Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

There is literally no logic behind this position.  Feels like kicking the can down the road, especially considering he's basically voting an inactive.

Voting inactives has proven to be an effective strategy lately.  DPR has very much put himself out there and can always be lynched later.  It's my vote and I'm doing what I want with it. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

DPR is dead set on a strategy that is not proving to work nor one that the town is willing to follow him on.  But again, I think by now the kingmaker needs to have realized that DPR is not the right decision for king on Day 3.  The kingmaker is town-aligned and should be doing what is best for the town, no?

Seems as if consensus is the Kingmaker is trolling the game, which provides no help.  Or, the Kingmaker is Smashmouth (my opinion) and has an absolutely terrible plan which includes hoping that if DPR is scum, he will hit the hero at some point, regardless of the amount of damage done before that, because, you know, 'people die in this game.'

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DPR is dead set on a strategy that is not proving to work nor one that the town is willing to follow him on.  But again, I think by now the kingmaker needs to have realized that DPR is not the right decision for king on Day 3.  The kingmaker is town-aligned and should be doing what is best for the town, no?

I had no problem with his strategy as long as he or Verbal kept the VCs and as long as DPR stated who he would be voting if it was a normal game so we could have a record. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Voting inactives has proven to be an effective strategy lately.  DPR has very much put himself out there and can always be lynched later.  It's my vote and I'm doing what I want with it. 

Well, this is super defensive.  No one is telling you how to vote.  But, your votes aren't free from comment.

Just now, Leelou said:

I had no problem with his strategy as long as he or Verbal kept the VCs and as long as DPR stated who he would be voting if it was a normal game so we could have a record. 

I understand that, but by now, there are enough people that suspect DPR or disagree with his strategy to make it a poor one.  Only about half the game will actually make meaningful votes.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Seems as if consensus is the Kingmaker is trolling the game, which provides no help.  Or, the Kingmaker is Smashmouth (my opinion) and has an absolutely terrible plan which includes hoping that if DPR is scum, he will hit the hero at some point, regardless of the amount of damage done before that, because, you know, 'people die in this game.'

Bold - That's what I'm thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Refusing to kill himself is not alignment-indicative.  Neither scum nor town killing themselves would be the smart move.  And since we don't know what he WOULD have done now that the anarchist made his decision, I don't see a reason to lynch him today.  It's a moot point.  You're an idiot.

You dont think lying to the entire town and doing whatever he wanted to do is alignment-indicative?  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I understand that, but by now, there are enough people that suspect DPR or disagree with his strategy to make it a poor one.  Only about half the game will actually make meaningful votes.

Dont they have to now?

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

unvote, vote 80

Yeah, I was thinking this too but is he just a really lost confused townie that doesnt realize how backward he sounds?

He cant be this obvious, right? 

I mean, you voting him so I guess you think he can but I'm still on the fence, I guess. 

Meh **** it, DPR isnt getting traction.

Unvote

Vote 80

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I was thinking this too but is he just a really lost confused townie that doesnt realize how backward he sounds?

He cant be this obvious, right? 

I mean, you voting him so I guess you think he can but I'm still on the fence, I guess. 

Meh **** it, DPR isnt getting traction.

Unvote

Vote 80

Last two games he was on fire as town. I can't make sense of him right now, and I'm not sure if it's because he's rolled scum or reverting back to old ways. I kinda want to see where this goes. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

OMG dude I was making a joke.  Nothing personal.  CTM is replacing me so Relax and enjoy the game buddy.  

Sadly I just found out a former employee of mine took her life last night.  I'm sitting her shocked out of my mind.  

Very sorry to hear that. 

Vote Count

Pac (2) - Lily, DPR

DPR (2) - Lizzy, EY

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Decker (2) - 80, Pac

Hallia (2) - Nyn, AVM

Smash (1) - JC

Crusher (1) - Decker

80 (2) - Leelou, JiF

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

The vote to lynch me isn't picking up steam because most players realize a straight forward vote system is a much better alternative that one player sharing the 8 ball and guessing. 

80 is fumbling, but he's taking fire from the tag-team of JiF and EY who are pushing their point. The way EY was pushing conspiracies about scum killing scum, I would;t be shocked if he's trying to pull off a hail-nary gambit after he's botched so many other things. 

Maybe we'll get some traction with an EY vote.

Unvote - Vote EY

59 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Well, this is super defensive.  No one is telling you how to vote.  But, your votes aren't free from comment.

Yes, I'm defensive because you and JiF are tag-teaming all of my posts on a point that I've been very clear on while letting a lot of other players skate.  It's mind-numbingly annoying at this point.

22 minutes ago, D P R said:

The vote to lynch me isn't picking up steam because most players realize a straight forward vote system is a much better alternative that one player sharing the 8 ball and guessing. 

80 is fumbling, but he's taking fire from the tag-team of JiF and EY who are pushing their point. The way EY was pushing conspiracies about scum killing scum, I would;t be shocked if he's trying to pull off a hail-nary gambit after he's botched so many other things. 

Maybe we'll get some traction with an EY vote.

Unvote - Vote EY

meh.  Im not voting you cause i think youre town.  Make no mistake youre playing terribly but doing it as a townie.

I don't really see myself moving away from Hallia. I'm like 99% sure she's scum and I think she should be the lynch. EY is also a suspect but I'm not as sure of him as I am of Halli, mostly due to lack of familiarity, so I'd much rather start with my strongest suspect.

I think 80 is a [insert a mean word that Crusher won't let me say]. I didn't get what he was going on about voting for DPR in the first place, before the shift in the voting mechanic. And I don't really get his explanation for not voting DPR after the shift. lol Prolly null for him cause sometimes he does go on about weird sh*t. I'll keep an eye, but I got a good vibe from him D1 so I'm not at a place where I'd vote him today, especially when I have stronger suspects atm. DPR isn't someone I'd consider voting today either. I think he's been doing a good job responding to pretty much every single post directed at him. Guess the old man still has some wind in his sails. He has a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote Hallia

Next time flirt with the creepy old dude (Smash).

Still think smash is scum.

Do we have a deadline?  I will be offline shortly.

JC, can you explain in your words why you think Smash is scum?  JiF explained his take earlier. Is that how you see it too or is there more to that?

Just now, Nynaeve said:

JC, can you explain in your words why you think Smash is scum?  JiF explained his take earlier. Is that how you see it too or is there more to that?

The fact that he played small, then the drama, then today's disappearing act.  

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

The fact that he played small, then the drama, then today's disappearing act.  

Okay. Well we have time until Sunday. I'll make a point of reading through his content tomorrow.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

OMG dude I was making a joke.  Nothing personal.  CTM is replacing me so Relax and enjoy the game buddy.  

Sadly I just found out a former employee of mine took her life last night.  I'm sitting her shocked out of my mind.  

Sorry to hear that, Crushlove

I'm willing to switch my vote to Hallia, if the majority is going there. I'm not willing to vote DPR or 80 today. I'd rather go with Pac, but I could give EY a try. I'm also willing to lynch Jif, but he's lower on my list. 

My list in order:

Pac

Ey

Hallia

Jif

Friday's I'm scarce, as most of you know. I'll be around off and on the next couple of hours, and then I'm out for the night. 

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't really see myself moving away from Hallia. I'm like 99% sure she's scum and I think she should be the lynch. EY is also a suspect but I'm not as sure of him as I am of Halli, mostly due to lack of familiarity, so I'd much rather start with my strongest suspect.

I think 80 is a [insert a mean word that Crusher won't let me say]. I didn't get what he was going on about voting for DPR in the first place, before the shift in the voting mechanic. And I don't really get his explanation for not voting DPR after the shift. lol Prolly null for him cause sometimes he does go on about weird sh*t. I'll keep an eye, but I got a good vibe from him D1 so I'm not at a place where I'd vote him today, especially when I have stronger suspects atm. DPR isn't someone I'd consider voting today either. I think he's been doing a good job responding to pretty much every single post directed at him. Guess the old man still has some wind in his sails. He has a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. 

SASS MOUTH

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

99% sure?  Followed by a huge defense of 80 who was make zero sense today?

99%?

Just now, JiF said:

99% sure?  Followed by a huge defense of 80 who was make zero sense today?

99%?

I'm explaining my reads. Don't like it? tough. As for Halli's read? Yes, I'm feeling pretty sure. That's the read I'm most confident with and the one I'm most likely sticking with today.