Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

5 hours ago, D P R said:

I'm the king. Whoever I vote for will be lynched - this was proven yesterday.

I offer the town the opportunity to play this like a traditional mafia game, voting the same way you normally would. This ensures that everybody (who bothers to post) will be heard, providing proof of their stances and putting them on record. 

In a normal game, the power that the town holds is the lynch (as opposed to the mafia's nk) and I'm making sure that the town retains that power. This idea that the king's observations matter more than others is just stupid - king one player to "take a stance" is limiting the conversation. The king is a vote caster and has no power beyond that.

I'm always down with making fun of Pac for being thick, but this sentiment (echoed by others) takes the cake.

Again, the town's power is in their ability to talk things out during the day, compare notes, find out what each payer catches and put people's behavior and votes on record.

Putting the focus on one player is meant to be a distraction. Evidently, it works.

Vote Smash...ignore all else.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

So, how many people die under your plan before we hope that the hero is the one who gets lynched?

EY how many people die anyway ? if the game is well balanced it comes down to the wire anyhow. If a plan takes a long time to develop so be it as long as we win. That being said I don't know how long it takes Im just putting options out there , If you shoot them down I'm fine with that but its more than some are doing that are not even contributing to the game.

Too bad we don't have a doc we could have done some things with a doc

4 hours ago, Leelou said:

The only 3 refusing to vote are JiF, Pac and EY. One of them is probably scum. All I want from DPR to get some sort of record from him is who he would vote for if he was able to. Trying to get it to add for wagonomics later in the game. I don't understand why this is so difficult. 

From these three I say...

4 hours ago, AVM said:

I'd go Hallia, Lizzy, Decker...with a few others in "I'd be willing to push here til they give us something" land (Pac, JC, Ballin)

Hallia is definitely off from last game. Calder noted the excitement, which I'm not so much concerned about as I'd think she'd contain it even as town

Lizzy is genuinely participating now, but after he started getting named by folks (or maybe I just imagined that...but it feels like we were starting to name him)

Decker's voting history is...odd.  Almost like he's afraid to vote.

^^^most likely scum^^^

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

Top 3 scum

Hallia
Decker
Pac

Top 3 town

Crusher
Nyn
AVM/Lily

I like these reads. I'm not sure on Hallia, though. Frankly, I could go either way with her atm. 

41 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Going with standard voting system means you need 9 votes rather than 4 for a lynch.  Pretty big difference that you keep trying to minimize.

36 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So, how many people die under your plan before we hope that the hero is the one who gets lynched?

34 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Which would be great, right?  Because, then we'd get to play traditional mafia, what you've been trying for all along.

@Verbal When king dies, is there a new king?

cryingkid.gif

Man-up dude - you're startin' to look bad in front of your friends.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

EY how many people die anyway ? if the game is well balanced it comes down to the wire anyhow. If a plan takes a long time to develop so be it as long as we win. That being said I don't know how long it takes Im just putting options out there , If you shoot them down I'm fine with that but its more than some are doing that are not even contributing to the game.

OMG.  Chose to read this post.  WTF?  Let's just let DPR kill townies till he hits the one player that stops him? Yes.  Combine with the nk I'm sure it will come down to the wire.  The Doc would have protected himself as per usual until the cop is outed.  That's all a Doc does.  Ever.   

5 hours ago, Leelou said:

The only 3 refusing to vote are JiF, Pac and EY. One of them is probably scum. All I want from DPR to get some sort of record from him is who he would vote for if he was able to. Trying to get it to add for wagonomics later in the game. I don't understand why this is so difficult. 

The fact that ey and jif refuse to vote means theyre town to me.  What does scum stand to gain with this brand of defiance?

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Out of those three I would say Pac.  JiF, myself and EY have been giving you crap about your strategy from the time you became king.  Pac made a comment about how I was playing that convinced me he has actually read a good part of the thread.  He then basically regurgitated what we been saying about wanting you to post your top 5.  By the time Pac decided to make the comment you have 100% made it clear you are going to do things the way you think best. Me thinks he is scum trying to play off the actual banter that the four of us been carrying on with.  in a sense joining an argument after the argument is pretty much over. Trying to add to the confusion and just sit back, his favorite technique and let the town lynch itself, 

Yeah i followed you or jif lol..  pretty sure i was the first to say what i was doing but carry on.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG.  Chose to read this post.  WTF?  Let's just let DPR kill townies till he hits the one player that stops him? Yes.  Combine with the nk I'm sure it will come down to the wire.  The Doc would have protected himself as per usual until the cop is outed.  That's all a Doc does.  Ever.   

I will vote smash if it comes down to it.  But, I honestly think he's just that dumb.  Which, sadly, is kinda worse.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Cool. Why are you scum reading him, again?

Because I feel like he's sailing along, and no one else is calling him on it.  Thsy reads list I have brought up before had nothing to it, and I don't recall him adding anything else.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

The fact that ey and jif refuse to vote means theyre town to me.  What does scum stand to gain with this brand of defiance?

I felt awful when I agreed with JiF.  Now I gotta agree with you?  This is literally the worst day of my life.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

This plan literally falls apart in the very strong possibility the hero is NK'd, and it only nets us 1 scum at best.  It's embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I will vote smash if it comes down to it.  But, I honestly think he's just that dumb.  Which, sadly, is kinda worse.

Just stubborn.  So stubborn .  Like stubborn sees him and says," damn that guy is stubborn". His tombstone will read," still waiting ." Smash will outlive the cockaroaches .  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

Good god where has your mafia nuance gone?

Oh good. Second shift has arrived. 

*hands out earplugs*

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Basically the only way people can say "voting is stupid/doesn't matter" is if the KING decrees that votes don't matter.  You can't make that decision on your own.  It's up to the king.  Once YOU get to be king, you can come up with a new strategy.

People are pretending they laid out this perfect way to make the most out of the day, and maybe that's true.  But the king didn't listen, so why does it matter what strategy you suggested?

You talking about Lizard King, right?

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

verbal just told me i'm back in.. replacing DPR on account of flagrant stupidity in blind lynching the doc

Imma vote Pac cause i'm racist and end this day

BOOM

also.. just note.. I have 0 game info and am just drunk and want to use DPR's yam bags as a speed bag but unfortunately i don't have donald trumps micro hands

1 minute ago, CTM said:

also.. just note.. I have 0 game info and am just drunk and want to use DPR's yam bags as a speed bag but unfortunately i don't have donald trumps micro hands

You're a nerd you'll appreciate this. Some dude had a license plate the other day that said HTTP 403. That's internet humor right?

5 hours ago, Verbal said:

"Democracy!  Democracy!  Down with the King!  Let us come together to make a decision today!"

The Anarchist had had enough - he riled the villagers into overthrowing the King's rule for the day, and democracy ruled.

The game has shifted to a standard majority lynch for today.

hahaah ******* lizzie.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

you are a giant buffoon

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Just stubborn.  So stubborn .  Like stubborn sees him and says," damn that guy is stubborn". His tombstone will read," still waiting ." Smash will outlive the cockaroaches .  

Its sh*t like this that made want to stop playing this game.

I'm not being stubborn about any thing Crusher Im putting Ideas out there for discussion I'm not pushing any agenda at all if you bothered to read any of my posts you would know that. If you and EY are this painfully stupid then I'm done discussing this game with either one of you.

I'm not going to have an EMO breakdown to entertain you I'm just going to do what I should have stuck too a few months ago you know the same thing you were crying to me about.