Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

17 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm explaining my reads. Don't like it? tough. As for Halli's read? Yes, I'm feeling pretty sure. That's the read I'm most confident with and the one I'm most likely sticking with today.

I feel 99% is stronger than "pretty sure". 

so testy u r

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I'm defensive because you and JiF are tag-teaming all of my posts on a point that I've been very clear on while letting a lot of other players skate.  It's mind-numbingly annoying at this point.

I'm playing my own game, so I don't know what this tag teaming u speak of is and I don't understand why u feel above scrutiny 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I feel 99% is stronger than "pretty sure". 

so testy u r

I don't know how to word it better than I already have. Halli is my STRONGEST scum read. I am not just mildly suspicious of her or somewhat troubled. I think she's scum. I've been grilling her and she's done nothing to make me feel differently. If anything, she only looks worse.  Is there a chance I'm wrong? Of course. Do I think I'm wrong? Nope. 

A few serious game reads so far:

I have no opinion on Hally. I don't know her tells and she seems to be playing the same way she always does.

I don't see the case on Smash.

Lily strikes me as town.

I'm meh with 80 and JC right now. Could go either way with them.

I do see a dynamic where a significant portion of the game is laying low. We all know that scum will be in this group and it probably is, realistically, our best chance of lynching one today.

We've had some very "out front" play. A lot of it seems pushy and pied-pipersh to me. I see a Leelou/Nyn symmetry. I see an EY/JiF symmetry, These could be scum efforts, although there is a very low chance of a gambit paying off because we know the setup - there are no surprises here to leverage.

Pac sticks out to me as a lurker who pops in and out so as not to draw attention. I don't like that at all.

Crusher's behavior yesterday still pings, but we'll need to clear that slot and get a new read from CTM. 

AVM is creeping on me because I haven't thought about his play at all.

Decker and Ballin never play (or haven't in a game I've been in) so I got no read there.

For me, you either agree with my voting system or you don't. If Calder had been vanilla, there would have been less discussion so I continue to put that on him.

I'm good with my vote on EY - he's been very adamant in his stance but has shown enough cracks to make me think that a little pressure will do him some good.

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

A few serious game reads so far:

I have no opinion on Hally. I don't know her tells and she seems to be playing the same way she always does.

I don't see the case on Smash.

Lily strikes me as town.

I'm meh with 80 and JC right now. Could go either way with them.

I do see a dynamic where a significant portion of the game is laying low. We all know that scum will be in this group and it probably is, realistically, our best chance of lynching one today.

We've had some very "out front" play. A lot of it seems pushy and pied-pipersh to me. I see a Leelou/Nyn symmetry. I see an EY/JiF symmetry, These could be scum efforts, although there is a very low chance of a gambit paying off because we know the setup - there are no surprises here to leverage.

Pac sticks out to me as a lurker who pops in and out so as not to draw attention. I don't like that at all.

Crusher's behavior yesterday still pings, but we'll need to clear that slot and get a new read from CTM. 

AVM is creeping on me because I haven't thought about his play at all.

Decker and Ballin never play (or haven't in a game I've been in) so I got no read there.

For me, you either agree with my voting system or you don't. If Calder had been vanilla, there would have been less discussion so I continue to put that on him.

I'm good with my vote on EY - he's been very adamant in his stance but has shown enough cracks to make me think that a little pressure will do him some good.

I think a JIF EY scum effort would be too obvious, they wouldn't do that.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think a JIF EY scum effort would be too obvious, they wouldn't do that.

Maybe.

I don't like how many time EY has spoken about scum pulling that sort of play off, though. JiF might go for that just to see if they could pull it off.

Either way, they both did invest a lot of time and effort into derailing my vote system, and given that it works for every other game, it seems odd to me that someone would be passionately against it unless they were afraid of it.

@D P R 

1. What's pied pipersh?

2. I disagree about Halli. If we were talking about her old meta from like a year or so ago? sure. But she has upped her game significantly since. As town I've seen her as either so obvious town that it hurts, or not as obvious, like in the Lost game. But even then she was still motivated and willing to get her feet wet and try to solve. Quoting posts of interest, asking players questions, giving her input about the main topics of discussion and being as involved as her free time allowed her. In this game? I see absolutely no effort from her part to solve anything and she's laying low. She's staying out of conflicts regarding the setup and she put an easy vote on a random inactive. And she still failed to answer my question about her mention of CTM's death.

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

@D P R 

1. What's pied pipersh?

2. I disagree about Halli. If we were talking about her old meta from like a year or so ago? sure. But she has upped her game significantly since. As town I've seen her as either so obvious town that it hurts, or not as obvious, like in the Lost game. But even then she was still motivated and willing to get her feet wet and try to solve. Quoting posts of interest, asking players questions, giving her input about the main topics of discussion and being as involved as her free time allowed her. In this game? I see absolutely no effort from her part to solve anything and she's laying low. She's staying out of conflicts regarding the setup and she put an easy vote on a random inactive. And she still failed to answer my question about her mention of CTM's death.

Pied Pipering is just leading by direction - trying to convince the group of what they should do by leaning on them, shaming them, forcing logic on them. It's one thing to make a point and stand by it. It's another to try and direct the group. The difference can be subtle and that's when it's time to dig deeper.

You know her better than I do - I've played the last two games here recently, but I was gone for a long time before, so I say I got nothin'. That doesn't have anything at all to do with what anyone else has.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

Wait, how do you not know what Pied Pipering is?

Because English isn't my first language and I don't know the meaning of every word in existence?  Hopefully I will when I reach your age.

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Because English isn't my first language and I don't know the meaning of every word in existence?  Hopefully I will when I reach your age.

You've played enough mafia to have seen that before. This is as bad as EY asking about QT's. 

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

You know what, don't even bother answering. I don't care. I'm allowed to not know some words in english and you can GFY if you're actually referring to it in a game related way.

Nyn if you want to feel better just read some Of my posts I could be one of the worst writers in history but at least I'm not JIF =)

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nyn if you want to feel better just read some Of my posts I could be one of the worst writers in history but at least I'm not JIF =)

Or CTM, or Pac... There's a lot to feel good about!

Just now, Leelou said:

How are you doing? 

Im fine.  Just kind of stunned. At the office till 11 today.  Lot of my employees work with her so this will be a tough day. Plus few people that use to see her coming in will bring emotions and questions.  I already have two messages from my message service to call a couple people her and I both treated.  Sadly I have no answers or explanations, the details I got from her husband will not be shared.   I have known him as long as her and talked with him quite a few times. Great guy and honestly as shocked as anyone about it.  Just beyond words.

If Verbal hasnt replaced me  I will read and catch up over the weekend. Honestly I can use something to focus on and numb my mind.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Im fine.  Just kind of stunned. At the office till 11 today.  Lot of my employees work with her so this will be a tough day. Plus few people that use to see her coming in will bring emotions and questions.  I already have two messages from my message service to call a couple people her and I both treated.  Sadly I have no answers or explanations, the details I got from her husband will not be shared.   I have known him as long as her and talked with him quite a few times. Great guy and honestly as shocked as anyone about it.  Just beyond words.

If Verbal hasnt replaced me  I will read and catch up over the weekend. Honestly I can use something to focus on and numb my mind.

CTM out. Crusher in.

under executive orders.