'82 title game

'85 WC game

'86 div rd game

'93 at Buf

'93 at Hou

'94 fake spike

'97 at Det

'98 title game

'99 at NYG

'00 vs. Det

'00 at Bal

'01 WC game

'02 div rd game

'04 div rd game

'08 at Sea

'08 at SF

'09 title game

'10 title game

'11 vs. NYG

I am missing some.

I want to "like" the post, but there's just too much sadness there for that.

We deserve a SB.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

My Mt. Rushmore..........Namath, Klecko, Toon, Revis

Worst... the Dennis Byrd, Scott Mersereau collision when Byrd left in an ambulance. The place was deadly silent.

Best.....a few years later when Byrd walked out the tunnel, with a cane, to meet the team at midfield in  the home opener.Not a dry eye in the house. " Do you believe in miracles?....Yes."

I was thinking more of worst losses but yeah the Byrd injury was the worst moment.  I was there that day and b/c of Mike Utley the year before I always watched to make sure players were moving, I didn't notice Dennis moving and the worst fears were confirmed after the game but him walking on that field at the opener the next year was one of the greatest moments in Jets history.

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

There is no pinnacle for the NYJ. They suck and they have since shortly after January 12, 1969. Their Mount Rushmore is an ant mound. Nothing really to gush about.

Dr.-Who.gif

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

Joe-Vinny

On this week’s episode of Joe, Vinny & the Jets, we’re having a little fun rehashing some our favorite Jet moments and players, as well as some of the unfortunate times. Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Jet players? What was your best and worst moment as a fan? Anything you want to talk about regarding the Jet’s past and present, the boys want to talk with you about it!

Of course the guys will also be discussing the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation, but with a little twist this week, as we present the very first JetNation Radio Caller Contest! We asked everyone to call in with their plan on how to handle #14 if you were the Jet’s brass. To re-sign or not, for how long and how much?

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

A_O6uLYIWdA

Click here to read the full story...

I didn't see Broadway Joe so I'll say Darrelle Revis, Curtis Martin, Nick Mangold, and Joe Klecko (off the top of my head).  Best moment was beating the Pats in the playoffs a few years ago.  Worst was losing to Cleveland in 1986 after the Gastineau roughing the passer (though honestly it should be blowing that 10-0 lead against the Broncos in 1998).

Archived