Sexy Time Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

1 minute ago, D P R said:

What do you see on AVM? 

I'm not asking JiF because he took stupid pills this morning.

I see no hunt from AVM...yesterday he voted Ben not because he found something but more just climbing aboard a northbound train.  80 calls him out for his vote and his lack of contribution.  Leelou had also suspected him and now both 80 and Leelou are dead.  Now I get that scum most likely had one shot so its a stretch but I find that interesting.  Then today after I vote him he fires back with an omgus vote.  Yet another who wants to lynch a person from the train that lynched scum.  Again, I realize you have a different opinion of the possible motives yesterday and my vote by no means makes me confirmed town but to lay out conspiratorial evidence the very next day and not even consider that scum would have pushed for a competing train seems counterproductive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AzureBen said:

(Emphasis added.) I still think you could be town, but this post is embarrassing enough that I could just laugh. The logic in the italics sounds familiar...   You spend a paragraph calling me town but trying to discredit me, while leaving me in your bottom four (if  you think I'm town, and you don't know what to think of AVM, why isn't he there?), your "scumread" on Crusher is weak and insecure as hell, and you declare against DPR, a pretty safe position, but turn around the logic you resisted before to support your continued tunnel on Decker. Not to mention you're overestimating yourself, your tunnel against Decker wasn't even close to getting off the ground, wouldn't scare anyone. Or would you say I'm scum for challenging you on it before? My free pass expired, right? Go on...

(Oh, and your top town read on Hallia is hilariously bad. :lol:)

I don't think you understand, you're in the grey area between town and scum. I think you could be town but the things you said about Decker were so wrong that I can't trust that you are town. You're only not lower on the list because other people are lower on the list and you can't be scum if they are scum. 

Yes my "scumread" on Crusher is weak. That was kind of my point. He's really more in the grey area than in the scum area. Maybe I should have made my list a different way and tried to signal these things more visually instead of verbally. I guess it's hard to understand why certain people are where they are if....you don't read the post? Actually I'm not really sure what's so hard to understand but hopefully now you do.

You do have a point in that my train on Decker wasn't going anywhere before but I would argue that it's clear I was going to continue it and if someone didn't want it to get off the ground in the first place they would have to do something before it gained steam not after.

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didnt misunderstand you.  You were outright pushing terrible logic.  I've seen it plenty.  Doesnt mean you're scum.  I dont think you are, just means you might not be very good at the game.  I dont know.  I've never played with you before.  Maybe you are scum.  Right now, I dont see it that way.

Who is the obvious scumread?

I havent spun anything, I literally was echoing and clarifying what you were saying to make sure everyone heard you correctly.  What you were saying was flawed and stupid.  Never didnt I try to paint it as scummy.

Yes, I tend to think someone who is looking at the same lynch pool as town.

We disagree on Crusher.  And that's cool. I've stated it was scum lean.  I'm not digging my heals in.

If I had to list my order:

DPR, AVM, Crusher.  

You didn't misunderstand me, you just keep presenting a watered-down version of my logic. That's good to know. I'm not echoing it again now if you won't get it.

DPR?

Again, you're dumbing it down so far that anyone would be repulsed. You don't need to paint it as scummy when what you present it as is that dumb.

Okay.

Fair enough.

I can work with AVM (although I'd put Hallia first) but you're going to have to sell me on Crusher.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nolder?  Halia sheeped you?  It's a scumstrategy? But she is your best town read because she isn't lurking?  That makes no sense.  I already explained was in the car for 8 hours from my trip and re-read the game and posted things that caught my interest.  Not much commentary because I didn't do it to sway people. I did it because I was bored and thought it would be easier to look at it later again.  

for not having meta on anyone I find Bens contributions pretty solid.  His observations are pretty good.Even thought I originally disagreed with his early stance on Decker I find it 100% reasonable for someone that never played with Decker.  Decker is a dick waver as scum.  Tries to act like he couldn't careless if he is voted. Last time he was scum he was very illogical in his approached. 

JC is very high considering you said he blind squirreled onto Smash after Smaah made a single post.  agree he went after Smash early but I would still have him closer to null.  

JiF I agree with you on for the most part.  Still need to reread him.

Still haven't looked back at AVM yet.  Might be tough today because been out of the office for a weekend. 

DPR always creeps me out when I play with him.  Even more so this game since I been watching Penny Dreadful while playing.  He started slow and was lurking at first but he explained why he wasn't as present as he was traveling. Since then he seems to be aggressively besting the bushes and looking for answered.  His interrogation of Jetsvode and you seemed more towny looking for answered that pied piperish. 

I know he is dead but Ape as the sk was pretty funny. Made a nice play suggesting someone else was. 

I had Leelou as scum and thought others did saw well.  Interesting choice for nk. Got to reread death scenes to see if any hints on who was killed by who.   

Decker seemse like easy pickings for scum at this point. He does not defend well and been pain of interest for most. If he is town would be easiest person in game to discount his mislynch.  I have him as mill little closer to town.  

Nolder not sure what to make of you at this point.  Wanted to have you as town but tough to do when we disagree on what we are seeing so much.  

I guess call it a meta read on Hallia. 

re: JC, does it matter whether he blind squirreled Smash or caught him fair and square? I don't think scum is going to sacrifice their partner like that D1. I could be wrong and that's why I say the longer he lives the less he should be trusted.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I guess call it a meta read on Hallia. 

re: JC, does it matter whether he blind squirreled Smash or caught him fair and square? I don't think scum is going to sacrifice their partner like that D1. I could be wrong and that's why I say the longer he lives the less he should be trusted.

I might be reading it wrong but sounded like a blatant contradiction to me.

Hallia has for the most part sheeped me but what can I say it's an effective strategy when employed by scum. I don't think that's what's happening here though because when Hallia is scum she is very lurky and that hasn't really been the case so far in this game. I think she just genuinely agrees with what I've been saying this game. If that's not the case well then she's fooled me.

You admit she sheeped you and it's an effective scum strategy.  Then you say you dont thyink that is whats happening here because she is lurky as scum.  Did she sheep you or not?  Its confusing.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Loved the breakdown.  Hate the vote.  

Have you even considered another player being scum this entire game?  You seem very fixated on Dicker.

I had you as best town read, with DPR as my strongest scum.  Which is interesting considering he's voting you

Honestly, not until DPR went at me? If I was to suddenly discount Dicker and DPR I'd be a bit clueless.

I'd probably be grilling Crusher, AVM, you and Ben. Or sitting back and letting someone else do it.

If there's not at least ONE scum in Dicker/DPR then I don't really know where else to look right now.

Do you think I'm jumping the gun and that there's someone I should be more concerned with?

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I see no hunt from AVM...yesterday he voted Ben not because he found something but more just climbing aboard a northbound train.  80 calls him out for his vote and his lack of contribution.  Leelou had also suspected him and now both 80 and Leelou are dead.  Now I get that scum most likely had one shot so its a stretch but I find that interesting.  Then today after I vote him he fires back with an omgus vote.  Yet another who wants to lynch a person from the train that lynched scum.  Again, I realize you have a different opinion of the possible motives yesterday and my vote by no means makes me confirmed town but to lay out conspiratorial evidence the very next day and not even consider that scum would have pushed for a competing train seems counterproductive.

Noticing that someone is not hunting is legit. 

Now we know that 80 was playing out front yesterday to reaction test and get an idea of who to investigate. 

Leelou's observation is more interesting to me because of their thing, but they do that every game now and it was day 1, so I ignored it. i need to re-read those interactions.

I'm also very curious about the multiple kills and those choices, but I've got Nolder in mind as the scum-hit on Leelou because they've played a lot together and she knows his tells.

Agreed that today was a total omgus vote on you.

We stand where we do on the train/vote issue.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now because it would just be opportunistic to do otherwise and I do still feel more strongly about Nolder being scum (and JiF ham-fisting trying to pull my vote off of him) but I'm not counting AVM out.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think you use flawed logic.  Your were literally advocating not killing scum yesterday because they were obvious scum.  That's some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever heard in my life.  Real talk.  

That said, I like your approach and I feel it's good natured and town oriented.  I think you seek to understand, you question with merit and you're trying to figure it out.  Not spinning or spending time dismissing what everyone else has to say but rather, coming up with individual thought. 

We're also seeing the game similarly, which gives me a town vibe from you.

So yeah, its perfectly normal to think someones logic is flawed and still think they are town.  

Jif puts it much nicer than me, but basically this.

I think your nonsense comes from a townie POV...it's just wrong unfortunately.

1 hour ago, AzureBen said:

It's not normal to completely misunderstand and bastardize someone's logic in a way that makes it look anti-town and then call them good natured and helpful. Either my logic against the Decker lynch was horrible and I was pushing an anti-town position, or it made sense and was town-oriented questioning with merit. Can't be both. And how the hell are we seeing the game similarly then? Because we agree on an obvious scumread? Your interactions with me have been mostly (intentionally or not) spinning my thoughts from earlier in a way that makes them sound dumb and easily discredited, while praising my thoughts otherwise. Because they line up with the lynch you want? Also, Crusher is on my town list, do you think that has merit?

That's the way it is in mafia sometimes. A townie can push a bad position. It doesn't suddenly turn them into scum and lynching them wont win the game.

Jif puts it much nicer than me, but basically this.

I think your nonsense comes from a townie POV...it's just wrong unfortunately.

When you're capable of responding to my actual thoughts, then we can talk. But I'm starting to think you just don't want to.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

That's the way it is in mafia sometimes. A townie can push a bad position. It doesn't suddenly turn them into scum and lynching them wont win the game.

A player can't push a bad position and be read as town because of the merit of their contributions. That's just insane.

25 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

This is an excellent point imo. On that same note I do feel like Crusher has picked up his game finally.

3 minutes ago, AzureBen said:

When you're capable of responding to my actual thoughts, then we can talk. But I'm starting to think you just don't want to.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother. I thought I already made that clear lol.

1 minute ago, AzureBen said:

A player can't push a bad position and be read as town because of the merit of their contributions. That's just insane.

Ok. Well are we wrong? Are you scum?

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I might be reading it wrong but sounded like a blatant contradiction to me.

Hallia has for the most part sheeped me but what can I say it's an effective strategy when employed by scum. I don't think that's what's happening here though because when Hallia is scum she is very lurky and that hasn't really been the case so far in this game. I think she just genuinely agrees with what I've been saying this game. If that's not the case well then she's fooled me.

You admit she sheeped you and it's an effective scum strategy.  Then you say you dont thyink that is whats happening here because she is lurky as scum.  Did she sheep you or not?  Its confusing.

Well, it's hard to tell isn't it? I don't know if she genuinely agrees with me and thinks I'm townie or if she's just scum buddying up. Because of meta right now I think it's the former but that could quickly change if she doesn't jump into the fray more herself. Even you've stepped up your gameplay since you got back I want to see the same from her if she's going to keep that standing with me.

8 hours ago, AzureBen said:

(Oh, and your top town read on Hallia is hilariously bad. :lol:)

Haterrrrrr.  You don't know me! :P

3 hours ago, D P R said:

My 2 cents:

1. Obvious NK questions are 1. did Ape shoot Leelou or 80 and 2. who shot Ape? 

2. Player reads Town down to Scum:

Crusher - Analytical so far and not pushing too hard in any direction. I feel good about this for now, but I got my eye on any opportunistic votes or hunches taking the place of analysis. 

Jif - As I said earlier, he hasn't really started playing yet. Could be lurking.

AVM - The Leelou banter is something they've been doing for a while. But, he's not really active yet. Could be lurking.

Decker - More active than other games I've played with him. Kind of emo-drifts in logic, but not as bad as Nolder or Ben. Null.

JC - I'm well documented here, but I wont ignore that het is offering content. That bugs given the no-content vote on Smash and he could drop like a stone on this list, but there will be other scum and I'll shout out if I see anything new.

Hallia - coasting along, trying to appear like she's playing.

Ben - I don't get why people think he's Town, but every once in a while I'm wrong. His most recent defense of Nolder's post strikes me as much more well thought out than the bullsh*t spread on day 1 and his vote on me reeks of omgus.

Nolder - I'm well document here. His recent post today makes me happy to keep my vote on him.

I would say pot, kettle....except that would imply that I was coasting, which is bull.  

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Yeah I'm not gonna bother. I thought I already made that clear lol.

Ok. Well are we wrong? Are you scum?

Quite. :3

Why don't you stop trying to have it both ways and come at me? Or are you avoiding what you know is a mislynch?

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Ok, so, elephant in the room. @D P R you know I'm ready and willing to vote you which would put you at L-1 and in range of being insta hammered. Do you want to talk or claim or anything?

I'll claim that I've never heard such a load of sh*t as what you've been trying to sell to Ben this morning. I've stayed out of it so as not to pile on or distort people's reads, but you trying to sell the nonsensical sh*t is absolutely insane.

You do what you gotta do Tiger. 

4 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Haterrrrrr.  You don't know me! :P

I would say pot, kettle....except that would imply that I was coasting, which is bull.  

Yeah? What's your case on me other than you sleeping Nolder.

Quite. :3

Why don't you stop trying to have it both ways and come at me? Or are you avoiding what you know is a mislynch?

Ding ding ding! Have you even been reading what me and Jif are saying? Bird brain is the perfect nickname for you.

56 minutes ago, D P R said:

Agreed that scum was lynched and that we are likely looking at 3 scum. Granted that a gambit is a tough thing to pull off. The details of Smash's lynch are weird and I've pointed that out. I've stayed on it a bit because it's provoking conversation and that's what we need to hear. 

I'm fine voting from either train, but I've never been a big fan of "who was on what train" as a determination of alignment. That's another one that's just too easy to get lost in the meta rabbit hole.

I'm happy with my vote on Nolder because I see his play as very self serving and I find him scummier than AVM. JiF is rising quickly on my scum list with his antics.

I didn't vote for Smash because I never saw a case against him and I felt solid in following actual evidence against Ben.

And I'm still saying that there is something rotten with the Smash lynch. I'm watching to see what direction the evidence goes in, but something is wrong with it.

My antics = voting DPR

Something rotten about lynching Scum, guys. 

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

I'll claim that I've never heard such a load of sh*t as what you've been trying to sell to Ben this morning. I've stayed out of it so as not to pile on or distort people's reads, but you trying to sell the nonsensical sh*t is absolutely insane.

You do what you gotta do Tiger. 

Mmm ok. I'm gonna wait a couple minutes then toss my vote into the ring. Good luck.

Just now, Nolder said:

Mmm ok. I'm gonna wait a couple minutes then toss my vote into the ring. Good luck.

Why wait? That's bullsh*t as much as everything else you've said today. You're hesitation speaks volumes - I like my vote right where it is.

Just now, D P R said:

Why wait? That's bullsh*t as much as everything else you've said today. You're hesitation speaks volumes - I like my vote right where it is.

Because I'm about to step away from the computer for about an hour and I wanted to wait until the last second.

Ding ding ding! Have you even been reading what me and Jif are saying? Bird brain is the perfect nickname for you.

You just get more amusing as you go. What you've been saying is that I've been completely wrong in an anti-town way on all my content besides a pretty easy lynch that you agree with, but despite that (and perhaps because of the latter), I'm somehow town? At least you're not JiF, who's been playing up how good I've been doing while trying to discredit most of what I've had to say outside of what fits his agenda.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

My antics = voting DPR

Something rotten about lynching Scum, guys. 

Im going to do it again. I dont see the case on DPR. I really don't.  Maybe your at a different l;evel than I am but he is not coming off at all scummy.  Creepy as hell but not scummy.  Halia is coasting and has been.  Not sure of any content.  Losing Smash day 1 in my opinion would put the other two sum players on hide mode.  I would think so.  Still want to look at AVM but I would like to lynch Halia today.

Just now, AzureBen said:

You just get more amusing as you go. What you've been saying is that I've been completely wrong in an anti-town way on all my content besides a pretty easy lynch that you agree with, but despite that (and perhaps because of the latter), I'm somehow town? At least you're not JiF, who's been playing up how good I've been doing while trying to discredit most of what I've had to say outside of what fits his agenda.

Process of elimination. Not everyone can be scum, some are just bird brains.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Im going to do it again. I dont see the case on DPR. I really don't.  Maybe your at a different l;evel than I am but he is not coming off at all scummy.  Creepy as hell but not scummy.  Halia is coasting and has been.  Not sure of any content.  Losing Smash day 1 in my opinion would put the other two sum players on hide mode.  I would think so.  Still want to look at AVM but I would like to lynch Halia today.

I still think DPR is scummy from d1 myself, but I'm up for lynching Hallia, and increasingly want Nolder dead.
With that in mind, not going to allow a hammer that easily yet. Unvote

39 minutes ago, AzureBen said:

You didn't misunderstand me, you just keep presenting a watered-down version of my logic. That's good to know. I'm not echoing it again now if you won't get it.

DPR?

Again, you're dumbing it down so far that anyone would be repulsed. You don't need to paint it as scummy when what you present it as is that dumb.

Okay.

Fair enough.

I can work with AVM (although I'd put Hallia first) but you're going to have to sell me on Crusher.

I'm not a smart person so I dumb things down or I post things to read between the lines and try to get that person to commit to what they are saying.  You tried to explain it away but at the end of the day, your logic was your logic and it was off.  It doesnt really matter now.

Are you asking me or telling me that DPR is a obvious scum read?

If I feel the need to sell you on Crusher, I will but I find DPR and AVM more interesting right now.

I still think DPR is scummy from d1 myself, but I'm up for lynching Hallia, and increasingly want Nolder dead.
With that in mind, not going to allow a hammer that easily yet. Unvote

I worried about him a bit but most of his stuff looked like scum hunting to me,. Him getting reactions from people.  Not feeling him as scum.  Yet I had Leelou as scum and she was town so never know. 

Archived