Bryce Petty?

Sarge4Tide

What do you think of Bryce Petty?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your reaction to this statement: "I believe Bryce Petty can be a quality NFL starter someday"

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • Neutral / No Opinion
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Someday is probably the key word...I think if they threw him in as our starter this season it might ruin him.

I don't think it would ruin him but I don't think he would have a lot of success right now.  He seems to have the best trait a QB can have and that's the ability to forget and move on.  Nothing seems to rattle him from what I've seen so far.

I am between Neutral and Agree.  I voted Agree.  I didn't follow him in college, but I was just watching week 1 against the Jags.  The man can throw some heat.  Hoping he can develop into a good QB.

One observation - Fitz doesn't have the best arm.  And I remember the Pennington years.  I loved Pennington, and am hopeful for Fitz this season, but neither had/have big arms.  It is nice that Geno, Petty, and Hack all have pretty big arms.  Hoping one of them will pop and be our long term option at QB.

I think it's too early to tell.  I equate it to having a racing game where you have this cool car that can be upgraded to be a very nice racer, but the parts right now aren't going to win anything big.  If we upgrade and avoid dings, eventually it could be good, but it takes time and patience.  

Petty to me, isn't ready, he has the tools but he still needs to learn the system better.  It'll be an interesting decision, because I'm pretty sure he'll be picked up off a practice squad, which was one of the reasons why I was against signing Fitz because it created a number crunch for what I perceived was a marginal upgrade at best.  

Had to vote no opinion which is an upgrade compared to my opinion of him prior to TC.  I don't see how anyone can grade him higher that this based on his body of work to date.  IMHO, any higher grade is pure homerism :) (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Archived