Good and Bad

UnitedWhofans

Good.

DL played fantastic.

RBs. Forte is going to be good.

QB. Fitzpatrick played ok. Saw less of those wide open misses then I have seen in the past. Last INT was a great play by a defender. but he had an ok game for an ok QB.

OL: Brian Winters had a heck of a game. Great news for developing OL

Bad:

Brandon Marshall. Got to get open and when you do, make catches please

Nick Folk: Bad game which eventually was the difference

CBs: Revis needs to be helped a ton. Would like to see Burris get more playing time.

Overall they lost, but they looked ok. That is the difference in a schedule. Onto game 2.

Cant stop the pass, long Balls all day, even with 7 Sacks. Winters was not a worry he played well second half of last year. He handled Suh on his own.

The rookies look good.

Fitz is terrible,

Is the rookie Kicker we cut still available? - Nick Folk is Dog Sh*t, he's never been a fav of min, with his weak leg but you can't miss automatic FG's 

The secondary is terrible! - Worst I've seen in a very long time, plus the Bengals just gave the rest of the League the game film blue print on how to beat us.

It's going to be tough sledging the rest of the way.

I think once the season is gone, they go all in on Petty. It will give me something to cheer about in the remaining garbage time games at the end of the year.

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Good.

DL played fantastic.

QB. Fitzpatrick played ok. Saw less of those wide open misses then I have seen in the past. Last INT was a great play by a defender. but he had an ok game for an ok QB.

Bad:

CBs: Revis needs to be helped a ton. Would like to see Burris get more playing time.

Overall they lost, but they looked ok. That is the difference in a schedule. Onto game 2.

Well done .

That is all .

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Good.

DL played fantastic.

Bad:

Fitz in the good?  WTF?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Good.

DL played fantastic.

Bad:

right on the money

Good 

Forte and Powell (Powell was looking damn good and had better YPC average)

D-Line

J Marshall returns (3-110yds aint too shabby)

O-line (for what I expected to happen, they were good) (Fitz sacked only once too)

Lac Ness Monster (we have a punter finally)

Running game (152yds total, 36% of 1st downs rushing)

Enunwa

Grey Area

Fitz (looked rusty on some plays, looked good on others) (54% completion, meh, tipped balls and threw away a couple, DROPS)

3rd down conversions (33%, should be better)

Revis (understandably aging, but needs to adjust his game accordingly)

Bad

Play calling (Flashbacks of Schotty at times)

Secondary (something needs to be adressed here)

Folk (kickers miss occasionally, but DAMN son)

Bowles (seems to lack urgency, or adjustment ability, or both)

3 hours ago, Kevin L said:

We should have won the game. But it gives me some hope that even when we play like crap we can still compete with the top teams in our conference.

I noticed you said 'compete with' but the operative should be beat top teams even when we play bad. Playing well and losing is no moral victory and playing bad enough to lose is even worse.

13 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Bowles (seems to lack urgency, or adjustment ability, or both)

Agreed. The Bengals found a way to negate the Jets pressure, but Bowles didn't make defensive adjustments that had Revis one on one with a guy who was eating his lunch. That is totally on Bowles and the DC.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Agreed. The Bengals found a way to negate the Jets pressure, but Bowles didn't make defensive adjustments that had Revis one on one with a guy who was eating his lunch. That is totally on Bowles and the DC.

Yeppers

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I noticed you said 'compete with' but the operative should be beat top teams even when we play bad. Playing well and losing is no moral victory and playing bad enough to lose is even worse.

Absolutely. I just think that this isn't the best effort that we'll see this year from this team. As bad as some of the units on this team looked, we were still in the game.  I expect them to play better going forward.

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Absolutely. I just think that this isn't the best effort that we'll see this year from this team. As bad as some of the units on this team looked, we were still in the game.  I expect them to play better going forward.

My thoughts too.

I didnt expect game one to executed flawlessly, and figure we will gel and get some things polished up in the next couple of weeks. (I hope)

The Good:

Leonard Williams. Wow. That 2nd(?) defensive series was just flat-out dominant. He's really that good.
Jalin Marshall is a keeper as a returner. As a WR he reminds me of Laveranues Coles, just needs to get more polished.
OL performed well above expectations.
Enunwa has definitely made steps towards being a solid contributor.
Powell looks to be picking up where he left off last year.
WE FINALLY HAVE A PUNTER!
Forte will be great the first half of the year.

The Bad:

Secondary is a work in progress that needs to get sussed out quickly.
Fitzpatrick's timing is way too inconsistent.
Marshall seems to be...something. Just seemed off.
LBs aren't particularly impactful.
Lachlan Edwards/Nick Folk need more practice on FGs/XPs
Forte will be fair to middling the second half.

Read more: http://newyorkjetshampur.com/thread/6407/good-bad#ixzz4JzsTziiO

Archived