Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG dude I was making a joke.  Nothing personal.  CTM is replacing me so Relax and enjoy the game buddy.  

Sadly I just found out a former employee of mine took her life last night.  I'm sitting her shocked out of my mind.  

Sorry to hear that, big guy.

CTM makes everything better so I'm excited and sad all at once.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG dude I was making a joke.  Nothing personal.  CTM is replacing me so Relax and enjoy the game buddy.  

Sadly I just found out a former employee of mine took her life last night.  I'm sitting her shocked out of my mind.  

That sucks.  Wishing you the best.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And @gEYno I already explained my vote for DPR when he was king was to encourage the Kingmaker to choose a new king tomorrow, not because I think he's scum.  The anarchist stepped in so I see no reason to lynch DPR today. 

Weird post .

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

That sucks.  Wishing you the best.

It's crazy.  Wished her a happy Mothersday last time I talk to her.  She was exactly 18 days older than me so every time her birthday came around I would tell everyone she was older than me.  Her daughter is the exact age of my youngest.  Just nuts 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It's crazy.  Wished her a happy Mothersday last time I talk to her.  She was exactly 18 days older than me so every time her birthday came around I would tell everyone she was older than me.  Her daughter is the exact age of my youngest.  Just nuts 

Ughhh... terrible for the kids.  Hard to know what's really going on with people.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So I wasn't supposed to explain my rationale when you directly pointed me out?

Maybe JiF and I thought it was weird for different reasons.  I'm not concerned that you posted it.  I just find the content a little flimsy.  If DPR is the lynch, we can revisit then.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

EY called me out a couple times for not placing my vote on DPR after he was removed as king.

Yeah but you said the only reason you voted him was to force the kingmaker to pick a new king and not because he was scum...which doesnt really make any sense.  And then you followed it up by saying, you see no reason to lynch DPR today.

If the first thing you said was true, then technically you never intended to lynch DPR. 

Just now, JiF said:

Yeah but you said the only reason you voted him was to force the kingmaker to pick a new king and not because he was scum...which doesnt really make any sense.  And then you followed it up by saying, you see no reason to lynch DPR today.

If the first thing you said was true, then technically you never intended to lynch DPR. 

I never expected that DPR was going to off himself.  But I did want to see what happened if he became the majority vote.  It would have forced him to make a tough decision.  And it also would have been a signal to the Kingmaker to choose a new king the next day if we wanted to advance the game forward.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I never expected that DPR was going to off himself.  But I did want to see what happened if he became the majority vote.  It would have forced him to make a tough decision.  And it also would have been a signal to the Kingmaker to choose a new king the next day if we wanted to advance the game forward.

This makes zero sense. 

Genius is rarely recognized in its own time.  I wouldn't expect you to understand.

So then what did you expect DPR to do if he was the majority vote?  He said he'd off himself multiple times in thread.

Are you saying he's lying and would have just picked a random person to vote? 

Just now, JiF said:

So then what did you expect DPR to do if he was the majority vote?  He said he'd off himself multiple times in thread.

Are you saying he's lying and would have just picked a random person to vote? 

That's exactly what I wanted to find out.  You and a few others have been saying all game long that you wanted DPR to make a stand on his own, rather than leaving the lynch up to the people.  Well that was a sure-fire way to do just that.  Had he opted to take out someone other than himself, this would have been 100 % his decision rather than ours.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's exactly what I wanted to find out.  You and a few others have been saying all game long that you wanted DPR to make a stand on his own, rather than leaving the lynch up to the people.  Well that was a sure-fire way to do just that.  Had he opted to take out someone other than himself, this would have been 100 % his decision rather than ours.

So, I'll ask again, you think DPR was lying and wouldnt kill himself if he was the vote leader?  You think he'd just pick someone and kill them? 

Just now, JiF said:

So, I'll ask again, you think DPR was lying and wouldnt kill himself if he was the vote leader?  You think he'd just pick someone and kill them? 

I certainly think it was possible, and felt that was the best strategy for the day.  Especially since DPR was insisting on going with the same strategy that got the Doc killed on Day 1.

I certainly think it was possible, and felt that was the best strategy for the day.  Especially since DPR was insisting on going with the same strategy that got the Doc killed on Day 1.

You're doing a great job of not answering the question directly...want to try again sometime? 

Not sure what you want from me.  I answered your question.  I didn't know if DPR was lying, and wanted to find out if he would.

You havent answer the question.  Let's try this.  Simple yes or no:

If DPR was the vote leader, do you think he would have have killed himself?  yes or no

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine.  No.  I don't think he would have offed himself. 

So you think he was lying and would have just killed someone else and you were good with that enough to actually vote him.  And with all that, you dont think he's scum?

I dont even...

1 minute ago, JiF said:

So you think he was lying and would have just killed someone else and you were good with that enough to actually vote him.  And with all that, you dont think he's scum?

I dont even...

Refusing to kill himself is not alignment-indicative.  Neither scum nor town killing themselves would be the smart move.  And since we don't know what he WOULD have done now that the anarchist made his decision, I don't see a reason to lynch him today.  It's a moot point.  You're an idiot.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And @gEYno I already explained my vote for DPR when he was king was to encourage the Kingmaker to choose a new king tomorrow, not because I think he's scum.  The anarchist stepped in so I see no reason to lynch DPR today. 

And if the kingmaker makes DPR king again tomorrow? Lizzie's role was a one time use. 

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

And if the kingmaker makes DPR king again tomorrow? Lizzie's role was a one time use. 

Then the kingmaker is seriously f*cking retarded and we're screwed until further notice anyways.  If DPR is made king again I will be voting DPR again as a protest vote.

Then the kingmaker is seriously f*cking retarded and we're screwed until further notice anyways.  If DPR is made king again I will be voting DPR again.

But why? If you think he's town then that makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

There is literally no logic behind this position.  Feels like kicking the can down the road, especially considering he's basically voting an inactive.

Just now, Leelou said:

DPR is dead set on a strategy that is not proving to work nor one that the town is willing to follow him on.  But again, I think by now the kingmaker needs to have realized that DPR is not the right decision for king on Day 3.  The kingmaker is town-aligned and should be doing what is best for the town, no?