Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Exactly.  Mentioned that a while back.

The good news is, we can take our shot at DPR today, because there's a good chance he may be king again tomorrow.

Smash is higher on my list.  Can we consolidate on one of Smash, DPR or Hallia?  Directed at all players.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

**** off, I'm not making anything up.

Amazing the amount of sh*t I'm taking for providing a game for you to play.  

This is not s happy post.  Thank you for providing an interesting and unique game for us.  Sadly another ill tempered post and you may not be here to finish it . Any news on CTM replacing me as a player so I can focus on temperance?  Clearly I have my work cut out for me. I'm going to need an assistant.  

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Smash is higher on my list.  Can we consolidate on one of Smash, DPR or Hallia?  Directed at all players?

Help me with the case on Hallia?  Honestly, not someone I know so I've just kind of figured that will work itself out later on.

I actually think Smash is more likely kingmaker than scum, but I'd vote for him.

I also want to remind you, and others, that 80 had a vote on DPR when DPR would have to actually kill himself, but now that his vote actually would harm DPR, it's gone.  For that reason, if DPR is scum, 80 becomes a prime target.

Just now, The Crusher said:

This is not s happy post.  Thank you for providing an interesting and unique game for us.  Sadly another ill tempered post and you may not be here to finish it . Any news on CTM replacing me as a player so I can focus on temperance?  Clearly I have my work cut out for me. I'm going to need an assistant.  

If this becomes non-drinking mafia...I'm out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Help me with the case on Hallia?  Honestly, not someone I know so I've just kind of figured that will work itself out later on.

I actually think Smash is more likely kingmaker than scum, but I'd vote for him.

I also want to remind you, and others, that 80 had a vote on DPR when DPR would have to actually kill himself, but now that his vote actually would harm DPR, it's gone.  For that reason, if DPR is scum, 80 becomes a prime target.

I trust Leelou and Nyn to explain it better but from my perspective she typically rolls in the mud instead of just laying votes on minor candidates.  Also, the appeal to the flirtatious and whimsical is how I would describe scum Hallia.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

I trust Leelou and Nyn to explain it better but from my perspective she typically rolls in the mud instead of just laying votes on minor candidates.  Also, the appeal to the flirtatious and whimsical is how I would describe scum Hallia.

Whimsical and flirtatious.  Oh my what wonderful word selection.  Somebody has a thumbs up coming.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I thought I identified the kingmaker yesterday but cannot recall who it was...but I quoted his post that made me think...certainly a WAG but I'm pretty sure Smash is scum.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I thought I identified the kingmaker yesterday but cannot recall who it was...but I quoted his post that made me think...certainly a WAG but I'm pretty sure Smash is scum.

I think you quoted decker

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'm saying you would kill scum, making you untouchable, and pretty much king from then on.

Also, in all likelihood, you wouldn't need to, as I've said MANY... MANY... MANY... times, it is much easier to manufacture a vote leader when you don't need a majority and you can do it with only 4-5 votes.

Stupid.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Love you too.  Since I got your attention I'm going to need you to change your name. Dread has such negative connotations.  Let's go with Dandy Pirate Roberts.  Dandy is such a happy word.  

YES

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

Because I actually find the dynamic of this game interesting and didn't sign up for a normal mafia game. 

It's a mafia game with a voting-mechanic twist - I've run a dozen games with more twists and modifications than this. But it has it's own wiki, so everyone thinks it's something different? I should wiki all of my setups.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I want the town to win.  I think this will help the town win.  I've laid out pretty logically how it will.  If that's controlling, it is what it is.  I also am pretty confident DPR is scum and have laid out reasons why though out the thread.  I could put together a more concise case, but I imagine that might come off as trying to control as well.

When I see the red button I want to press it and press it and press it and press it and press it and press it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I dont see a downside to this....

Well, no - it works out great for you.

37 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Mod Note:

This is not a bastard game - this is a alternate format game that has a wiki entry for it.  Yes, I've tweaked the setup a small bit from the original posted on the wiki.  Yes, many mods tweak setups to make them more unique.  Still, this is an open setup, and I've answered all questions.....even going so far as to drop hints to aspects of the setup that aren't obvious (like a backup Kingmaker).  I wanted that to not be obvious, but I still answered questions on it.

If you guys truly don't like it, take a vote in BOLD BLUE.  If a majority say they don't like it, I'll end the game.  It won't hurt my feelings, I promise - I'm already not going to mod here again, so there is literally no negative to just voting if you feel like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I think a few players have allowed themselves to become a little too judgmental at this point in their mafia "careers".  It is not a becoming trait, FYI.  There is such a thing as offering constructive criticism and conveying your thoughts/feelings on a subject, and then there is just whining & being an asshat.  This site used to be the penultimate mafia experience - good mafia played at a high level, with a solid amount of trash talking and joking around (memes, personalized jokes, rivalries, etc.).  But there was always a blunted edge to this trash talking and insulting.  It was funny, accurate, and meant to be received as if with a beer and fist bump.

Now?  sh*t has gotten nasty, people are being dicks, and Crusher has clearly lost his ******* mind (just see his last dozen posts).  I know he's trying to diffuse in his own way, and we love him for it.  But seriously.....let's ******* end this new-age JN atmosphere, and get back to the way we used to play.  If alt-format games are not welcome, then let's just speak up and not run them anymore.  I love alt-format games, and I expect a level of complaining and bitching about it......but this is just excessive to a level that isn't fun for anybody (myself included).

I cried a little when I read this. is that wrong?

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

Calm down Verb.  Every mod goes through this. You should just let your feminine feelings flow like a giant White Russian waterfall.

I'm actually having fun with the format. I'm fruity. DPR's amazing run as King has been an honor and a privilege to watch.

I read people being ticky tacky with your rules as standard operating procedure.  I love saying things like "tacky tacky". Don't you? I've been called the worst mod ever about 600 times.  And that's exactly correct.

fixed

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Listens to cases, makes a decision on his own.  I think that provides us with more/most valuable information.

It also doesn't allow king ability to eschew all responsibility.  In this case, DPR hammered the doctor, but now has the argument that "it's what the people wanted," rather than be held accountable. 

I press it and press it and press it and press it and press it and press it.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Gotcha. Hard for me to jump on board re: this because it's based on prior knowledge of someone I don't know.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

from the wiki pregame, which I actually cannot access at work.

And I said I've tweaked my setup from the wiki - how does that mean anything?

FFS this is ridiculous.  Nitpick after the game if you'd like, but leave the dumbass snipes out of my ******* thread?  That clear enough for you, or should I wiki that statement, too?

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

And I said I've tweaked my setup from the wiki - how does that mean anything?

FFS this is ridiculous.  Nitpick after the game if you'd like, but leave the dumbass snipes out of my ******* thread?  That clear enough for you, or should I wiki that statement, too?

I said what I said, and I'm done.  If this is that much of a problem for you, just modkill me and I'll move on with my life.  It's really not that serious.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Mod Note:

But seriously.....let's ******* end this new-age JN atmosphere, and get back to the way we used to play

GFY

1 hour ago, JiF said:

tl;dr 

gfy

I told you all not to trust AVM, and now he's agreeing with JiF.

AwfulVM.

• Upvote 1

See people!!! This is how kindness works. Thank you.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Personally I'm ready to outlaw name calling and insults here at JN Mafia.  They are hurtful and add nothing to the game.  Please refer to one another by screen name only. I'm am no longer fatty, Tub-o-lard fat ass buffoon, tubby, any sort of whale reference, big butt,  chubby, porky, please do not call my pectorals t1ts or fat fun bags anymore, my fat gut, belly, muffintop( sorry sweet one), Dunlop is now to be referred to as my abdomen.  Also referring to my body having any sort of gravitational pull, satellite hosting capability or punishing positive reaction to the  Richter scale will simply be stated as " gee, that Crusher is larger than most,". Thank you and please enjoy the new JN Mafia.  A kinder gentler Mafia. 

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Please refrain from name calling.  Thanks.  

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Excellent job EY. See?  Isn't it fun to be nice And use kind words.  Hell I feel better already 

See everybody .  Verbal is filled with joy with  our kinder more friendly Mafia.  I won't be happy till JN makes  DM seem like a scene from Goodfellas

Verbal?  That statement is borderline offensive.  Please try to think before you type.  Thank you

thanks for continually sticking it in my face crusher ...Much appreciated. I'll just stick to voting since I'm a stubborn, incoherent  and dumb

I will assist you with anything.

ANYTHING!

I love everyone.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The EMO is strong in this game.

Could it be the 3rd full on game collapse of the year?  That would be a record and I love records. 

what were the other 2?

Oh yeah Leelous travesty but what was the other?

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

thanks for continually sticking it in my face crusher ...Much appreciated. I'll just stick to voting since I'm a stubborn, incoherent  and dumb

OMG dude I was making a joke.  Nothing personal.  CTM is replacing me so Relax and enjoy the game buddy.  

Sadly I just found out a former employee of mine took her life last night.  I'm sitting her shocked out of my mind.