Petty

Schmidt

It was a bit late.  Not the 'OMG the ref is blind' kind of late, but the rusher had several yards to go when the ball was released and certainly could have slowed down. 

But then keep in mind these are bubble players trying to get noticed and I can't go nuts over it.  Bottom line, the LT waved a red cape as the rusher went around him.  Our OL is bad right now.

pettylatehit.png

This guy showed improvement and there is no way you get rid of him. They do have a path to IR him but it would be a setback for his career since he's kicked it up a notch. I even think he could be a starter. And maybe next season. But this year he'll be number 3. 

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It was a bit late.  Not the 'OMG the ref is blind' kind of late, but the rusher had several yards to go when the ball was released and certainly could have slowed down. 

But then keep in mind these are bubble players trying to get noticed and I can't go nuts over it.  Bottom line, the LT waved a red cape as the rusher went around him.  Our OL is bad right now.

pettylatehit.png

I know it's only a still shot above, but it looks like #72 is doing enough to make it look like the defender is being pushed into the QB. It's almost like the defender isn't looking at Petty, but following the ball.

A bit late but the danger of the 4th preseason game is you have a lot of guys just trying to make the team.  These guys are not nearly as polished and are going all out with one last chance to prove their worth.  Can't fault any of these guys for going all out.  To them it's not just about getting some reps it's about getting a job.

I don't want to downplay the competition he faced in pre-season many backups and non NFL players so let's not go crazy on this. Same with Prescott. It will be a different story in a week. But the guy did show some poise and maybe the ability to run an offense successfully. He could be a candidate to be a starter. And next year there is a job opening. If Prescott a 4th rounder is successful maybe that will help his standing with the Jets FO and Gailey. 

Archived