Jets sign RB Romar Morris, waive ex-Giants TE Jerome Cunningham

Gas2No99

How the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders

By signing this GUY!!!!!!   :D

Dick InCimini-ated ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets have signed rookie RB Romar Morris, a UDFA from North Carolina. They waived TE Jerome Cunningham.

Jets sign RB Romar Morris, waive ex-Giants TE Jerome Cunningham

The Jets on Tuesday made a pair of corresponding roster moves as they began their organized team activities.

The Jets signed running back Romar Morris, a undrafted rookie from North Carolina who had a tryout at rookie minicamp three weeks ago. To make room for Morris on the 90-man roster, the Jets waived tight end Jerome Cunningham, whom they had claimed off waivers from the Giants two weeks ago.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Morris averaged 4.8 yards per carry and caught 54 passes during his four-year career at North Carolina, where he made 13 starts. He had also returned kickoffs and punts as a freshman, and the Jets have opening for both of those roles.

Morris will join a running back group that includes Matt Forté, Bilal Powell, Khiry Robinson, Zac Stacy, and Dominique Williams, plus fullbacks Tommy Bohanon and Julian Howsare.

Cunningham had spent most of the last two seasons on the Giants' practice squad before being waived earlier this month.

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

Didn't they just cut Dri Archer for this TE a couple of weeks ago? and now they sign a less talented (on paper) version of Archer and cit the TE?  Either Mac got punked by some "insider information" from the vagiants or Archer is insane or both but there has to be more to this story,. I know it is bottom of the roster but it does not make sense...

30 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Didn't they just cut Dri Archer for this TE a couple of weeks ago? and now they sign a less talented (on paper) version of Archer and cit the TE?  Either Mac got punked by some "insider information" from the vagiants or Archer is insane or both but there has to be more to this story,. I know it is bottom of the roster but it does not make sense...

Archer doesn't want to play football... are you really worried about what they are doing with the 80-something-th spot on the off-season roster?

58 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Maybe the just didnt like what Dri Archer brings to the team. Its hard to have an already full house at RB and the only part of your game worth exploring the NFL's league office has been shredding to bits (special teams). Not to mention that we also drafted Jalin marshall. Maybe this new kid could possibly bring something besides specials to the table. 

I mean, Dri wasnt even that good in specials. Probably better than what we had last year, but generally speaking not worth keeping on the team just for that. 

Bowles said he wants speed everywhere. 

We bring in more height and speed to this team along with Chan being able to spread a defense this could become a very dynamic offense after contact. If the first man misses guys like Peake, Morris (if he makes the cut) are just going to eat up yards, especially with this type of speed. 

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Please tell us more

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Dri Archer thinks he's some bona fide future hall of fame RB. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Archer doesn't want to play football... are you really worried about what they are doing with the 80-something-th spot on the off-season roster?

I had high hopes for Archer, 3rd round pick and all, agree the odds are none of them make the final 53, just seems strange to see cuts before anyone hits the field

not worried, long offseason and it's a new subject to talk about,  other than Fitz 

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Please tell us more

"It was 1979. I was travelling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown, all of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. “Just a taste,” he said. That was all it took."

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

you have 2 guys who run really fast. 1 guy breaks tackles and the other  guy breaks when tackled . Who do you keep ?

8 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

He's the bigger back at 2'' taller and more importantly, 20 lbs heavier than Archer.

Archived